Proud owner of GT4 Japanese Version! *UPDATED* PIT CREWS, NOS, USED CAR, BACKFIRE

• Thread starter Rue
  • 4,151 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
T5-R
Hmm thinking about sound I don't know if you've played the Japanese GT4 demo, but has the far too quiet bumper cam engine sounds been fixed?

Yes, this problem as been fixed!

Mediaman
The only reason not to start the race with a full tank would be for some sort of weight advantage (less fuel=lighter car=faster acel) but as this feature hasn't been mentioned, there wouldn't be much point in starting with less than a full tank of gas.

My point precisely.
No need to have fuel guage, except in an Enduro.

Mediaman
The only reason not to start the race with a full tank would be for some sort of weight advantage (less fuel=lighter car=faster acel) but as this feature hasn't been mentioned, there wouldn't be much point in starting with less than a full tank of gas.

less fuel would only be good in a drag race :)

What about the engine sound in replays. You know how the car sounds in the distance. I noticed in the Japanese demo that even though the car was far from the cam, it sounded like the engine was still in my face or something, has this been fixed?

cobragt
What about the engine sound in replays. You know how the car sounds in the distance. I noticed in the Japanese demo that even though the car was far from the cam, it sounded like the engine was still in my face or something, has this been fixed?

If you mean the doppler effect and the noise reduction over distance, in GT4 these are simulated. If otherwise you mean the change in sound tone due to the exaust noise being more noticeable from the engine noise when the car is going away,

**** forget what I said in the erased text before editing ****

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT
The change in sound tone I'm referring to is subtly simulated. I guess it will be more noticeable with an upgraded exaust. (better if racing spec)

GTXLR
EDIT:
CobraGT, im begginning to think 1twojay was either dreaming he blew his engine, especilly in a driving test, or he cocked it up the test and didnt realise it, he exited without examining what happened.
And as no other reports of this nature have been heard, and idont think anyone's mentioned the tuning screen that features BUY NEW ENGINE! I dont think its a feature.

This is what Im thinking now also:(

SHIRAKAWA Akira
Listen everybody! I can record car sounds from GT4 because my pc is at 60 cm from the TV I'm playing GT4 with. Any suggestion or request?

Someone needs to host these files, since mine would easily be crushed by the bandwith request.

You have a pm ;)

cobragt
Question, do you have to pay for gas or do you have a full tank in every race?

- Free full tank every race

theRukus
hey where do u get the blow-off valve from?

also, how do u go abouts completing arcade mode? do u just race each track and win?

- You get a blow off valve with a turbo kit
- No bonuses I have seen so far for completing arcade races. In arcade mode, just play and have fun.

In the tuner village is there any german tuner for BMW like AC Shnitzer or hamann or Hartge ,and for mercs brabus ....ect,because HKS and Mugen ...ect don't tune german cars if I'm not mistaken??

cobragt
Since when did pd release info on the res formats or are these just your assumptions?

no point in repeateing myself, hence the suggestion of a sticky thread.
use common sense, it's physicly impossible for the PS2 to do 1080i 3d in real time, much less with a game that's pushing the PS2 to it's limits as it is.

SaintKamus
no point in repeateing myself, hence the suggestion of a sticky thread.
use common sense, it's physicly impossible for the PS2 to do 1080i 3d in real time, much less with a game that's pushing the PS2 to it's limits as it is.
You might know about res formats and all that jazz but to be honest, you are ignorant of what the ps2 can do. Now t5, or code, dont reply to me saying "teh emotion engine has the uber power :P." Anyway, PD used software mode to gain 1080i. I know for a fact, the ps2's hardware doesn't support 1080i, I know this and your whole logic is based on that and that's cool but you must realize software mode can make wonders. We all know the ps2 doesn't support bump mapping but there are afew ps2 games with bump mapping, jak3 anyone? jak3 has to be the most technical ps2 game out there with unbeatable draw distance, on the ps2, and bump mapping with high-res visuals. Anyway, PD used software mode to get 1080i. I'm sure PD wouldnt allow gt4 to render images at 960x540p and then upscale it to 1080i :indiff: Imagine how terrible that would look 👎 👎 gt4 could be doing 1880x1080i or 1280x1080i, either way, the vertical line is 1080i.

cobragt
You might know about res formats and all that jazz but to be honest, you are ignorant of what the ps2 can do. Now t5, or code, dont reply to me saying "teh emotion engine has the uber power :P." Anyway, PD used software mode to gain 1080i. I know for a fact, the ps2's hardware doesn't support 1080i, I know this and your whole logic is based on that and that's cool but you must realize software mode can make wonders. We all know the ps2 doesn't support bump mapping but there are afew ps2 games with bump mapping, jak3 anyone? jak3 has to be the most technical ps2 game out there with unbeatable draw distance, on the ps2, and bump mapping with high-res visuals. Anyway, PD used software mode to get 1080i. I'm sure PD wouldnt allow gt4 to render images at 960x540p and then upscale it to 1080i :indiff: Imagine how terrible that would look 👎 👎

:lol: :lol: :lol: cobra we haven't said anything to you since you don't listen to anything & we'd be repeating ourselves again & again & again! I haven't seen any graphics that have amazed me into thinking that the PS2 is the power house you make it out to be. Maybe I should mention the wonderful 3D specators... nah I don't think I need to remind anyone how crappy they look oh & the fact in the demo atleast they repeat 50x down 1 street. "It can't be CG his foot is sinking into the ground!" ;)

T5-R
:lol: :lol: :lol: cobra we haven't said anything to you since you don't listen to anything & we'd be repeating ourselves again & again & again! I haven't seen any graphics that have amazed me into thinking that the PS2 is the power house you make it out to be. Maybe I should mention the wonderful 3D specators... nah I don't think I need to remind anyone how crappy they look oh & the fact in the demo atleast they repeat 50x down 1 street. "It can't be CG his foot is sinking into the ground!" ;)
The memories :lol: Yea I know I use to make the ps2 seem like the power house but I dont do that anymore, I know it's dated but gt4 is the result of skill, not uber power.

cobragt
The memories :lol: Yea I know I use to make the ps2 seem like the power house but I dont do that anymore, I know it's dated but gt4 is the result of skill, not uber power.

Yes thats true it is great what PD have managed to get the PS2 to do. GT5 will no doubt look amazing with the extra power & PD's skills, I just hope they don't forget the other important things.

I don't know anything about unlocking cars or tracks, I really didn't play very much. Just testing around and recording sounds (mp3 files which I'm sending to Quattro).

BMW318ciC
In the tuner village is there any german tuner for BMW like AC Shnitzer or hamann or Hartge ,and for mercs brabus ....ect,because HKS and Mugen ...ect don't tune german cars if I'm not mistaken??
so body will answer my Q:indiff:

BMW318ciC
so body will answer my Q:indiff:

As far as I know and have read, there aren't any german or other but Japanese. tuners... Can still change as the players get further in the game :)

Never say never :dopey:

SHIRAKAWA Akira
I don't know anything about unlocking cars or tracks, I really didn't play very much. Just testing around and recording sounds (mp3 files which I'm sending to Quattro).

What cars did you record? Please record the truck sound 👍

cobragt
What cars did you record? Please record the truck sound 👍

I've recorded:

-Ford SVT Lightning
-Mercedes CL 600
-Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 350

All in the external camera. They will be online in minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back