Proud owner of GT4 Japanese Version! *UPDATED* PIT CREWS, NOS, USED CAR, BACKFIRE

• Thread starter Rue
  • 4,151 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
SHIRAKAWA Akira
Listen everybody! I can record car sounds from GT4 because my pc is at 60 cm from the TV I'm playing GT4 with. Any suggestion or request?

Someone needs to host these files, since mine would easily be crushed by the bandwith request.

McLaren F1 sounds would be great - I have several videos of the RL McLaren.

It would be interesting for comparison...

then who tunes german cars ,is it BMW that tunes BMW cars same as before?
because it would be unrealistic if these Japanese tuners tuned the german cars

N.J.
McLaren F1 sounds would be great - I have several videos of the RL McLaren.

It would be interesting for comparison...

Sorry, McLaren isn't available yet in my game. Here are the other files:

http://www.shirakawaakira.net/gt4special/CorvetteStingray350.mp3
http://www.shirakawaakira.net/gt4special/FordSVTLightining.mp3
http://www.shirakawaakira.net/gt4special/MercCL600.mp3

I cannot guarantee they will be online for long time nor that the speed will be high. Warning! Files are 2 to 3.5 megabytes big.

EDIT
In the reference guide bundled with GT4 many courses like Autumn Ring Mini or Circuit de La Sarthe are not listed.

SHIRAKAWA Akira
I've recorded:

-Ford SVT Lightning
-Mercedes CL 600
-Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 350

All in the external camera. They will be online in minutes.
ura1.gif

cobragt
You might know about res formats and all that jazz but to be honest, you are ignorant of what the ps2 can do. Now t5, or code, dont reply to me saying "teh emotion engine has the uber power :P." Anyway, PD used software mode to gain 1080i. I know for a fact, the ps2's hardware doesn't support 1080i, I know this and your whole logic is based on that and that's cool but you must realize software mode can make wonders. We all know the ps2 doesn't support bump mapping but there are afew ps2 games with bump mapping, jak3 anyone? jak3 has to be the most technical ps2 game out there with unbeatable draw distance, on the ps2, and bump mapping with high-res visuals. Anyway, PD used software mode to get 1080i. I'm sure PD wouldnt allow gt4 to render images at 960x540p and then upscale it to 1080i :indiff: Imagine how terrible that would look 👎 👎 gt4 could be doing 1880x1080i or 1280x1080i, either way, the vertical line is 1080i.

KY has been asked in the past if the game would support 480p, the answer was always a very sound "NO". i'm not ignorant about the PS2 hardware at all, the console has 4 megabytes of framebuffer, wich means it's physicly imposible to get it to render 3d at 1080i. it's upscaling to 1080i and 480p, this helps a great deal in HDTV's with poor scalers and video will look great with that scaling (same goes for photomode, but i haven't heard from HDTV users about how photomode looks in 1080i, this is the only thing that they could actually render in high resolution.)

anyway.. why the hell i'm i even explaining this to you? if you want to belive in fairy tales that's your problem.
and who the hell told you that scaling images look terrible? have you even seen this? i play PC games at 1080i timings upscaling resolutions all the time on my HDTV with my ATi card, i can play anywhere from 640x480 to whatever resolution the game supports, evrything UPSCALED to 1080i, JUST LIKE GT4, and guess what? it looks great, since most HDTV's can't resolve more than 800 lines (CRT ones at least, digitals are generaly 1280x720, use that resolution for my Projector) i don't even have to use more than 1024x768@1080i timing to get great looking results. (on my PJ i can get native 1280x720, wich looks even better.. but i have to play with the lights off.)

someone even mentioned the type of scaling being used, (i won't bother searching this just for you).
all you have to use is common sense:
the PS2 doesn't have enough fillrate for 1080i
the PS2 doesn't have enough memory for 1080i

so, even if they were rendering at higher resolution it would still only be scaled up for the most part. mods... time to get a sticky on this, too many people are being misslead by their own assumptions (not even PD)

just compare ANY in game 1080i screen shot to a clean (no effects) photomode pitcure using even half the resolution, the photomode pitcure looks light years better, because it's actually being rendered at higher resolution.
if you want to continue this pointless debete search for the proper threads. i just tried to make you realize something, but if you want to belive in fairy tales.. well i suggest you go help Bush find those WoMD.

thanx for the files SA.

WTF! The CL600 shifts like a manual! Unlike e.g. the SL500 or 55 is GT prologue of Concept!?

