Proud owner of GT4 Japanese Version! *UPDATED* PIT CREWS, NOS, USED CAR, BACKFIRE

• Thread starter Rue
  • 4,151 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a couple of questions

here goes

does GT4 have the same slowass gearchanges like in GT3 och GT4P..for exampel the Integra type R and alot of other cars

when driving Hondas whit VTEC do you hear when VTEC kicks in ??

have they fixed the annoying traction problems whit FWD cars or do they still burn the tires to shreds from a standing still start...almost impossible to do a correct 0-60mph time and 1/4mile time...

THX/Ejan

my fc (fr) spins it's tires from a standing start.... in fact, it spins the tires in 4th :D:D if ur spinning the tires, dont use so much gas... in real life drag racing, u dont just simply put ur foot to the floor... and FF unfortunately have it the worst.. as acceleration causes the weight to move to the back of the car, lightening the front, making it harder for the drive wheels to gain traction..

if the gear changes are too slow for you, go to manual... but i dont think there's anything wrong with the gear changes

Whoo! I have GT4! Beware of my Fiat Panda Turbo :)
Quick and random facts:

-The C5 Corvette stil sounds like a washing machine. Maybe it's just supposed to sound like that.
-The Subaru 360 tops out at a staggering speed of 75 km/h :)
-The new Viper sounds VERY GOOD
-Handling even more realistic than before
-In parts settings screen if you press the start button you can see a more detalied and big power/torque chart. Very nice!
-Pressing L3 stops scrolling text. VERY VERY useful for people who can't read fast japanese like me
-The gear chart is as ugly as the one in GT3. Better than nothing though
-The blow off valve which sounds realistic! At least on my Panda Turbo

-I've payed extra expedition costs and customs taxes for a total of 26 euro :( 👎

Yea I have the same question because about orting the cars in the garage and it gets annoying to go through so many fn cars i mean theres like 6xx even if i had like 300 itd be annoying.

x08
my fc (fr) spins it's tires from a standing start.... in fact, it spins the tires in 4th :D:D if ur spinning the tires, dont use so much gas... in real life drag racing, u dont just simply put ur foot to the floor... and FF unfortunately have it the worst.. as acceleration causes the weight to move to the back of the car, lightening the front, making it harder for the drive wheels to gain traction..

if the gear changes are too slow for you, go to manual... but i dont think there's anything wrong with the gear changes

i know cars whit some power spinn alot im no noob hehe :)

but the most FWD cars i GT and GT4p does ha a serious problem whit traction from a standstill start...it doesnt matter if you do a lame start the tires will still loose all the grip at first gear.....but i GT4P it was wasen´t as bad as Gt3 but still not good

and i always use manual ,the gearchange is still SLOW ! take the S2000 for exampel going from first to second gear it takes like 2secs to get going again

Hebruins
what's up with those pickup cars :P :P

ram4as.th.jpg

First chasing an MR2 and now a Lancia Delta....

Where is the original of that picture? (fullsize)

:)

Ejan
i know cars whit some power spinn alot im no noob hehe :)

but the most FWD cars i GT and GT4p does ha a serious problem whit traction from a standstill start...it doesnt matter if you do a lame start the tires will still loose all the grip at first gear.....but i GT4P it was wasen´t as bad as Gt3 but still not good

and i always use manual ,the gearchange is still SLOW ! take the S2000 for exampel going from first to second gear it takes like 2secs to get going again

That's why there is transmission upgrades. ;)

PatateVolante
Where is the original of that picture? (fullsize)

:)

That's why there is transmission upgrades. ;)

yes of course you can change tranny but for thoose who like to drive stock-cars this is really annoying 👎 ...hope polyphony has fixed this i GT4

SHIRAKAWA Akira
Quick and random facts:

-The C5 Corvette stil sounds like a washing machine. Maybe it's just supposed to sound like that.
-The Subaru 360 tops out at a staggering speed of 75 km/h :)
-The new Viper sounds VERY GOOD
-Handling even more realistic than before
-In parts settings screen if you press the start button you can see a more detalied and big power/torque chart. Very nice!
-Pressing L3 stops scrolling text. VERY VERY useful for people who can't read fast japanese like me
-The gear chart is as ugly as the one in GT3. Better than nothing though
-The blow off valve which sounds realistic! At least on my Panda Turbo

-I've payed extra expedition costs and customs taxes for a total of 26 euro :( 👎
How do race cars sound?

SHIRAKAWA Akira
Quick and random facts:

Nice tips.

Solid Lifters
Compared to the licenses in GT3, how difficult is it to get Gold in GT4? Easier, harder?

HARD HARD HARD! seems like they picked a specific car for each section so u have to learn how to drive that specific car AND know the racing line.

thanks to maskrider -> here's a nicest pic of the GT resort out of his screenshots (there is only a few glitches on the top of the picture and there are more than one arrows on some elements - British car, italian car, driving park, my home (there was no double pictures of them :D)

http://users.volja.net/gturismo44/gt-resort.jpg

Have fun!

