Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,959 comments

Because the 6-hour is a BMW benefit meeting, I would be a fan of the GT4 Class becoming the premier/outright contenders.

That BMW looks mega, by the way.

Last edited:
Because the 6-hour is a BMW benefit meeting, I would be a fan of the GT4 Class becoming the premier/outright contenders.

That BMW looks mega, by the way.
As a BMW (and Porsche) fan I don't necessarily mind the 6h being dominated by the Bavarian make but beyond that the main pull of the 6h is that it's not for the standard GT* categories but something unique. Of course, this is coming from someone who regularly has various British club racing series running on his screen on weekends :)

Don't get me wrong, I think very highly of GT4, I'm planning to attend the Mid-Ohio IMSA MPC weekend next year (hotel booked, waiting for tickets to be on sale) but I do enjoy the "non-standard" categories very much. This is why I'm a N24 and VLN/NLS fan since the early nineties and loved to watch the BPR series back in the day, as well (McLaren, Porsche, Ferrari, Venturi etc.), I love the variety.

EDIT: hopefully this Camaro will stir up the 6h a little bit, it looks amazing.

Last edited:
As a BMW (and Porsche) fan I don't necessarily mind the 6h being dominated by the Bavarian make but beyond that the main pull of the 6h is that it's not for the standard GT* categories but something unique. Of course, this is coming from someone who regularly has various British club racing series running on his screen on weekends :)

Don't get me wrong, I think very highly of GT4, I'm planning to attend the Mid-Ohio IMSA MPC weekend next year (hotel booked, waiting for tickets to be on sale) but I do enjoy the "non-standard" categories very much. This is why I'm a N24 and VLN/NLS fan since the early nineties and loved to watch the BPR series back in the day, as well (McLaren, Porsche, Ferrari, Venturi etc.), I love the variety.

EDIT: hopefully this Camaro will stir up the 6h a little bit, it looks amazing.
The problem with the Camaro is, it has already been put into the A2 Class.

That means it will be pegged to the performance of the Mustang that's already in the Class.

By definition, the A2 Class isn't outright like the X Class BMW's & need the cards to fall their way to have a chance of winning outright.

The cheapest, smart option for everyone, would be to bring the Bavarians back to A2 Class levels of performance & open it up to more potential winners.

Although I'm not sure if they still hold the rights to the category, the Sherrin's have invested heavily in two outright BMW M4s & probably aren't that interested in changing to benefit other makes.

GT4 Australia needs to jump off next year. The grid looks good for this weekend Bathurst International. Another ten cars(eleven this weekend) and I’m sure it’ll be a go to category here.

Dang. Hard crash at the mountain. New F82 GT4 up the inside, passing an Evo X, at the grate. Wasn’t going to work. Evo X totalled into the wall.

Dang. Hard crash at the mountain. New F82 GT4 up the inside, passing an Evo X, at the grate. Wasn’t going to work. Evo X totalled into the wall.
First of all, i havent seen any footage of the incident.

I know Tim Leahy was entered in the F82.
Do you know if he was driving at the time?
If he was, he should know better.

Two cars wide from the top of the hill, down to the grate is never going to end well, cause the outside car will end up in the marbles & then the wall.
If the car on the outside keeps turning left past the grate, it'll be both cars in the wall.

As far as I know, there weren't any sheep stations up for grabs this race, so a bit of common sense, experience & some race smarts were sadly missed on this occasion.

First of all, i havent seen any footage of the incident.

I know Tim Leahy was entered in the F82.
Do you know if he was driving at the time?
If he was, he should know better.

Two cars wide from the top of the hill, down to the grate is never going to end well, cause the outside car will end up in the marbles & then the wall.
If the car on the outside keeps turning left past the grate, it'll be both cars in the wall.

As far as I know, there weren't any sheep stations up for grabs this race, so a bit of common sense, experience & some race smarts were sadly missed on this occasion.
Sorry for the late reply. Yeah, it was late in the race. He had P2 a couple car lengths behind. It looked like there was space, but as you know, can’t really back off with the closing speed.

Sorry for the late reply. Yeah, it was late in the race. He had P2 a couple car lengths behind. It looked like there was space, but as you know, can’t really back off with the closing speed.
All good 👍

Those with experience know the passes in that section, are done between the grate and McPhillamy, giving the car outside the chance to brake & let the other car go.

Hopefully, the Stewards will remind the M4 driver. The EVO driver has no car left by the way you described it.

