Proud owner of GT4 Japanese Version! *UPDATED* PIT CREWS, NOS, USED CAR, BACKFIRE

• Thread starter Rue
  • 4,151 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
GTXLR
Shirakawa, is there a your garage in arcade, or ist it like i posted before, having cars in GT Mode only makes the model available in Arcade, without tuning.
Try running your panda in arcade and see is its still turbo'd :)

No garage in Arcade mode. Also the Fiat Panda didn't appear at all under Fiat. :confused:

CobraGT: The Opel Corsa 1.4 Comfort also sounds realistic and close to what I remember. I don't know what to say for other cars, if not that many sound very good while others sound like they did in GT3 (Toyota Vitz 1.5 RS).

SHIRAKAWA Akira
No garage in Arcade mode. Also the Fiat Panda didn't appear at all under Fiat. :confused:

HMMM...Guess you have to complete all arcade mode as well to get the cars:tdown:

I forgot to mention that tire wear and fuel consumption are on for every race (even 2 laps ones) in GT mode, but it seems you can't decide you many liters of fuel are put in your tank. It's always full when starting a race.

SHIRAKAWA Akira
I forgot to mention that tire wear and fuel consumption are on for every race (even 2 laps ones) in GT mode, but it seems you can't decide you many liters of fuel are put in your tank. It's always full when starting a race.
Is the tire wear realistic, same question for the fuel consumption. How you like the visual akira? Are they close to the high-res pics that have been posted lately?

SHIRAKAWA Akira

Is the gas empty after 2 laps, and do the tyres wear out fast?

is there fuel consumption on every race ? and if yes is there a gauage for fuel or only the light same as in the demo?
Is there any new in game stuff? read that there is engine faliuer ,but nobody knows how it works and what do u have to do when it happens? and is there really tyer wear on each race even if its a 2 lap race ?
Can you buy the M3 CSL or do you have to get it as a prize?

cobragt
Is the tire wear realistic, same question for the fuel consumption. How you like the visual akira? Are they close to the high-res pics that have been posted lately?

As for tire wear, the only example I can think of (since I didn't play much) is that with the Panda (which has like 145/80 12 or 13 tires) in the beginner course the front left tire went from blue to total green in 1 laps and a half. The other ones were still blueish. This with sport tires (which every car you buy in GT mode is equipped by default).

The visuals are realistic, even though in screenshots many textures were very low res. I guess in motion and with a lower resolution it just looks better.

SHIRAKAWA Akira
-The blow off valve which sounds realistic! At least on my Panda Turbo

:lol:

Fuel in every race sounds good, but if you don't fill it like oil (& its free) it sounds a bit pointless :guilty: I assume you still get a new set of tyres everyrace too? (I'd prefer it Sega GT 2002/Online style personally).

GTXLR
Is the gas empty after 2 laps, and do the tyres wear out fast?

With my 89 ps panda fuel consumption seems nonexistant. Defaultly equipped sport tires do not wear out fast.

T5-R
:lol:

Fuel in every race sounds good, but if you don't fill it like oil (& its free) it sounds a bit pointless :guilty: I assume you still get a new set of tyres everyrace too? (I'd prefer it Sega GT 2002/Online style personally).

In every new race, the fuel tank is refilled and new tires are fitted. I haven't found any tire pressure set up screen.

SHIRAKAWA Akira
With my 89 ps panda fuel consumption seems nonexistant. Defaultly equipped sport tires do not wear out fast.

Slow burning tyres is good too hear.
Although fuel sounds pointless in anything but an enduro, if its always full.

cobragt
Thxs for the infor man :) Whenever you get the ford GT, please tell me how it sounds.

I guess it will take some time since the Ford GT isn't even available in arcade mode.
As I thought you don't seem to get points or prizes for completing vs cpu races in arcade mode. It's just for fun.

In GT4 the gear shift/braking indicator is useful for reference only. Unlike the one in GT3, it's very conservative and you'll want to brake much later or engage a different gear.