Please tell me it's not the same with the E55 or Audi RS6 ??

Quattro
thanx for the files SA.

WTF! The CL600 shifts like a manual! Unlike e.g. the SL500 or 55 is GT prologue of Concept!?

Please tell me it's not the same with the E55 or Audi RS6 ??

The Ford SVT Lightning is supposed to have an automatic transmission too, but it shifts like a manual.

SaintKamus
KY has been asked in the past if the game would support 480p, the answer was always a very sound "NO". i'm not ignorant about the PS2 hardware at all, the console has 4 megabytes of framebuffer, wich means it's physicly imposible to get it to render 3d at 1080i. it's upscaling to 1080i and 480p, this helps a great deal in HDTV's with poor scalers and video will look great with that scaling (same goes for photomode, but i haven't heard from HDTV users about how photomode looks in 1080i, this is the only thing that they could actually render in high resolution.)

anyway.. why the hell i'm i even explaining this to you? if you want to belive in fairy tales that's your problem.
and who the hell told you that scaling images look terrible? have you even seen this? i play PC games at 1080i timings upscaling resolutions all the time on my HDTV with my ATi card, i can play anywhere from 640x480 to whatever resolution the game supports, evrything UPSCALED to 1080i, JUST LIKE GT4, and guess what? it looks great, since most HDTV's can't resolve more than 800 lines (CRT ones at least, digitals are generaly 1280x720, use that resolution for my Projector) i don't even have to use more than 1024x768@1080i timing to get great looking results. (on my PJ i can get native 1280x720, wich looks even better.. but i have to play with the lights off.)

someone even mentioned the type of scaling being used, (i won't bother searching this just for you).
all you have to use is common sense:
the PS2 doesn't have enough fillrate for 1080i
the PS2 doesn't have enough memory for 1080i

so, even if they were rendering at higher resolution it would still only be scaled up for the most part. mods... time to get a sticky on this, too many people are being misslead by their own assumptions (not even PD)

just compare ANY in game 1080i screen shot to a clean (no effects) photomode pitcure using even half the resolution, the photomode pitcure looks light years better, because it's actually being rendered at higher resolution.
if you want to continue this pointless debete search for the proper threads. i just tried to make you realize something, but if you want to belive in fairy tales.. well i suggest you go help Bush find those WoMD.

So what would your best guess be for gt4's res, 720x960i, or 640x1080i? Btw, I got those numbers from different people on the discussion of gt4's 1080i support.

wow that supra looks great with that wing. I wonder how it's doing that wheelie? speed 403mph maybe or could that be mad torque?

Hey, I got an idea? Since no one here actually has an HDTV capture card to prove it one way or the other, how 'bout everybody just SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT IT? Arguing isn't going to solve anything, especially with people as stubborn as you guys are being about it.

Fewer of us have HDTV's than have DFP's, so do you really think it matters to most of us?

Jedi2016
Hey, I got an idea? Since no one here actually has an HDTV capture card to prove it one way or the other, how 'bout everybody just SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT IT? Arguing isn't going to solve anything, especially with people as stubborn as you guys are being about it.

Fewer of us have HDTV's than have DFP's, so do you really think it matters to most of us?

ever heard of post skiping? no one is forcing you to read anything.

Well evilgnome said he would make some vids and pics in 1080i so whenever does I guess we'll have the right answer to all of this.

shirakawa, thank you so much! (whiping the tears of my face...)

When i hear the 2cv (in dutch it is called "lelijk eendje" I'll start to cry even harder.....

Please record and post them requests.

Downloading goes fast:400 kb/sec.

eddieturner2002
I reckon the bump in the track at the speed the Supra was going could maybe push the front up that high.

From nearly all the amateur raced ones I've seen, initial torque and the word Supra doesn't go together that well.
I can't see that bump making the supra do a wheelie. My best bet is someone has that supra souped!

cobragt
So what would your best guess be for gt4's res, 720x960i, or 640x1080i? Btw, I got those numbers from different people on the discussion of gt4's 1080i support.
640x480 interlaced :).

Btw, does the PS2 have a hardware deinterlacer/scaler and how good is it?
Or is the cpu doing the work? :)

The White Supra
I'm not too familiar with Honda engines... but was that noise around the peak redline the VTEC kicking in? If so... that's very cool... even if it is a Honda.

Yep, that's the VTEC sound!

I thought all of the car sounds were great! That truck souned like the real thing and that vette sounded great, same for the cl600. Thxs alot arika, what about some race cars? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back