Prism

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 250 comments
Under the title of Influence and Information Operations are seen 3 UFO photos on pages 35, 36 and 37, previously considered by some to be among the best "unexplained" shots ever taken. (I, however, had previously recognized two of them as fakes.)

Now, thanks to Edward Snowden, we know they are all fraudulent, and part of a long-term covert government intelligence operation to shape and guide the belief system of our civilization. This had been suspected, but is now confirmed.

Where was that confirmed.... or do you simply think the existence of them in that PP makes them government-seeded? It's possible that they are government seeded but without the text of the presentation there could be a number of reasons or origins for their presence there, I think.

May I introduce James L. Thomas? The man is from Tallahassee, Florida, where he was arrested on suspicion of stealing a cell phone. Normally, this wouldn't matter as cell phones are stolen every day, but what makes this case so special was how he was put under suspicion.

Police in this case used what is known as a stingray. A stingray, for the technologically unadapted, is a device that allows an automobile to triangulate a cell phone's location by using specialized software to mimic a cell phone tower, sort of like a co-traveler. Here is how the Stingray works:

stingray-tracker_02.jpg

Now normally, I don't have a problem with police adapting with the times, however in this case, and in every similar case that the Tallahassee Police Department has been involved with since 2010 (an astonishing 200 cases), they have made every effort to not only refuse to seek a warrant to use the stingray, but to conceal from judges that they used the stingray.

Mr. Thomas' case is now on appeal.

May I introduce James L. Thomas? The man is from Tallahassee, Florida, where he was arrested on suspicion of stealing a cell phone. Normally, this wouldn't matter as cell phones are stolen every day, but what makes this case so special was how he was put under suspicion.

Police in this case used what is known as a stingray. A stingray, for the technologically unadapted, is a device that allows an automobile to triangulate a cell phone's location by using specialized software to mimic a cell phone tower, sort of like a co-traveler. Here is how the Stingray works:

View attachment 124586

Now normally, I don't have a problem with police adapting with the times, however in this case, and in every similar case that the Tallahassee Police Department has been involved with since 2010 (an astonishing 200 cases), they have made every effort to not only refuse to seek a warrant to use the stingray, but to conceal from judges that they used the stingray.

Mr. Thomas' case is now on appeal.
So, what originally caused police to believe he stole a cell phone?[besides allegedly using a stingray--IMSI catcher. What is a IMSI catcher? Is it real? Read this source:http://www.christopher-parsons.com/Main/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/rigmaiden-amici-final.pdf] I'm curious to know how they knew to look in his general area in the first place. I think it's important to garnish all the information possible from situations regarding Fourth Amendment violations. @Sanji Himura I agree with your point, but on top of that valid point, wish to know more than, "the Police broke the law, end of story." Was this man not convicted of sexual battery and theft? Here is a link to the court case: http://opinions.1dca.org/written/opinions2013/11-20-2013/11-6156.pdf

Last edited:
My source doesn't say, however, that was besides the point. The point was the police was using it since 2010 without a warrant, and actively hid that fact from judges!

My source doesn't say, however, that was besides the point. The point was the police was using it since 2010 without a warrant, and actively hid that fact from judges!

The case source from @Boone includes testimony from the manufacturer; read what they say about their advice when establishing Probable Cause.

The testimony doesn't seem to say what the alternate PC was but it says that one was established. Regardless, the equipment was legal to use in this case as the police had already been notified of the phone's theft and had a duty to recover it.

The complainant was also alleging that sexual battery had taken place. The police would, I'm sure, be justified in using this means to establish the location of the mobile phone if they are able.

This case wasn't appealed on that basis; the police's argument of Probable Cause was accepted by the court, but they made no reasonable effort to secure a 4th Amendment warrant before making entry. Consent to enter wasn't given rendering all further consent "less than voluntary".

The nature of the tracking equipment itself is very interesting but it doesn't factor in the judgement of this case, only the bet-hedging of the appeal itself.

The NSA and a Snowden became a debate at CPAC. Bruce Fein is pretty awesome here.

Greenwald to reveal the US citizens who were targeted by PRISM later this week. Some background from Real Clear Politics:

Greenwald, who is promoting his book No Place To Hide and is trailed by a documentary crew wherever he goes, was speaking in a boutique hotel near Harvard, where he was to appear with Noam Chomsky, the octogenarian leftist academic.

“One of the big questions when it comes to domestic spying is, ‘Who have been the NSA’s specific targets?’," he said.
“Are they political critics and dissidents and activists? Are they genuinely people we’d regard as terrorists?

What are the metrics and calculations that go into choosing those targets and what is done with the surveillance that is conducted? Those are the kinds of questions that I want to still answer.”

Greenwald said the names would be published via The Intercept, a website funded by Pierre Omidyar, the billionaire founder and chairman of eBay. Greenwald left The Guardian, which published most of the Snowden revelations, last autumn to work for Omidyar.

“As with a fireworks show, you want to save your best for last,” Greenwald told GQ magazine. “The last one is the one where the sky is all covered in spectacular multicoloured hues.”

Fox's Shepard Smith and Judge Andrew Napolitano discussed the news on Shep's program:

Shepard Smith Reporting
Smith said it’s astounding that the government has been able to collect this private information, saying, “it doesn’t look very American.”

“It’s not American at all,” Napolitano responded.

“The Constitution is only as good a restraint on the government as those in whose hands the Constitution is given for enforcement and for honoring and for respecting,” Napolitano said. “It is not in good hands when the people in whose hands it has been placed can rampantly trample and violate as the NSA has been doing.”

NSA Sharing information from the PRISM dragnet?

The Blaze is reporting that the NSA scandal may have taken a dangerous turn. That turn being that the NSA is now accused of sharing the information from the PRISM dragnet to at least one foreign government, the UK.

How?

According to the UK based human rights group Liberty, British intelligence agencies can sift through all foreign intelligence material without meaningful restrictions and can keep such material, which includes both communications content and metadata, for up to two years.

Britain's Government Communications Headquarters, or GCHQ, was forced through legal proceedings to reveal its surveillance practices in the wake of the Edward Snowden bombshell. Details of the disclosures revealed that British intelligence don't have to get a warrant from the secretary of state before accessing bulk data collected from US cables or through US corporate partnerships.

"This position seems to conflict with reassurances by the British Intelligence Services Committee in July 2013 that whenever GCHQ seeks information from the US, a warrant is in place," the report states.

These "arrangements", as the British government calls them, highlight the "minimum safeguards and weak restrictions" on raw intelligence sharing with foreign governments, including between the UK and the United States, Liberty reported, acknowledging a "clear risk" that agencies can sidestep legal restrictions in Britain to acquire large quantities of foreign data simply because it would "not be technically feasible" to obtain a warrant.

Regarding this recent revelation, the NSA stopped short of denying such practices in a statement.

According to Snowden every iPhone has secret spyware installed.

I find it a bit hard to believe, given the amount of people who literally turn the phones inside out trying to improve them.

Well, IIRC wasn't it revealed that all routers (at least in the US) were fitted with a "backdoor" so that the NSA could spy on you? If my memory isn't playing tricks on me (as usual :/), maybe his claim isn't so outlandish.

There truly is nowhere to hide. The only way to hide is to be average and not make waves. If you don't give them a reason to look, even all of the information they are collecting will be overlooked. ;)

Latest Posts

Back