Project CARS 3 Video Thread

Apologies my videos are a bit pale as I used Xbkx DVR on my HDR tele and it washed out. Hopefully you all still find them useful/enjoyable.

Audi V8 - Jerez

Ligier P2 - Portimao

Mercedes TCR - Knockhill

Formula X - Mugello

Well after a few hours of game time, I'ts definitely not a simulator but once you get over that, it's really fun and enjoyable to drive both on a controller and a wheel.

Despite the hate this game is getting, I'm having a blast with it, the handling is extremely fun and satisfying. Here's me driving the Mclaren P1 flat out at Portimao. The P1 sounds pretty decent too, I like it.

And here's what drifting looks like in Project Cars 3. It's actually not bad at all, feels satisfying.

Last edited:
So is PC3 really an Arcade Title?

A very good video :-) I do actually agree with a lot of what you said except I cannot relate to comments about Grid as I have never played it.

What I have picked up on from your comments is that we need to do is define the term "Arcade Game". It means different things to different people and as such is generating uneccassary (heated???) discussion.

So I will give it a go.

Arcade Game: Is a game that resembles real life BUT has unrealistic physics and artificially assists the player in progression through the game, especially if using an artificial input device e.g hand controller instead of steering wheel.

In my opinion PCARS 3 has all of this and more. Everything from lack of performance impacting damage, to cars ability to sail over monumental curbs witout batting an eye, to bouncing off barriers, slide recovery, ability to drive across various surfaces off track, legendary performance in the wet and ice etc. And we havent even talked about turning on aids yet ;-)

Don't get me wrong, I do actually like the game and find it the most enjoyable of the 3 titles. It is a reall hoot to drive BECAUSE of the fact it is so easy and makes you out to be an absolute legend ;-)

So my opinion is it IS an arcade game and a quite enjoyable one.

BTW the easiest way to test what I have said is to go online and compete in the quick races and just watch how other cars perform, especially if you are using a wheel.

Decided to test out PS5's 4k recording mode today.
It turned out ok, but the source video was even better than how it looks on YouTube.

Using helmet cam Look to Apex for multiplayer and look left and right buttons mapped to my TGT wheel. When I first started using it, it was disorienting because it was setup with a higher FOV value. I turned down the FOV and it seems to work better. So I went online this weekend and we got 9 players in the room for a nice 4 lap race using the Helmet Cam with Look to Apex.

FOV is set to 82
CAMERA SHAKE is set to OFF
Look to Apex : MEDIUM

This feels like VR without the VR and helps with the immersion. I'm still messing around with the settings. Does anyone play with Look to Apex, what is your setting?

Once I get up to P3 in the race I turned off the HUD to help the immersion more.
Lap 4/4 I turned it back on as we got closer and I wanted to know the gap between us.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back