Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
The online aspect alone is what will make GT5 sell alot more than any GT before it.
And people, please read, its confirmed for both bluray & PSN.
I just hope the PSN ver will be free like Yamauchi san said...

Here's hoping!
This is waiting!

The online aspect alone is what will make GT5 sell alot more than any GT before it.
And people, please read, its confirmed for both bluray & PSN.
I just hope the PSN ver will be free like Yamauchi san said...

Here's hoping!
This is waiting!
I was right there with you until that last line... when did anyone at Sony or PD ever say GT5:P was going to be a free download? It's shaping up to be far better then Warhawk, which is a $40 download. I suspect you are reffering to GT:HD, which is a free download. 👍

I'll be very surprised if Sony sells GT5:P for under $40.

Well, according to gamespot, Yamauchi said it will be a free download...
Just read their article about the game in GC.

[UPDATE] Today, we sat in on a presentation hosted by Gran Turismo series creator Kazunori Yamauchi as he demonstrated some of the new features that will be present in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. The game is due for release on the PlayStation Network as a free download later this year.

For the whole thing.

Great news (GT5P 2007 PAL release), I am glad SCEE (Which includes Australia) is always on the ball. I do hope for the many other GT fans the SCEA makes a press release also confirming GT5P soon.

Has anyone had access to any info on the release date more accurate than 'later this year'?

I only hope it doesn't change into 'early next year'...

Well, according to gamespot, Yamauchi said it will be a free download...
Just read their article about the game in GC.

That is a second hand source, not direct from PD and therefore not to be trusted.

Someone reported to have said something is VERY different to someone actually saying something.

As far as GT5P being released in the USA. Perhaps it’s down to how many downloads have been done by American users compared to the downloads of European or Asian downloads?

I'm pretty sure it's only for race cars. If it includes every car the game wouldn't come out till 2009 and I doubt manufacturers would allow it.

I just read that in another forum. Pretty strange. Why would the BD version feature damage and the PSN wouldn't? It makes no sense.

I hope PD and Sony don't actually make the mistake of releasing this game in stages. Right now I'm having a hard enough time waiting, my purchase of a PS3 is being dictated by GT5.
At this point, if PD pushes back the date or doesn't release in America with the rest of the world, I very well may buy the next 360 and Halo 3. :ouch:

It all comes down to how Sony and PD act in the next few months and as a fan of the GT series I seriously hope they will not drop the ball. :bowdown:

I was right there with you until that last line... when did anyone at Sony or PD ever say GT5:P was going to be a free download? It's shaping up to be far better then Warhawk, which is a $40 download. I suspect you are reffering to GT:HD, which is a free download. 👍

I'll be very surprised if Sony sells GT5:P for under $40.

Considering the pityful list of PS3 titles available to buy in the shops, i think it would be a grave mistake for Sony not to have it released as a physical game disk (as opposed to a cost/no cost download).

50% of the tiny list of games you see on the shelves, in the UK at least, would appear to be lame film tie-ins. IMO Sony really needs a big hitter in it's line-up at the moment.

Now the only thing that could possibly ruin the fun for me is the steering wheel support. I still haven't managed to find anything official about the G25 support, will they shoot themselves in the foot and leave it out (and try to sell a "GT5 wheel" instead) or will they use their brain and give us full support?

Wasn't the ONLY reason GT5:P was to also be released on Blu-ray because the lack of internet infrastructure in some regions of the world.

Now the only thing that could possibly ruin the fun for me is the steering wheel support. I still haven't managed to find anything official about the G25 support, will they shoot themselves in the foot and leave it out (and try to sell a "GT5 wheel" instead) or will they use their brain and give us full support?
They have given full support to past wheels despite new ones coming out. The only issue I see with the G25, since it wasn't an official GT wheel, is no clutch/H-shifter support.

Wasn't the ONLY reason GT5:P was to also be released on Blu-ray because the lack of internet infrastructure in some regions of the world.

Well, they're still wondering whether to release it in the US in any form, and they (to my knowledge) have good internet services all around.

I hope they release it on a BR disc. Unless that's too expensive and download is free, I'll get the disc. I want a game that I can hold in my hand. Don't ask me why...

Since it's a PAL release, can we just create a new account and say we live in London then download GT5P and play it from our HD regardless of what account you use?

i just realized, even if you did make a PAL account how would you put money in it to buy GT5P if you live in NA?

Mx²;2755986
Since it's a PAL release, can we just create a new account and say we live in London then download GT5P and play it from our HD regardless of what account you use?
If it's free... yes, but I can't imagine it will be free. Now it's been speculated that to buy downloadable games from different regions your actual credit card billing address must be in that region... but I personally haven't tried buying anything from another regional PS store.

Of course, with it being released on Blu-ray, there will be plenty of retailers selling and shipping them to the US, so if for some reason US doesn;t get an official release, that's how I'm planning on getting GT5:P.

Of course, with it being released on Blu-ray, there will be plenty of retailers selling and shipping them to the US, so if for some reason US doesn;t get an official release, that's how I'm planning on getting GT5:P.
What if they region lock the disc?

If it's free... yes, but I can't imagine it will be free. Now it's been speculated that to buy downloadable games from different regions your actual credit card billing address must be in that region... but I personally haven't tried buying anything from another regional PS store.
Over here PS3 owners use fake US addresses to be able to buy PSN games. And as far as I know it only works with Mastercard International credit cards.

What if they region lock the disc?
It is my understanding that the PS3 does not enforce regional lockout on PS3 games, only for PS1 & PS2 games. 👍

Over here PS3 owners use fake US addresses to be able to buy PSN games. And as far as I know it only works with Mastercard International credit cards.
Good to have this confirmed. I always suspected it would be easy to buy priced games off other regional stores. Depending on the pricing and exchange rate, I bet you can get better deals on some games by buying from different regional PS stores.

It is my understanding that the PS3 does not enforce regional lockout on PS3 games, only for PS1 & PS2 games. 👍
I had just heard that the games could be region locked. I didn't know if it was past games only or new games too.

I had just heard that the games could be region locked. I didn't know if it was past games only or new games too.
As far as I know, the PS3 won't lock out any PS3 game no matter what region it was sold in. I personally have never bought any PS3 games from another region, but I have heard of a lot of people buying PS3 consoles outside their region and having no trouble playing games from their region.

I suppose a lot of US customers may be getting a chance to test this out soon, as it seems quite a few Americans appear to have taken advantage of Amazon.UK's pricing error on LAIR and Folklore where instead of the normal £35 ($70) price, they were available for pre-order yesterday for just £15 ($30).

If Amazon doesn't cancel all those orders, then there will be a lot of them headed across the pond.

The console is not region locked, but the game producer may choose to region lock the disk.

I heard a long time ago that it was part of the licence agreement third parties have to sign before they can make games for the PS3 that they cannot region lock a game. I can't remember where I read it but I'm sure it was an official source.

So far there's no reason why the release o GT5 and GT5:P won't support the GT25, since that's the wheel people were using at the last game show.

So far there's no reason why the release o GT5 and GT5:P won't support the GT25, since that's the wheel people were using at the last game show.

True, and i don't see any reason why they would not include clutch/H-gate support for it. They should also allow you to adjust forces, since g25 can be bit too strong for younger players.(and boring for petrol heads if you can not use full forces)

Back