Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
I don't know about you, but I'm hopeful of time cycles. I know the people who complained about "24 Hours of Sunlight" with Le Mans and the Nürburgring Nordschleife races. I always reflect back to rFactor in regards to time changes because you could set the 30-minute period in which to start the race. Also good is the time cycle deal as well as the ability to set the rate of how much time ticks off the clock. You have to play rFactor to understand how the time cycling works. You see the lights turned on at a certain time. Even modified tracks have certain time periods desginated for morning, afternoon, evening, and night. It would be interesting if the different time cycles coincide with times of the year. What's the difference between the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona and the 24 Hours of Le Mans in terms of time? The Daytona 24 in late January usually has a longer night stage than Le Mans in mid-June. Conversely, Le Mans has more time in daylight for the mid-June classic than the Rolex 24. PD can be a bit technical with certain time cycles to make racing interesting. I would love to see the sun completely sink down as the sky is aglow with stars and the moon for an evening race. A rally event that starts in the morning should allow the sun to creep up and brighten things up as the race goes along.

So while weather seems very possible, I'd love the possibilities of time racing as well as races held at different times of day. How do you feel about possibilities of time cycles including races held at different times of day?

I don't know about you, but I'm hopeful of time cycles. I know the people who complained about "24 Hours of Sunlight" with Le Mans and the Nürburgring Nordschleife races. I always reflect back to rFactor in regards to time changes because you could set the 30-minute period in which to start the race. Also good is the time cycle deal as well as the ability to set the rate of how much time ticks off the clock. You have to play rFactor to understand how the time cycling works. You see the lights turned on at a certain time. Even modified tracks have certain time periods desginated for morning, afternoon, evening, and night. It would be interesting if the different time cycles coincide with times of the year. What's the difference between the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona and the 24 Hours of Le Mans in terms of time? The Daytona 24 in late January usually has a longer night stage than Le Mans in mid-June. Conversely, Le Mans has more time in daylight for the mid-June classic than the Rolex 24. PD can be a bit technical with certain time cycles to make racing interesting. I would love to see the sun completely sink down as the sky is aglow with stars and the moon for an evening race. A rally event that starts in the morning should allow the sun to creep up and brighten things up as the race goes along.

So while weather seems very possible, I'd love the possibilities of time racing as well as races held at different times of day. How do you feel about possibilities of time cycles including races held at different times of day?

Yes, different times of day would be great, and the way you explain it just seems so awesome....I've always loved getting up early in the morning a couple times a year and heading out to the racetrack, hearing the engines of the racecars roar as the sun peaks up over the horizon. Ahhhh, heaven. If GT could generate that feeling......👍

Did any one notice in the top bar In the cities were BRANDS HATCH (BTCC) and SHANGAIH (maybe Shanghai International Circuit), maybe a hint of future tracks?

well there's only 5 tracks in gt5:P. this is 7 locations. these has to be where someone lives.

NEWS UPDATE 22-08-07:

Leipzig - playablle demo is on floor.

New Info, as follows:

• 5 tracks (Suzuka, Eiger Nordwand, London City Track confirmed - 2 to go)
•50 cars
•16 players online battles
•November release for PAL?

"SO if its true", i think it would look like this:

DAYTONA BEACH - Daytona International Speedway
BRANDS HATCH - Brands Hatch Circuit (Location: KENT ENGLAND)
SONOMA - Infineon Raceway
SUZUKA - Suzuka Circuit
NURBURG - Nurburgring
LEMANS - Circuit de la Sarthe
SHANGHAI - Shanghai International Circuit
MONTERREY - ...............

I think this is a hint of tracks for GT5, since the GT5:P tracks have been mentioned.

This is spreading to other sites.
If it's not true I can hear the angry screams already!

Oh & that would be a Japanese to German to English translation!

For GT4 there was a huge Car List released which was all BS. It spread between many sites and came from a simple GT Planet wish list thread. Many gamesites don't double-check the info since they want to have big news and getting more visitors. 👎

For GT4 there was a huge Car List released which was all BS. It spread between many sites and came from a simple GT Planet wish list thread. Many gamesites don't double-check the info since they want to have big news and getting more visitors. 👎

Maybe so, but apparently it was the Gamespot themselves that heard the news first hand.

[UPDATE] Today, we sat in on a presentation hosted by Gran Turismo series creator Kazunori Yamauchi as he demonstrated some of the new features that will be present in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. The game is due for release on the PlayStation Network as a free download later this year.

Source:
http://uk.gamespot.com/events/leipz...157&pid=942026&tag=top_stories;story;2&page=1

I still call BS. However....

It's well known that in PAL markets Sony reps have stated numerous times that 'value-add' packs (rather than a console price drop) work better in these regions. Perhaps this will just be another 'value-add' incentive rather than a hardware price drop.

In the half hour movie posted a few pages back he says the price isn't certain yet. So anything could happen. Maybe this is a smart move by PD, releasing Prologue for free to get more people into Gran Turismo and therefore more sales on GT5. But i still doubt it will be free.

