PS3 General Discussion

It has begun in the land of rising Sun:
photo-20061110-120257-0-b731ef86f0d18afd12721cf9cc86a765.jpg

photo-20061110-130102-0-06bc33ef0b94a838adc09faeda2b5af7.jpg

photo-20061110-131621-0-fd673b0a28e8ea9f91b6d9787dcdfeb9.jpg

photo-20061110-130804-0-c9aedc26df351d8450865b5dd0f62167.jpg

photo-20061110-132743-0-6b6dcc4aa4f8b7f7cc1a553511de1bd4.jpg

I love how IGN said no one was waiting, and didn't mention that literally people WERE NOT allowed to wait. Retailers were turning people away, because actually mobs like that can get retailers in trouble...but of course, no one will mention that, because nothing generates a buzz like negative news.

hummm...this makes me think. If the psp will wifi to the ps3 what is the range? What prevents hacking into the ps3 with a psp? is there some kind of protection? or am I sniffing up the wrong tree?

I doubt anyone is going to take the time to "hack" into a PS3 with a PSP. Who is willing to fork out $250 for a PSP and then go hack people's PS3? I think the chances of that are VERy slim, as you'd have to heavily mod the firmware of your PSP, in which case the PS3 probably wouldn't function correctly with it.

Well, since I wasn't able to do the cool preorder-ebay thing this time. I'll just wait until about June to pick up a PS3. Or until DMC4 comes out, whichever comes first :)

I doubt anyone is going to take the time to "hack" into a PS3 with a PSP. Who is willing to fork out $250 for a PSP and then go hack people's PS3? I think the chances of that are VERy slim, as you'd have to heavily mod the firmware of your PSP, in which case the PS3 probably wouldn't function correctly with it.

I guess I shouldn't have used the word "hack". It was more like can you do things like acess the net with a psp through someone elses ps3 connection. I don't mean hack in the sense that someone would do harm.

I guess I shouldn't have used the word "hack". It was more like can you do things like acess the net with a psp through someone elses ps3 connection. I don't mean hack in the sense that someone would do harm.
So, like stealing Wi-Fi signals? That may be a problem. I'm guessing there may be a password thing.

So, like stealing Wi-Fi signals? That may be a problem. I'm guessing there may be a password thing.

Ding...I haven't seen any info on logging in yet. They just keep showing how everything happens automaticly.

Duċk;2479911
Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come. Hopefully other multiplatform games in the future will be even.

Just keep thinking this: The current games are only SINGLE LAYER. wait till they come out with dual layer disc's:nervous:

Duċk;2479911
Tony Hawk's Project 8 got a 7.8 on the 360, and a 7.0 on the PS3... and Gamespot has similar scores.

Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come. Hopefully other multiplatform games in the future will be even.

The reasons for the lower scores are soley due to the lack of online play in the PS3 version. The fact that they did not have online hurt it significantly. Honestly though, the visuals are identicle, as has been said many times in many previes, and all of the sudden they show a "slight difference".

Honestly, it goes both ways. Some games look better on the PS3, like Madden, Fight Night, NBA 2K7, Oblivion, etc. it's not a huge leap, but they run better.

Then there's some games that look better on the 360. It's just a matter of developer Duck, you know that, but you'd rather stir up some stuff, wouldn't you.

So ehm does anybody have the PS3 yet ? I just ask because Play-asia says : ships within 24 hours, so people from HK could already have it...right ?

The reasons for the lower scores are soley due to the lack of online play in the PS3 version. The fact that they did not have online hurt it significantly. Honestly though, the visuals are identicle, as has been said many times in many previes, and all of the sudden they show a "slight difference".

Honestly, it goes both ways. Some games look better on the PS3, like Madden, Fight Night, NBA 2K7, Oblivion, etc. it's not a huge leap, but they run better.

Then there's some games that look better on the 360. It's just a matter of developer Duck, you know that, but you'd rather stir up some stuff, wouldn't you.
They said the PS3 version has framerate issues too.

Maybe they developed the game for the X360 first and then ported it to the PS3.

From IGN
November 10, 2006 - According to the PlayStation 3's included Safety and Support manual, the system will accept any 2.5" Serial ATA hard disc drive, and not only officially licensed Sony products. This opens up the possibility of installing a much larger drive than what the system comes with. The manual does note that "Proper operation is not guaranteed for all models" of hard drives, but obviously this is Sony's "just in case" small print.