1699760160535.jpeg

Monochrome GT4 Australia calendar and formats

Non-seriesSandownFeb 9-113hr Enduro
Round 1Phillip IslandApr 12-142 x 60 mins Sprints
Round 2The BendMay 31-Jun 22 x 60 mins Sprints
Round 3Queensland RacewayAug 2-44hr Enduro
Round 4TBCAug 30-Sep 14hr Enduro
Round 5Sydney Motorsport ParkOct 18-202 x 60 mins Sprints
Round 6BathurstNov 8-102 x 60 mins Sprints
  • Sprint rounds to have 2 practice session & 2 qualifying sessions
  • Sprint rounds to have mandatory pit stop
  • Enduro rounds to have 2 practice sessions & 1 qualifying session
  • QR to be a sunset into night enduro with stream for the entire race

This would have to be on YouTube. Has to be GTWorld.

Of course I’ve been watching the Monochrome GT4 Series driver announcements. John Bowe mentioning 20 cars will debut next year, can’t wait to see them racing without the Production series.

I'm really hoping we end up with a lot more variety in GT4, than has eventuated in the GT3.

In GT3, it seems as if the default choice is either AMG or Audi, which is becoming a bore when one looks at the Smorgasbord of choices available.

It’s looking like more variety. The 570S and Mosterts Arturas(yet to be officially announced), the 718s(waiting for the driver announcements), BMWs, I think there are R8s from when they ran with the R8 GT3s, at Adelaide, a few years ago. A good amount of Ginettas. Plus, Bowe mentioning Toyota(s).

I do remember the Bilstein Vantage, that ran at the opening of The Bend. Though, that car may have been sold. Theres the old KTM that ran at Bathurst. Probably just need an Alpine. :)

We should see some good variety.

It’s looking like more variety. The 570S and Mosterts Arturas(yet to be officially announced), the 718s(waiting for the driver announcements), BMWs, I think there are R8s from when they ran with the R8 GT3s, at Adelaide, a few years ago. A good amount of Ginettas. Plus, Bowe mentioning Toyota(s).

I do remember the Bilstein Vantage, that ran at the opening of The Bend. Though, that car may have been sold. Theres the old KTM that ran at Bathurst. Probably just need an Alpine. :)

We should see some good variety.
Still no mention of the infamous Mustang that came to the country, only to hibernate in storage & never turn a lap in anger.

Totally amazed by that.

If all you mentioned above comes to fruition, we should end up with some great racing.

Fingers 🤞

Still no mention of the infamous Mustang that came to the country, only to hibernate in storage & never turn a lap in anger.

Totally amazed by that.

If all you mentioned above comes to fruition, we should end up with some great racing.

Fingers 🤞
That's the one that always drove me batty. Seriously hope someone will run the new car.

The grid is looking like good quality. The proper gentlemen drivers the category is made for. Owners want to come out and play.

I think Tony and Ryder Quinn will be back. That's two more if they return.

That's the one that always drove me batty. Seriously hope someone will run the new car.

The grid is looking like good quality. The proper gentlemen drivers the category is made for. Owners want to come out and play.

I think Tony and Ryder Quinn will be back. That's two more if they return.
Ryder is Tony's grandson.

Not sure if he is the son of Klark or Kent.

Yep, you read that right.

In GT3, it seems as if the default choice is either AMG or Audi, which is becoming a bore when one looks at the Smorgasbord of choices available.
I wonder if this is due to Mercedes and Audi having operations run locally via Triple 8 and MPC, respectively. Either way, I completely agree. Hopefully the field gets stronger under full SRO ownership.

I wonder if this is due to Mercedes and Audi having operations run locally via Triple 8 and MPC, respectively. Either way, I completely agree. Hopefully the field gets stronger under full SRO ownership.
An excellent point, Cap'n 👏

Having the Customer Operations where an organisation like MPC can offer the owner an 'Arrive & Drive' option, would have a large bearing on what we see racing. No doubt at all.

Some Owner/Drivers are just too busy to worry about dealing with the minutiae of owning a race car. Transportation, servicing, set up,....

Troy Russell, owner of MPC, also does a lot more than maintaining GT3 Audis.
He has enough going on to be able to employ full-time staff. It's also a great way to attract the experienced good guys.

One could be a filthy rich Ferrari fan or Porscheophile, dead keen on racing.
When you look at EVERYTHING involved in attracting the people to setup, run and maintain your toy, then add up the costs, MPC & T8 start looking cheap in relative terms.

Back