I had it on very good authority that the following British cars would be in GT4, yet so far, no sign of them.

Caterham
7 Roadsport
7 R500

Jaguar
E-type Lightweight 63
XJS
XJ13
XJR9LM 88
S-type 63
XJR 03

Westfield
Sport 1800
Sport 2000
Megabusa
SEIGHT

oh forgot to ask

is there anything like the GT3 arcade thing where u play against opponents and if u win, u unlock all the maps in arcade?

also, can u play in arcade mode with the cars in ur GTmode garage?

cobragt
How do race cars sound?

I didn't play yet with race cars nor I did install racing spec parts (like racing transmission), so I can't still say anything about.

The Rukus: I'll find out in the next minutes, so stay tuned. Anyway, as far as I know, cars and tracks you win in GT mode will be available in arcade mode.

EDIT
I didn't seem to find a way to race GT mode cars. I guess here's where the Quicktune options comes in to use.

You can order your cars in garage by
-Day you bought the car
-Power
-Weight
-Power to weight ratio
-Value
-Drivetrain
-Nationality
-Maker
-Drive history (the order you drove them)
-Aspirated/Turbo

You can also limit the listed cars by
-Nation
-Maker
-Drivetrain

Car descriptions are in GT4 (unlike GT3), in the annoying scrolling text form. Lots of interesting informations.

vipersan
I have a question about garage. Can you sort cars in garage like you want, or is the list same as in GT3 (in order you bought them?). Cause it would be nice to sort them as you want. I cant imagine scrolling through 1000 cars - even 200 was too much. So can you sort them like in folders or what ever?
You can have a favorites, by year of car and by manufacturer.
Not sure if there are other options, these are what I have seen talked about so far.

Rukus, there was info that when you have cars in GT mode they will be available in Arcade mode, but in Arcade mode it only makes the car available, you will then be able to run it in arcade mode with any available Colour, but because it isnt strictly your garage car, it wont feature any of your tuning.
I wonder if that can be confirmed yet, Anyone?

question remains do you hear the VTEC when it kicks in at Hondas.........guess not but it would be awsome

happy new year everybody

GTXLR
You can have a favorites, by year of car and by manufacturer.
Not sure if there are other options, these are what I have seen talked about so far.

Rukus, there was info that when you have cars in GT mode they will be available in Arcade mode, but in Arcade mode it only makes the car available, you will then be able to run it in arcade mode with any available Colour, but because it isnt strictly your garage car, it wont feature any of your tuning.
I wonder if that can be confirmed yet, Anyone?

The favourite thing is an arcade only feature. I forgot to add that in GT mode you can also order your cars by name, year, and color (!).

EDIT:
Also, the Fiat Panda 1000 i.e. I drive in GT4 sounds almost exactly like the real-life counterpart!

SHIRAKAWA, did you get yours yet? i just got mine but sadly i cant play it because i dont have modchip...stupid swap magic. gt4 is just staring at me and i cant play...wow this sucks
edit
oops sorry, didnt read last page

ewitspaul
SHIRAKAWA, did you get yours yet? i just got mine but sadly i cant play it because i dont have modchip...stupid swap magic. gt4 is just staring at me and i cant play...wow this sucks
edit
oops sorry, didnt read last page

Yes, I received GT4 this morning and I'm playing it with my asian PS2.

Is there car manufacture info ,history ,car info when it came out who desgined it ,...ect all this kind of info,also tunning info ....ect.?

Shirakawa, is there a your garage in arcade, or ist it like i posted before, having cars in GT Mode only makes the model available in Arcade, without tuning.
Try running your panda in arcade and see is its still turbo'd :)

Ejan
i have a couple of questions

here goes

does GT4 have the same slowass gearchanges like in GT3 och GT4P..for exampel the Integra type R and alot of other cars

THX/Ejan

Its not the transmission you need to change, to get faster gear changes, you need to upgrade the clutch and flywheel, the gear changes will happen much quicker after you install these.
Obviously Prologue was no good for this, but try it in GT3 andyoull see the difference :)

BMW318ciC
Is there car manufacture info ,history ,car info when it came out who desgined it ,...ect all this kind of info,also tunning info ....ect.?

Yes, this info is all available! There is scrolling text for manufacturers, parts, cars on the bottom of the screen.

Also, I've tried to race at Las Vegas Drag Strip in Power and Speed (where you test your cars). To me it's just an alternative scenery for the 0-400m test. No drag racing strategy involved, you race alone, floor the gas and the car will start after countdown. Major disappointment :grumpy:

You can access Power & Speed and Driving park tests by paying 500 credits (japanese version). You have to pay every time you access these tracks, but once you're in you can drive as long as you want. You can even go back and change your settings without any charge. Under driving park you can test your settings in

-Test Course
-Gymkhana Course
-Motor Sports Land II (very fun to drive while short, wider and longer than MSL I)
-Beginner Course

You can't set up cones in Gymkhana Course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back