Yep thanks for the info, still fuel should be more noticable on the 'Ring in a fuel hungry car & of course enduros (assuming they've actually implemented some car based form of fuel economy) :)

I can imagine some people would prefer not to bother with fuel/rebuying tyres, but I'd like some form of car maintaince so you do actually have to look after your cars & if you don't, well you may regret it ;)

GTXLR
HMMM...Guess you have to complete all arcade mode as well to get the cars:tdown:

There is free run in A-Spec mode on the Race-Type select screen. So you can just do free runs in sim mode rather than having to go all the way to arcade.

I tried in arcade mode to drive the Ford SVT Lightning. It's very fun to driver and you sit very high in the in-cam view :) Also its V8 sounds like a V8 (bass and throaty), expecially when cruising or lifting off gas!. To me it sounds very good and realistic, but since I haven't never heard a true american low-revving V8 in real life, maybe I'm wrong :dopey: :) ! Redline starts at 5500 rpms.

2jay blew the engine of a gto. I'm surprised no one else has blew the engine of their car and reported it. Must be a one in a life time thing.

SHIRAKAWA Akira
I tried in arcade mode to drive the Ford SVT Lightning. It's very fun to driver and you sit very high in the in-cam view :) Also its V8 sounds like a V8 (bass and throaty), expecially when cruising or lifting off gas!. To me it sounds very good and realistic, but since I haven't never heard a true american low-revving V8 in real life, maybe I'm wrong :dopey: :) ! Redline starts at 5500 rpms.
Be honest here, would you say gt4 is on par or almost on par with gtr in sound?

Listen everybody! I can record car sounds from GT4 because my pc is at 60 cm from the TV I'm playing GT4 with. Any suggestion or request?

Someone needs to host these files, since mine would easily be crushed by the bandwith request.

cobragt
Be honest here, would you say gt4 is on par or almost on par with gtr in sound?

I think GTR sound better but I've tried the demo only and it's all about race cars. I need to compare them to GT4's race cars. I think GTR still sounds better though, but GT4 is very close.

I don't think GTR holds over 700+ cars sounds or limits itself to 9GB, so props to PD for what they've done.

Of course PC games always have the ability to be superior to all consoles.

To any of the owners of GT4: Is the manufacturer "SAAB" anywhere in the game? If so, what models do they have?

Im sorry if this has already been answered but I cant scroll and read through over a 100 pages, people :indiff:

SHIRAKAWA Akira
I think GTR sound better but I've tried the demo only and it's all about race cars. I need to compare them to GT4's race cars. I think GTR still sounds better though, but GT4 is very close.
very close, that's all I needed to hear. What kind of sound system do you have?

Safe Speed
To any of the owners of GT4: Is the manufacturer "SAAB" anywhere in the game? If so, what models do they have?

Im sorry if this has already been answered but I cant scroll and read through over a 100 pages, people :indiff:

No Saab so far.

eddieturner2002
There is free run in A-Spec mode on the Race-Type select screen. So you can just do free runs in sim mode rather than having to go all the way to arcade.
I am assuming that LAN mode will use the ARCADE section of the game, so any Potential online racing will require, unlocking of all arcade section, and wont involve any Garage tuned Cars 👎

Can anyone confirm this?

EDIT:
CobraGT, im begginning to think 1twojay was either dreaming he blew his engine, especilly in a driving test, or he cocked it up the test and didnt realise it, he exited without examining what happened.
And as no other reports of this nature have been heard, and idont think anyone's mentioned the tuning screen that features BUY NEW ENGINE! I dont think its a feature.

Hmm thinking about sound I don't know if you've played the Japanese GT4 demo, but has the far too quiet bumper cam engine sounds been fixed?

GTXLR
Slow burning tyres is good too hear.
Although fuel sounds pointless in anything but an enduro, if its always full.

The only reason not to start the race with a full tank would be for some sort of weight advantage (less fuel=lighter car=faster acel) but as this feature hasn't been mentioned, there wouldn't be much point in starting with less than a full tank of gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back