DAYTONA BEACH - Daytona International Speedway
SONOMA - Infineon Raceway
SUZUKA - Suzuka Circuit
NURBURG - Nurburgring
LEMANS - Circuit de la Sarthe
SHANGHAI - Shanghai International Circuit
MONTERREY - ...............

I think this is a hint of tracks for GT5, since the GT5:P tracks have been mentioned.

MONTERREY = Laguna Seca

You notice in that video that the shadow as he switches to interior view is really bad it looks very pixelated but I am sure they will sort that out for the final game.

IGN
When will Prologue come to the U.S.?
Japan and Europe will launch before the end of the year, but nothing is decided for the United States. "Kazunori is kind of asking if you could write about it and say we want it before the end of the year in the U.S. as well," Inaba said.

Europe this year! That was more than i hoped for! 👍

^ As it states on the earlier posts, this is only a pre-production prototype. It will be fixed in the future if not on GT5P maybe on GT5. (:

Out of curiosity has it been mentioned if gear shift hand animation will be included?

It was in gt4, so i would assume it will be in GT5,but im not sure for prologue.
(though you could not use inside view in gt4 without hacks)

i believe it will be free. Alot of credible sites are saying so, the quotes say at this point it will be free, PD can change there mine whenever they want though.

It's not "a lot" of sites.. it's just one. And news from that ONE site is being reposted all over the 'net.

Hell, I've seen "news" show up on all the major news sites that actually started here on GTP, posted by a single user. Happens all the time on AVS, too.

I'm not holding my breath. Then again, I've still got money sitting in my PSN "wallet" that should cover the game.

Greetings to everyone on gtplanet.net. I am not posting very often but I am keeping close eye on informations you're bringing to gt addicts. Afterall, my friend and colleague amar212 is always up to date with new info. 👍

Allow me to say few things and bring you some impressions on Gran Turismo 5: Prologue as I've played it's demo (both single player on SIXAXIS and multiplayer online in seats on G25 wheel w/o gearbox) and co-done interview with Kazunori Yamauchi at Liepzig Game Convention 2007.

1. Gear changes are present in the current demo but their animation naturally depend on car you're driving - sequentional behind the wheel gearbox or standard one (the stick). Sticking to animations, the ones that considers hands of the driver are just incredible with materials streching and changing depending on the action you've taken (fast turning the wheel for 360 etc.). Lightning and shaders are doing their part of the story also.

2. GT stand with multiplayer demo of Prologue had 6 seats with Logitech G25 wheels and pedals installed but without gearboxes. Players could select any car from demo and begin a race on Suzuka Circuit stage at any time regardless of the other players allready doing their best times on it with other cars. F430, Alfa Romeo, VW Golf - everybody on the same track at the same time. Must I describe how good it feels to drive out from the box, come out from the 1st right corner behind GTA and put the pedal to the metal with F430 leaving Alfa behind in matter of no time on short straight afterwards? I thought so. :)

3. The sound in the demo is absolutely outstanding, with F430 roaming @ 7000 rpm like it's in the room. Even I didn't had headphones, at first (bussiness only) day of show I've turned up the volume on the Bravia at 60 and it sounded just right - deep and hard with different effects depending on the view (bumper/cockpit/behind both front and behind). I would say that PD is doing very good job with engine sounds this time around.

4. GT5P is running on the same engine that will "drive" the full game (GT5) but it is not just yet fully optimized so little yiggies and some very rare slowdowns in "16 cars on the screen" situations are to be evaporate in final version of the Prologue. Every model of a car is build from about 200.000 polygons (for illustration, one car in GT4 was built from 4.000 polys) and every part of the car is done as 3D object (f.e. light lenses are made of as many polys as hole car in GT 4). As sad by Kazunori Yamauchi in the interview. (Thanks for quoting the source: GamePlay Magazine Croatia, www.gameplay.hr)

5. GT5P is definitelly coming out this year, GT5 is coming out next year, and after it's release Polyphopny Digital is planning to take out never forgotten PSP version of GT. As sad by Kazunori Yamauchi in the interview. It is not known yet will portable version be based on GT4, GT5 or something in the middle and will it have any integrations with console games. (Thanks for quoting the source: GamePlay Magazine Croatia, www.gameplay.hr)

6. After game release, Polyphony Digital is planning to continue their design work on more cars that will be opened for download via PSN in the future, and this time they will try to bring players almost every car in history from all over the world (not focusing on the japanesse models mostly like in previous GT games). As sad by Kazunori Yamauchi in the interview. (Thanks for quoting the source: GamePlay Magazine Croatia, www.gameplay.hr)

Keep it real!

Didnt they say it was a City track based on the streets of London, not Brands Hatch? You even quoted someone who said it, and thats what ive read in articles. I could be wrong of corse, but the GT5 trailers for download, the one with the GTR at the end, had lots of shots from London City.

Thanks Spacemaniac_hr, much appreciated information.

Latest Posts

Back