Prism

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 250 comments
I read in a local news site that some Republican was suggesting that USA boycott next year's Winter Olympics because of Snowden... :rolleyes:

Another reason for Lindsey Graham to be worried is that the Russians may arrest gay athletes or others who sport gay flags or messages.

Another reason for Lindsey Graham to be worried is that the Russians may arrest gay athletes or others who sport gay flags or messages.

I sincerely doubt Lindsey Graham would give a damn about them.

To monitor all the electronic activities of all the local civilians so as to get to 100% security against cyber-terrorism and crimes conducted via electronic devices?

They even confuse the point beyond where the individual's privacy must not be encroached? Damn we ought to bar the government from making an a** of themselves being overly rabid doing that I think. :(

To monitor all the electronic activities of all the local civilians so as to get to 100% security against cyber-terrorism and crimes conducted via electronic devices?

They even confuse the point beyond where the individual's privacy must not be encroached? Damn we ought to bar the government from making an a** of themselves being overly rabid doing that I think. :(

Our governments are falling for what terrorism is, let no one feel safe.

This won't happen. You guys take this "Russian gay propaganda law" too seriously. If a foreign man "propagands homosexualism" (as they call it), he'll be fined 4000-5000 roubles ($130-160), if he uses mass media (including the Internet) for it, the fine can be up to 1 million roubles (~$33,000). The law also provides optional 15-day administrative arrest or deportation off the country for foreigners, but I think they're not so stupid to arrest of deport Olympic guests.

By the way, as you all know, Snowden has recieved temporary asylum in RF two days ago.
Pavel Durov, the founder of VK (Russia's biggest social network), has submited this post on his page (I'm translating this for you):
Today, Edward Snowden - a man who denounced crimes of the American intelligence services against people around the world - has received temporary asylum in Russia. At such moments, you feel proud of our country and sad about the policy of the USA - a country betraying the principles which it was based on.

We invite Edward to St. Petersburg and will be happy if he decides to join the great team of VK programmers. Finally, there is no more popular European Internet company than VK. I think Edward might be interesting to do the protection of personal data of millions of our users.

:lol::lol::lol:

NSA info has been being used in the exact way they recently claimed to congress they were not, we all knew this already but I'm surprised no one has brought the story up. Oh, and they cover it up of course lol

SOD

A secretive U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration unit is funneling information from intelligence intercepts, wiretaps, informants and a massive database of telephone records to authorities across the nation to help them launch criminal investigations of Americans.

You guys take this "Russian gay propaganda law" too seriously. If a foreign man "propagands homosexualism" (as they call it), he'll be fined 4000-5000 roubles ($130-160), if he uses mass media (including the Internet) for it, the fine can be up to 1 million roubles (~$33,000). The law also provides optional 15-day administrative arrest or deportation off the country for foreigners *****

IMO, Russia's new anti-gay law is just stupid.👎

Rage Racer
By the way, as you all know, Snowden has received temporary asylum in RF two days ago.****

What would Russia do if it turns out that Snowden is gay?

Respectfully,
GTsail

IMO, Russia's new anti-gay law is just stupid.👎
I know. The government has much more important things to do than struggling against the gay activists.
But remember, this is the anti-gay-propaganda law, not anti-gay.
:lol:
Nothing, as long as he doesn't try "propaganding homosexuality".
But I think Eddie won't risk doing so in his situation. :)

defective gay
You mean they were straight??

:P

Nothing, as long as he doesn't try "propaganding homosexuality".
But I think Eddie won't risk doing so in his situation. :)

Now that everybody's internet history is officially on record, it would be a relatively straightforward task for the US authorities to find out if Mr. Snowden was really posing as a lesbian blogger, or to fabricate evidence to make it look like he was
lookaround.gif

Last edited:
Now that everybody's internet history is officially on record, it would be a relatively straightforward task for the US authorities to find out if Mr. Snowden was really posing as a lesbian blogger, or to fabricate evidence to make it look like he was
lookaround.gif

But then they'd be admitting that Snowden is telling the truth. Catch 22. They can get all they need to destroy Snowden, but using it would guarantee they get defunded.

Just use playfair cyphers.

They cant/or are very hard to be cracked unless you know the keyword.

^Yeah heard that in the news today.

Unbelievable! The 255 millions (or is it even billions) that it cost could help in so many others way than spying on your people. People who elected you, People who pay your salary.

And this is probably still only the tip of the iceberg.

I fell ashamed of the human race. We did learn nothing of our past

Actually, it's marginally stupider than that.

By inserting weaknesses into encryption they ensure the encryption can be broken. Not just by them - but by the very terrorists, pirates, hackers and spammers they're "protecting us from" (the ones that aren't the NSA, of course).

I dont understand how any of this is legal. It seems like it is literally a giant hacking center using the tax payers money to build. The same as the "terrorist" do which the government is telling us is bad.

“I would strongly recommend against anyone trusting their private data to a company with physical ties to the United States.”

^^^This is literally the bottom line of the article.

If everyone took this advice seriously, who in the world would want to do business with any US company?? Obviously, this particular NY Times story cannot be taken seriously.:rolleyes:

If folks think the US government is bad with privacy at home - where they are forbidden by law from illegally searching citizens - imagine how bad they are with foreign privacy...

The only reason this part even got exposed is because US citizens were involved.

I dont understand how any of this is legal. It seems like it is literally a giant hacking center using the tax payers money to build. The same as the "terrorist" do which the government is telling us is bad.

What does legality have to do with it? This is the US Government we're talking about here. Increasingly they don't worry about niceties such as legality or constitutionality.

NSA director admits numbers given for foiled plots were false.

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/02/nsa_director_admits_to_misleading_public_on_terror_plots/

In so many words, NSA director Keith Alexander admitted Wednesday that the Obama administration had issued misleading information about terror plots and their foiling to bolster support for the government’s vast surveillance apparatus.

During Wednesday’s hearing, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy pushed Alexander to admit that plot numbers had been fudged in a revealing interchange:

“There is no evidence that [bulk] phone records collection helped to thwart dozens or even several terrorist plots,” said Leahy. The Vermont Democrat then asked the NSA chief to admit that only 13 out of a previously cited 54 cases of foiled plots were genuinely the fruits of the government’s vast dragnet surveillance systems:

“These weren’t all plots, and they weren’t all foiled,” Leahy said, asking Alexander, “Would you agree with that, yes or no?”
“Yes,” replied Alexander.

Proof positive of what many of us have long posited: that under the flimsy guise of a targeted War on Terror, the surveillance state has established itself with little regard for an honest relationship with the American public.

I suspect that Americans are the enemies of Barack Hussein Obama, and we have been since his childhood. If you don't believe me, watch the fantastic documentary '2016'. Has lots of information about Obama from a perspective of a foreign immigrant, and presented apolitically.

Back