Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
Sorry but it was A.I. fault.
Count the seconds from when the human driver dove to the inside and hit the brakes until the A.I. car made contact.
As there are only 16 crs on track and this incident was between two cars which had plently of side track room to manuveur (as in no cars next to them) even if the A.I. car would have clipped the human driver by steering to the left, it should have "read" what the human driver was doing and attempted to avoid the impact, which it didn't do as it just hit right in the back end of the human drivers car.
I'm not expecting an A.I. bubble and yes it is still too early for any kind of real judging on the A.I. but i'm also expecting a no impact rule if avoidability can be made.
Yes it would be nice to see different levels of A.I. intelligence, and maybe that was, if so it was A.I. error.

So you're expecting the AI to do things that most humans can't do. How many times have YOU slammed into the back of a car playing GT? Even the best AI in the 'verse can't avoid all collisions based around an idiotic human driver.

Mx²;2752866
thanks i noticed in the video when KY drives the f430 the sounds were definatly improved. hopefully there improved for ALL cars.

Maybe engine, but the screeching of the tires still suck from what I heard. :yuck:

I always thought that GT-HD had mediocre, GT4 like Sound because it was supposed to be a Downloadable Content on PSN, and having higher quality sound will make the size really huge, so they stuck with older, really pathetic low quality sound (engine and the "annoying" tyre screeching). I was really happy to hear the Ferrari V8 sound where KazSan demoed it on the JeuxFrance video, and the confirmation from relio, really made my day. But if they don't do anything about that BAD, Annoying, totally Pathetic and ridiculous Tyre Screeching, I swear to God I'll book next flight to Japan, and head down to Polyphony Digital's HQ and start a Hunger Strike in front of their Office Building, until they change it to something atleast that doesnt make you wanna kill someone...

Apart from that, this game's got everything that I care about, well I would like damage of some sort, but the fact that they're going to add penalty of some kind for people who screw up, is more than enough a substitute for me, as long as it's fairly implied.. If someone comes and bangs me from the inside or on the back, I wouldnt want to be penalized as-well..

I kinda think the AI is nicer. Although can't say much from the videos, so will keep mum about it till I get my hands on this game myself..

Thank you "The Croatians" for all the amazing updates and info! :) :D

Yeah the sounds are good apart from the tires. I always found that on GT4 the sounds were the wrong way round. When I looked behing in most cars the sound would be quite good and looking ahead of me would sound really bad. It sounds like it isn't going to be like that in GT5:P and GT5.

If the tires don't make any noise, how do you know when you are losing grip, and to what extent? It's more difficult to tell when your body can't feel the G forces and your are relying entirely on visual stimuli playing a video game.

Depending how I set up my sound system with GT4, I can either bury the tire sound or make it louder. My fastest laps are usually when I can hear EXACTLY when the tires begin to brake away and can adjust throttle/steering/line accordingly.

Is it the type of sound that is the complaint or the sound, period? I'm not in disagreement, necessarily, I just want to know what "better" tire sound means.

My street car tires howl annoyingly when I push them around corners, but performance tires make a different sound, and full race tires sort of quietly scrub away. Should this be repeated in GT5? If so, how do I hear my full race tires begin to slide?

In talking about tire screeching sounds, remember that GT1 through GT3 had the same tire squeal. I think it was somewhat different for GT2 and GT3. GT4's kind of got annoying when trying to recover from a spin or going through a failed drift. Whether or not we'll hear different sounds will depend on any future shows and demonstrations.

http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2007/8/28-48

Start your engines for Gran Turismo™5 Prologue

New prequel an early taste of Gran Turismo 5 for PLAYSTATION 3 - A taste of Gran Turismo 5 for PLAYSTATION 3 is here at the end of this year - Up to 16-player online racing on PLAYSTATION Network - a Gran Turismo first! - Over 40 dream cars, High Definition graphics, new physics engine… and a TV channel

The real driving simulator that's sold 50 million units is back: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) and Polyphony Digital are pleased to announce Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, a prequel title showcasing the forthcoming Gran Turismo 5 for PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3) – available both on Blu-ray disc and as a download from PLAYSTATION Network (PSN) at the end of this year. Gran Turismo on PlayStation is one of the most successful global gaming franchises of the last ten years – renowned for its realism, quality of design and in-car physics technology – now, with the power of PS3 behind it, it's going to be unstoppable.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue features over 40 stunning cars – including vehicles by Lotus, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Ferrari for you to race on seriously realistic, real-life tracks: including the Eiger Nordwand, the London City Track and Suzuka – all rendered in incredible High Definition graphics. There's also all-new driving physics for the most lifelike driving experience ever and new, improved opponent artificial intelligence for the toughest race challenge yet.

But that's not all – for the first time ever in the history of Gran Turismo, you'll now be able to race online. Up to 16 players will be able to go head-to-head on some of the world's best racetracks on PLAYSTATION Network – all you need to get racing is a broadband connection and PS3. Once you're up and revving, Global Online Rankings and the My Garage homepage feature will leave the world in no doubt as to just who is the best at Gran Turismo.

And then there's the Online Dealership, providing a wealth of information on cars and manufacturers and also Gran Turismo TV – a dedicated online channel available exclusively from PSN and packed with some of the greatest content that Motorsport, car manufacturers and TV has to offer.

