Proud owner of GT4 Japanese Version! *UPDATED* PIT CREWS, NOS, USED CAR, BACKFIRE

• Thread starter Rue
  • 4,151 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greyout
all it takes to produce a back fire on most production cars is removal of the stock muffler and cat.
Your completely right. Even if you just remove the stock muffler you will have backfire. You dont even need to remove the cat. Even a perfectly tuned car. Or just add a better flowing aftermarket muffler. AKA in the game as "racing muffler"

****ing hell i've actually got GT4 now.

Stupid work, hurry up and finish so I can go home and play GT4.

It came in what seems like a double disc case and some funny little photomode picture framed. Of an EVO4 WRC

CAMAROBOY69
Your completely right. Even if you just remove the stock muffler you will have backfire. You dont even need to remove the cat. Even a perfectly tuned car. Or just add a better flowing aftermarket muffler. AKA in the game as "racing muffler"
So is there backfire with the stock mufflers or do u have to put another muffler on like the race muffler.

Race Idiot
****ing hell i've actually got GT4 now.

Stupid work, hurry up and finish so I can go home and play GT4.

It came in what seems like a double disc case and some funny little photomode picture framed. Of an EVO4 WRC

Great! More people gots GT4 :cheers:

mufflers have got nothing at all whatsoever to do with stopping any flames popping out the back. Its the catalytic converter that stops any excess fuel running out the back. Take it off and the fuel can run out and ignite on a hot tailpipe.

If anyone is ever going to be bothered by the flames then they will obviously be playing from the amateur viewpoint.

:rolleyes: or you can just stick a spark plug on the end of the tail pipe... uh... :cough: this is a courtesy warning that you probably won't listen to but it IS illegal to stick one on your muffler. :dopey::cough:

I find this to be quite funny. Lots of people complained,whined, and moaned that the GT series didnt have backfire. PD does that and they still complain, whine and moan about backfires :)
Meh so what if stock cars backfire, how many people do you see driving their stock car around on the streets near its red line, and run on a high octane? Afterall what kind of fuel do you use in racing?? Hopefully not pump gas :lol:

Vette_Drift
yeah I know how you feel...
but then I came across the ZR1 Vette
NOW THATS THE ONE VETTE I WISHED IT CAME IN GT4
AND IT DID!! :)

but if the C6 is not here...then lets hope it comes out in the US version...ALONG with the new ZO6!! 👍

The new Z06??? As far as I know GT4 will have the 2001 Z06 that GT3 had. LS-6 race car boat engine baby! hehehe. Ok, so let's talk VETTE history for a sec...

ZR-1 (1990-1995) with *THE* baddest engine of that time (and probably still) the LT5 muther f'er.

Then in '97 came the C5 (5th Gen) with an LS-1 engine which according to that site is a techno marvel. Of course then you have the C5-R *Le Mans killers*

2001 rolls around and we have the Z06 with the big ole LS-6 engine (which powers boats for crying out loud) which is an improved LS-1 engine.

Which now brings us to 2005 and the 6th gen C6 cars with the new 6.0L LS-2 engines in them. :: pause to wipe drool ::

I forgot my question. Oh yeah ... is there a part of Z06 history I'm missing?
[10 minutes pass]

OH *****!!! A 2006 Z06 in the works based off a 7.0L LS-7 engine
http://www.corvettec5.com/store/?page=shop/1112 <--- OMFG. :crazy:

TheMocoMan
The new Z06??? As far as I know GT4 will have the 2001 Z06 that GT3 had. LS-6 race car boat engine baby! hehehe. Ok, so let's talk VETTE history for a sec...

ZR-1 (1990-1995) with *THE* baddest engine of that time (and probably still) the LT5 muther f'er.

Then in '97 came the C5 (5th Gen) with an LS-1 engine which according to that site is a techno marvel. Of course then you have the C5-R *Le Mans killers*

2001 rolls around and we have the Z06 with the big ole LS-6 engine (which powers boats for crying out loud) which is an improved LS-1 engine.