We're in the process of testing this ourselves and will keep you updated.

if they had just got there playstation 3 do u realy think that they would get off of it to come online to type what its like (suppose they could use the playstation 3 to do this but only if they had the rigth mouse and keyboard).

Alright, I got a chance to play the Motor storm on thePS3 today at local best buy. First, I blew up the car 5 times in a row because I was holding "X", which is for boost, instead of R2, and that made the car overheat and blow up:crazy: . the graphic looks really good, like we all know, they use a lot motion blur in this game. I really love the crash, you know, you can actually "feel" it. As I was playing, the Bestbuy guy came up and told me to let him turn on the motion sensing, man, I was really impressed, the action felt even more intense with the motion sensor. it really really brought a whole new feeling to the game, the motion sensor was very responsive, one sudden move will turn the car really quick. The L2/R2 felt pretty good, very responsive, it felt a little strange at first thought.
There were always a few people around the PS3, they seemed to be really interested about it. when I was playing MStorm, a couple came up behind me, the wife was like "Oh that's the PS3" and the husband said: "no, 360 is better" However, they stood there and looked at me playing the whole time, and believe it or not, they even called up the bestbuy guy to ask about the PS3. They'll be at best buy at 9o'clock on Nov 17 as I overheard.:sly:

All in all, I really like what I experienced so far, really looking forward to Nov 17:tup:

They also have the wii, but you can only watch the video, no gameplay allowed:)

you know that, but you'd rather stir up some stuff, wouldn't you.

Damn straight, I've been holding off the negative news that came from 360 fanboys like me, and I was just itching to see your reaction!

[/sarcasm]

Alright, I got a chance to play the Motor storm on thePS3 today at local best buy. First, I blew up the car 5 times in a row because I was holding "X", which is for boost, instead of R2, and that made the car overheat and blow up:crazy: . the graphic looks really good, like we all know, they use a lot motion blur in this game. I really love the crash, you know, you can actually "feel" it. As I was playing, the Bestbuy guy came up and told me to let him turn on the motion sensing, man, I was really impressed, the action felt even more intense with the motion sensor. it really really brought a whole new feeling to the game, the motion sensor was very responsive, one sudden move will turn the car really quick. The L2/R2 felt pretty good, very responsive, it felt a little strange at first thought.
There were always a few people around the PS3, they seemed to be really interested about it. when I was playing MStorm, a couple came up behind me, the wife was like "Oh that's the PS3" and the husband said: "no, 360 is better" However, they stood there and looked at me playing the whole time, and believe it or not, they even called up the bestbuy guy to ask about the PS3. They'll be at best buy at 9o'clock on Nov 17 as I overheard.:sly:

All in all, I really like what I experienced so far, really looking forward to Nov 17:tup:

They also have the wii, but you can only watch the video, no gameplay allowed:)

Cool, thanks for the mini-review. 👍

Duċk;2480413
Damn straight, I've been holding off the negative news that came from 360 fanboys like me, and I was just itching to see your reaction!

[/sarcasm]
That's right. He can't deny it. Duck loves him some Microsoft products. He uses them for everything: Games, computers...oh wait...

That's right. He can't deny it. Duck loves him some Microsoft products. He uses them for everything: Games, computers...oh wait...

I'll admit I'm a fanboy... of Macs. The Xbox is the only thing I like from Microsoft. Windoze sucks ass, and both Office 2004 and Messenger 6 suck.

EDIT: IGN messes around with the final retail PS3, doing things they couldn't do before (like compatibility and such).

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/743/743956p1.html

Love that Motorstorm review Kenji. I could vividly imagine the whole scene. And ditto to what Duck says. Windows is very clever and all, but give me a Mac any day. Much more stable, if squirrely to figger out at first.

Again, they still forgot....:irked:

And the fifth pic is just pure bias, the PS3 looks much bigger than it's actually is with that perspective.:sly:

Unbelievable:indiff:

Ms seems to love power brick

*Windows Vista system requirements:*

- Internet connection (to download thousand of patches)
- A power brick

*Windows Vista system requirements:*

- Internet connection (to download thousand of patches)
- A power brick

:lol:

Just be glad the 'wireless' controllers don't require a power brick. :P

Back