Key Features:

The first ever Gran Turismo title with online racing: drive online against up to 16 other Gran Turismo aces

Race a total of over 40 stunning, high-performance cars

Race on seriously realistic, real life tracks including the Eiger Nordwand, the London City Track and Suzuka – then race them in reverse and with alternative routes

All-new physics engine means true next-generation vehicle handling

All-new and improved opponent AI for a nail-biting race experience

Access to Gran Turismo TV : a world of great motoring TV programming online
Online Dealership: Access to car manufacturers online

My Garage - a personalised homepage feature with friends, chat and personal game records

Quick Tune facility allows you to adjust power, tyres, suspension and more

All in stunning High Definition at 1080p (race: 1080p-60fps, replay: 1080p-30fps)

Gran Turismo 5 – the full title – launches in 2008. Until then, there's enough ultra-realistic, high-speed racing in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue on PS3 to keep your accelerator firmly to the floor for the rest of the year.

Wicked sick! Thanks a lot, EWillis. Really look forward to playing this bad boy when it drops. Then (eventually) wait for GT5.

Great early find eWillis 👍👍

Below is the official SCEE's Press Release. Not exactly double-posting since guys at gaming-age edited the original release.

28/08/2007 19:02
Start your engines for Gran Turismo™5 Prologue

New prequel an early taste of Gran Turismo 5 for PLAYSTATION®3

- A taste of Gran Turismo 5 for PLAYSTATION®3 is here at the end of this year
- Up to 16-player online racing on PLAYSTATION®Network - a Gran Turismo first!
- Over 40 dream cars, High Definition graphics, new physics engine… and a TV channel

The real driving simulator that’s sold 50 million units is back: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) and Polyphony Digital are pleased to announce Gran Turismo™5 Prologue, a prequel title showcasing the forthcoming Gran Turismo™5 for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) – available both on Blu-ray disc and as a download from PLAYSTATION®Network (PSN) at the end of this year. Gran Turismo on PlayStation is one of the most successful global gaming franchises of the last ten years – renowned for its realism, quality of design and in-car physics technology – now, with the power of PS3™ behind it, it’s going to be unstoppable.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue features over 40 stunning cars – including vehicles by Lotus, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Ferrari for you to race on seriously realistic, real-life tracks: including the Eiger Nordwand, the London City Track and Suzuka – all rendered in incredible High Definition graphics. There’s also all-new driving physics for the most lifelike driving experience ever and new, improved opponent artificial intelligence for the toughest race challenge yet.

But that’s not all – for the first time ever in the history of Gran Turismo, you’ll now be able to race online. Up to 16 players will be able to go head-to-head on some of the world’s best racetracks on PLAYSTATION®Network™ – all you need to get racing is a broadband connection and PS3™. Once you’re up and revving, Global Online Rankings and the My Garage homepage feature will leave the world in no doubt as to just who is the best at Gran Turismo.

And then there’s the Online Dealership, providing a wealth of information on cars and manufacturers and also Gran Turismo™ TV – a dedicated online channel available exclusively from PSN and packed with some of the greatest content that Motorsport, car manufacturers and TV has to offer.

Key Features:

- The first ever Gran Turismo title with online racing: drive online against up to 16 other Gran Turismo aces
- Race a total of over 40 stunning, high-performance cars
- Race on seriously realistic, real life tracks including the Eiger Nordwand, the London City Track and Suzuka – then race them in reverse and with alternative routes
- All-new physics engine means true next-generation vehicle handling
- All-new and improved opponent AI for a nail-biting race experience
- Access to Gran Turismo TV : a world of great motoring TV programming online
- Online Dealership: Access to car manufacturers online
- My Garage - a personalised homepage feature with friends, chat and personal game records
- Quick Tune facility allows you to adjust power, tyres, suspension and more
- All in stunning High Definition at 1080p (race: 1080p-60fps, replay: 1080p-30fps)
- Gran Turismo 5 – the full title – launches in 2008. Until then, there’s enough ultra-realistic, high-speed racing in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue on PS3™ to keep your accelerator firmly to the floor for the rest of the year.

ENDS

Notice this is text released today, on SCEE (European) press-vault. We can now say that European PAL release is official in 2007. Nice. However, still no word about the pricing... But since it will be be also a BR release, ideas of "free download" should be forgotten I guess..

:grumpy:-> Wahaha, another SCEA lack of consumer awareness. And we have to wait for another year for GT5 and SCEA will ignore the release GT5P here in the US. I think SCEA stays on its own little world, or maybe SCEA have its own separated booth from Sony (SCEI/SCEE) everytime E3 comes to town. :banghead: :ouch: :dunce:

-> Thats great news... :cheers:

...if you're living in Europe. :indiff::confused:

~> Stupid, stupid, stupid!!! :grumpy::irked::mad:🤬:boggled:

So... why would you not be able to download Euro GT5P from the US? Is it just that it won't run on an NTSC PS3?

Apparently it is possible to download a priced game from the store in a different region, however you seem to need a specific card or something to get it to work.

:grumpy:-> Bah! I don't want to do all that work just to play one game. If its GT5 well thats another story.

Stop acting like its confirmed it won't be coming to the US, and as far as I know it hasn't been confirmed what format it will be though likely both. Considering what we have heard recently it might even be free though I doubt it considering this is a pretty good sized game from the look of it.

^ But heres the thing, based on past history of GT's filler series (GTC series/GT4P). We actually never received any hard-copy prequels here in the US, and what makes us look lagged compared to the rest of the world, and GTHD just won't cut it. Thats why PGR/Forza is winning this battle! Just look at the sales figure between GT3 and GT4, I bet GT5 would be even less stellar. :indiff:

-> I'm sorry for being a pessimist on this matter, but what SCEA has done was completely unforgivable!!! :mad:

thats true but look at it this way, after GT4 being such a big hit and seeing how many downloads of GTHD there have been, PLUS the fact that GT5 P will definitely have online play (something GT fans have been waiting for since the beginning) will probably get PD's attention.

::sarcasm:: of course they could just cancel the whole thing altogether and release some sort of free online demo... but PD probably wouldn't do that /sarcasm::

Back