Which now brings us to 2005 and the 6th gen C6 cars with the new 6.0L LS-2 engines in them. :: pause to wipe drool ::

I forgot my question. Oh yeah ... is there a part of Z06 history I'm missing?
[10 minutes pass]

OH *****!!! A 2006 Z06 in the works based off a 7.0L LS-7 engine
http://www.corvettec5.com/store/?page=shop/1112 <--- OMFG. :crazy:

that thing is going to be a TERROR! :crazy:

I want to see a shootout between it and the next GT-R, whenever it comes out.

3rdgenracerX
I find this to be quite funny. Lots of people complained,whined, and moaned that the GT series didnt have backfire. PD does that and they still complain, whine and moan about backfires :)
Meh so what if stock cars backfire, how many people do you see driving their stock car around on the streets near its red line, and run on a high octane? Afterall what kind of fuel do you use in racing?? Hopefully not pump gas :lol:

Very true.. hehe. I think the same thing will happen once they introduce damage into the game sometime in the future.

You're also very right about the performance of production vehicles.. I don't know a single person who redlines the car at full throttle on their way to the grocery store, 0-60 in six seconds... And I'm pretty sure none of the gas stations around here sell racing fuel. I'd be willing to bet that if you drove a car normally in GT4, the way we all drive our cars around town (i.e. about 1/4 throttle, and an automatic transmission that shifts at around 3500rpm or less), and you'd never see a lick of backfire.

I will really like to see a Seat Leon CUpra in the game, it will be a shame just to have the Ibiza Cupra and not his big brother the Leon Cupra =(

That is completely untrue mate. When getting a larger diameter exhaust, very often, this changes the tune of the car (makes it lightly richer fuel mixter sometimes and sometimes leaner, depending on the car). For cars like the Nissan 200SX and Skyline, they become richer, hence the poping that you might experience. However, this is no way enough to shoot any sorta flames (maybe a slight change with bov installed and cat removed). You need to replace the front pipe (straight after the turbo) and possibly even a turbo ungrade to get anywhere near flames. Also, the larger diameter exhaust encourages more exhaust out of the engine so you may find light traces of fual mixture in the exhaust for maybe a few pops every now and then.

All it means for normally modded cars is that its not tuned properlly as a result of the mods. For hard core racing cars, its a result of fuel mixtures in the exhaust during the 'overlap' period of the exhaust cam and the intake cam where both the inlet and exhaust valves are open at the same time causing some fuel mixter to go straight into the exhaust (only happens at lower revs ie changing gears etc) for short period of time.

I can vouch for this too. I have a pulsar GTiR with a 3inch cat back exhaust and I dont even get the poping noices (its slightly retuned though). And my brother has a AE92 Supercharged Levin with a 3inch cat back and he doesnt get any poping either.

Ok, I'm gonna start building my bridge now to get over it but I havent even got the game so Its gonna come back big time when I get it.

my subaru legacy, which stock dump pipe but 2 and half inch exhuast from dump back produces good flames and incredible poping noise. the worse noise comes when the fuel explodes in the middle of the pipe, i thought i had broken my gearbox. i have a possum link computer a vf37 ihi rollerbearing turbo twisted to allow a direct in take. i am currently running 18psi which basically means my injectors are maxed. i let my mate take it for a drive and i followed in another car and i saw a huge flame followed by the sound of a gunshot. bassically to sum up the only real mod needed is the removal of the cat.

Subaru's are notoriously rich (fuel mixture) from standard. Something like high11:1 (Aus spec) air fuel mixture which is very rich. All you need is a frontpine and exhaust to get some poping but you'd have a hard time getting flames.

subie power, how do you say all you need to do is remove the cat when obviously you've done alot more than that. PS Aftermarket computers will (in almost every case) richen the fuel mixture to compensate for the added power. Thus, the major reason why your getting flames. Spend some more time on the dyno and get it tuned to a tee and most of the poping will dissapear.

The fact of the matter is, you need (in most cases) more than a larger exhaust and no cat to get the typr of flames that you get in GT4. With a larger zorst and no cat, you'll get a bit of black smoke and some frequent poping but thats about it.

Hey all. There's a song by Feeder on the new soundtrack which hasn't been included in their new album. It's called "Shatter". Would anyone be able to rip it from GT4 if you have an import copy, or anyone/where I can get it from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back