Proud owner of GT4 Japanese Version! *UPDATED* PIT CREWS, NOS, USED CAR, BACKFIRE

• Thread starter Rue
  • 4,151 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
With maskrider's additions to the Used Car Lots, I'm up to 693 cars for the official list. It's going to get difficult now as we try and hunt down the few rarities.

granturismofan
Will free run be possible?

k2racer
The translations from Lik-Sang do not indicate a Free Run Mode.

So, to the lucky ones playing already:

Is Free Run (under arcade mode) in?

i think this is quite an important question that needs to be answered. due to the confusing nature of the menus and whatnot ive seen in screenshots it isnt exactly clear whether or not this mode is still included.

The other important question is whats the status of memory card battles, is there still a function to race split screen with 2 players garages and/or the ability to have lan battles with memory cards. or are we now limited to purely arcade cars in vs races?

if neither of these features surface it could mean a very grim future for GT4 as racing your friends in your own tuned car would be impossible as would the ability to just record your own best lap times. in GT3 i heavily used both of these modes and i cant see GT4 lasting very long without them.

so if anyone has access to the game please can you post to clarify the status of these modes?

thanks in advance

@ the359: Between here and page 131 someone confirmed the presence of the Nissan Pulsar GTI-R '91 ;)

@ everyone: Someone seen these cars come by in the game yet ?

- Toyota MR2 SW20 GTS 1996
- Toyota MR2 SW20 G-Limited 1996
- Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg R 1992

The Mitsubishi Mirage was in GT2 so i'm sure they would revive it. It was a popular used car to use for the first few simple races. It may or may not be in, but I think in.

Hebruins
@ the359: Between here and page 131 someone confirmed the presence of the Nissan Pulsar GTI-R '91 ;)

No, someone begged for proof of the presence of the Pulsar GTi-R.

I noticed in one of maskrider's gtmode races, well about to race, it says A-Spec Start and B-Spec start. What is the difference? One has a steering wheel image(aspec) and the other has what looks to be a headset radio(bspec).

I noticed in one of maskrider's gtmode races, well about to race, it says A-Spec Start and B-Spec start. What is the difference? One has a steering wheel image(aspec) and the other has what looks to be a headset radio(bspec).
I'll hazard a guess and say that one starts the race in A-Spec and one in B-Spec. I might be onto something here ...

... Actually, in all seriousness, I thought B-Spec was a separate mode from Simulation, so Blackbird's (sorry can't do the B properly) question really has gotten my attention ...

I prefer being called Blackbird. I only picked the weird "B" because Blackbird was already taken. Anyhow anyone free to answer my question.:) Since it's finally got some attention.

a spec and b spec are in the same menu, u have a choice whether u wanna watch or race, i did the same race in a spec and then b spec, my a spec lap times were about 4 seconds faster each time. anything else? i havent played the actual game yet, im still focused on getting all golds. i have 17 left to finish, already golded b, a, i-b, and all but one of i-a, next is S, then ill start the game :D

u get a lot of points, and its very easy money if u have a car that u know will beat the feild, all u do is start B spec, wait 5 minutes, and collect your money.

EDIT: especially useful for an endurance race during dinner time.

just a couple of questions please ,as I coudn't read the last couple of pages I would like to know :
1.Is there any info on fuel ,and how it works?
2.is the BMW 850 in the game or any o fthe gt2 cars ?
3.How can you blow your engine what happanes ?and do you pay o repair it?does it blow in the middile of a race ?

thanx

NavyAD
u get a lot of points, and its very easy money if u have a car that u know will beat the feild, all u do is start B spec, wait 5 minutes, and collect your money.

EDIT: especially useful for an endurance race during dinner time.

Whoa. So you let a computer race your car for you? I'm really confused. Please elaborate.

the less you hammer your accelerator, the less u over rev, the more fuel u get to keep.
bmw, i dunno, ill find out tonight. im not at home,
dunno about blown engine, hasnt happened to me yet. all ive been doing is licenses anyway. trying to get x-link to work :(

B spec mode is a live race, except the computer is driving for you. all u do is tell it to be more aggressive, or relax, or conserve, or push really hard, or pit in, and it drives according to what uve set, u have 5 or 6 things u can tell it to do instantly. umm..and u can switch camera views and go into a more anylitical menu, where its just a screen showing all the cars in a line with numbers above each car showing the distance between each car in meters i guess. i dont really like that cuz its boring as hell.. but if ur not gonna be there to watch it anyway, it doesnt matter lol

I love the video. It looks great. I'm going to really enjoy
the New York course. Full of chicanes and turns to really
get my blood pumping.

Cobra, could you please post links to the other videos?
I can't get to them because you have to be a member.

The Mustang sounded and looked great! I might start
my game with it.

NavyAD
a spec and b spec are in the same menu, u have a choice whether u wanna watch or race, i did the same race in a spec and then b spec, my a spec lap times were about 4 seconds faster each time. anything else? i havent played the actual game yet, im still focused on getting all golds. i have 17 left to finish, already golded b, a, i-b, and all but one of i-a, next is S, then ill start the game :D

Compared to the licenses in GT3, how difficult is it to get Gold in GT4? Easier, harder?

I remember someone posting about weather effects and I think of them not changing during racing.

Hebruins
what's up with those pickup cars :P :P

ram4as.th.jpg

First chasing an MR2 and now a Lancia Delta....

Because the Ram is an awesome truck and when I fully tune it it's going on the 'ring.:dopey:

thanks mate, did you hear the word around the campfire about endurance races? sure hope they have changing weather, or when you do the 24hrs of le mans day changes into night?

I don't think anyone has done endurance races yet? Possibly. My information might be false too so don't thrive off me. I don't have the game. I'm in the US where we get ****.

damn it's funny, first our asian friends make threats about them enjoying the gt4 experience and then all we get is us poor gents asking questions while they are playing like addicts, can't blame em though.

I have a question about garage. Can you sort cars in garage like you want, or is the list same as in GT3 (in order you bought them?). Cause it would be nice to sort them as you want. I cant imagine scrolling through 1000 cars - even 200 was too much. So can you sort them like in folders or what ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back