Primus Ortus

Okay, finally got around to posting some of my new stuff. This one was a pretty eclectic bunch of photos of the Ferrari F40 and a few of the Mazda 787B. I hope you like them. :)

Thank you RG!

Beautiful work and I can't wait until the next update.

Hey thanks my friend!

The second to last F40 (the artistic one) is interesting. I love it. But I must say that in some of the shots I felt as if too much. Sort of too much edit and it hides the real beauty the shot could have had. For example the second the last 787B. The lighting/colours on the trees looks excellent. As if the sun is shining half way (the sun is going and the shadow has risen and is just lighting the trees) If you had darkened you could have created a brilliant effect. The F40 shots are mostly your usual excellence. 👍 Carry on, my friend.

Fantastic pictures, especially #1, #7 and #9. I really like the editing on pretty much every single one. 👍

Beautiful set! Love the F40 shots (can't go too wrong there) and the Mode 1 shot is brilliant. 👍 :)

Excellent work here! The abstract blurry shot in the latest set is really great! I love the different colors in the "color wheel." Very creative stuff!

Thanks for coming to see my humble gallery. I had a good time in the CCCL comp judging, but I've gotta say, there are a lot better photographers/editors in this community than I am, so it's always nice when you guys (and the occasional girl... :)) come and visit. Also, I just wanted to reiterate what a great community this is. If you want to see what I'm talking about, just go visit Gtuned's gallery. (Hint - Ceiling Fan and Sprite have done some pretty cool things to help out ol' brony. :)) So anyways, here's just a few pics. The first two are old one's I took off the PS3 for the first time and edited for fun. I'm not sold on the frames, but it's different, which is sometimes okay... The last one is my latest contribution to the Real Circuits photo shoot I did earlier. It is a 3 exposure HDR with alot of probably useless color level work... ;) (I like the road though - it looks like dirt - It's like a Spa Rally track! Woot! I hope you like them! (The second photo is my favorite of this group.)

Be sure to click on them for Lightbox - especially the first two... :)

HD version (3098x1925) - Click 2x

Thanks man!

Great sets, especially the F40 one 👍

Thanks F458!

WOW!

The F40 pics are amazing!

Well done.

Thank you my friend. :)

The second to last F40 (the artistic one) is interesting. I love it. But I must say that in some of the shots I felt as if too much. Sort of too much edit and it hides the real beauty the shot could have had. For example the second the last 787B. The lighting/colours on the trees looks excellent. As if the sun is shining half way (the sun is going and the shadow has risen and is just lighting the trees) If you had darkened you could have created a brilliant effect. The F40 shots are mostly your usual excellence. 👍 Carry on, my friend.

Good eye Skython, and you are right. :) Thanks for the criticism - there's so much to learn... (You're going to kill me on my next set...I've had too much fun with the color levels, I just couldn't say no! hehe. :scared:)

Fantastic pictures, especially #1, #7 and #9. I really like the editing on pretty much every single one. 👍

Well thank you Fishy! Great new update with the green Scirocco by the way (I know, I've already told you that on Flickr and your gallery, but it deserves sayin' again... :) )

Very beautiful shots :drool:

Thanks Shao - I really appreciate the comments my friend.

Super shots there :)

Thanks for the compliment grrlpurp! Hope you were okay with the Samba Bus edit I put on your gallery... :)

Great update

Loving this one

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7019/6810494775_a27c50d445_z.jpg

The panning mode 1, sometimes produces some curious and artistic results 👍

Thank you DarkR - I wish I had better editing software though. CS5 and Lightroom, for example, can do amazing things with color and lighting that I really can't accomplish on GIMP. Some day I guess!

The first shot is absolutely gorgeous! Fabulous tones and composition.

Thanks arsenal!

Beautiful set! Love the F40 shots (can't go too wrong there) and the Mode 1 shot is brilliant. 👍 :)

Hey Nato - thank you! I was a closet fan of Panning Mode 1, but now I'm out. In retrospect, I should have used my mode 1 shot in the Rally Cross comp, but oh well, what can ya do... :indiff:

Excellent work here! The abstract blurry shot in the latest set is really great! I love the different colors in the "color wheel." Very creative stuff!

Wow, thanks BP!

I love the fifth shot.

Thank you! (Me too... ;) )

Last edited:
Uhh... I seriously don't know where to start, Just all amazing, espically the last HDR-ish Spa shot.

Mmm... Primus Photograpghy... :dopey: XD

Photos are awesome like always! Mode 1 shot is so artistic! 👍

Just thought I'd update my little gallery banner. What do you think?

6852630179_f916fd38d8_z.jpg

____________________________________​
Uhh... I seriously don't know where to start, Just all amazing, espically the last HDR-ish Spa shot.

Thanks G! I'm glad you got your account upgraded so that you can continue posting great pics. 👍

Yeah The previous update was really cool with the abstract picture.

Thanks matt! I was planning this weekend on putting together a set devoted to Panning Mode 1 - hope I get the chance.

Lovely shots of the IS-F R!

Thanks Solo - fantastic 2.0 entry you did. Wonderful shot.

Awesome :drool:
Your pictures always amaze me :)👍👍👍

Thank you Shao - you are too kind. :)

BkS
Mmm... Primus Photograpghy... :dopey: XD

Photos are awesome like always! Mode 1 shot is so artistic! 👍

Heh, thanks BkS! :embarrassed:

Well, I've been playing around with my 370Z, aka "Wannabee GT3, but PD won't let me be", and by so doing, I've added some extra parts to make it go around Nerdburger's corners better. As such, some of you will not like my aero parts, which I left on for the after-race photoshoot partayyy. If that's the case, concentrate really, really hard on a different part of the photo and pretend the aero parts aren't on there... :scared: :) Click on the photos for sure, because they look better big. Thanks for visiting, and I hope you like the pics. :dopey:

______________________________​

I like it :)

Thank you as always Shao!

Nice work with the HDR, the new banner also looks great 👍

Thanks DarkR!

Last edited:
Oh god.
Great HDR work at the Hangar, Also quite like the framing on the 2nd shot, it's wierd, but awesome.

Back