PS3 General Discussion

http://www.ubi.com/UK/Games/Info.aspx?pId=5587

Well, GRAW 2 for the PS3 gets 14 additional maps, Sixaxis support, etc. I'm surprised Ubi is including essentially two map packs with the PS3 version (something that would cost $20 on Xbox Live), but I'm wondering whether the motion controls will compensate for rumble, and if the graphics are up to par with the 360 version.

Seriously, you STILL care if rumble is in / out? Come on man, it's NOT that amazing.
When it comes to shooters and racing games, I do care about rumble. It's not a deal breaker, but it helps the game. Not having it in Resistance made the experience less fun. Motorstorm is fine without it since it's an intense game, and having it turned on would be annoying because of all the bumps in the "road".

As for other games like Ninja Gaiden or Virtua Tennis, I don't really care since rumble doesn't make a noticeable difference in those games.

It's not a huge deal, but it's not a detail to overlook either.

Indeed. Rumble is still the factor that leads my decision towards the Xbox360 version of a game. I hope they'll realease the DualShock3 soon....

I just realised last night that you can have a full wallpaper image while you listen to music on the PS3... if you open an image and then press the PS button, you are taken to the XMB but with the image still in the background, albeit at about 50% opacity. However, if you then go into the music player and start listening to a song, the image becomes 100% opaque again and is basically a fullscreen wallpaper... 👍

Duċk;2659855
http://www.ubi.com/UK/Games/Info.aspx?pId=5587

Well, GRAW 2 for the PS3 gets 14 additional maps, Sixaxis support, etc. I'm surprised Ubi is including essentially two map packs with the PS3 version (something that would cost $20 on Xbox Live), but I'm wondering whether the motion controls will compensate for rumble, and if the graphics are up to par with the 360 version.

In other news, I got banned for "trolling" NeoGaf because I was taking Jabs at Ubisoft for their poor porting habits, either that or because I was defending a multiplatform game (Army of Two) saying that Gears of War looked very "bullshots" in the beginning with CG images, and no one complained, yet now that Army of Two has similar issues, it's "trash".

Gaf puzzles me. If you're not with the sheep, you're banned...wtf?

I won't put my hope on Ubisoft, especially after their crappy job with Splinter Cell: DA. Also, one of their developers also claimed that their next Splinter Cell won't be possible on the PS3, even if it was PS3 exclusive:confused: ( Does it mean they're too lazy or not good enough to program on the PS3?:dopey: )
The Ubisoft developers said that the fact that they are exclusive to the 360 allows them to do much more than if they were multiplatform, but they also state they doubt they would be able to achieve what they're doing with the game on the 360 on the PS3 even if it was PS3 exclusive.

Read more here

I don't care though, splinter Cell has always been one big piece of **** IMO

well, your rants about defending the undefendable are usually famous

in other words, you passionately defend every point you make, sometines to the extreme (just so it sounds more positive)

In other news, I got banned for "trolling" NeoGaf because I was taking Jabs at Ubisoft for their poor porting habits, either that or because I was defending a multiplatform game (Army of Two) saying that Gears of War looked very "bullshots" in the beginning with CG images, and no one complained, yet now that Army of Two has similar issues, it's "trash".
That's because Gears is the best looking console game out there, and Army of Two looks like utter crap. Like PS2 port crap. GoW is allowed to do the whole bullshots thing since it still looks amazing.
I won't put my hope on Ubisoft, especially after their crappy job with Splinter Cell: DA. Also, one of their developers also claimed that their next Splinter Cell won't be possible on the PS3, even if it was PS3 exclusive:confused: ( Does it mean they're too lazy or not good enough to program on the PS3?:dopey: )

Read more here

I don't care though, splinter Cell has always been one big piece of **** IMO
1. Double Agent was developed by Ubi Shanghai, and they're not all that good. Conviction, on the other hand, is made by Ubi Montreal (the peeps who made Chaos Theory), who is probably Ubisoft's best studio.

2. People who make a game exclusively for a system will usually say that the game isn't possible on other systems. Devil May Cry 4, anyone?

3. I'm actually quite glad Conviction is 360 exclusive, so it has the advantages exclusive games usually have: they don't have to worry about porting. If it were multiplatform, we probably wouldn't be having killer animations, great AI, and hundreds of people on screen.

Duċk;2660318
3. I'm actually quite glad Conviction is 360 exclusive, so it has the advantages exclusive games usually have: they don't have to worry about porting. If it were multiplatform, we probably wouldn't be having killer animations, great AI, and hundreds of people on screen.

With the exception being Grand Theft Auto IV...I hope.

The Next Splinter Cell isn't possible the same way Lair isn't possible on the 360, it was made for that system.

Konomi's new football(soccer) game is rolling in at 18GB and has better visuals than the 360 version. Anything is impossible if you make it that way. Also Motor Strom is said to use just 20-27% of the SPU's power.

Konomi's new football(soccer) game is rolling in at 18GB and has better visuals than the 360 version. Anything is impossible if you make it that way. Also Motor Strom is said to use just 20-27% of the SPU's power.

That "PES7 will be 3x better on PS3 than 360" quote is completely a rumor. It came from someone who claimed to be a "Konami insider" on a Korean forum. Plus he "confirmed" other things about FFXIII, which is from a completely different publisher.

Duċk;2660768
That "PES7 will be 3x better on PS3 than 360" quote is completely a rumor. It came from someone who claimed to be a "Konami insider" on a Korean forum. Plus he "confirmed" other things about FFXIII, which is from a completely different publisher.

It was "other things" about FFVII, not FFXIII.

Also, I'm 100% sure that "wouldn't be possible on PS3" from the Ubi dev's is bullcrap, mostly because they're probably not even looking into developing using SPE's and what not.

Also, I just have to laugh about you thinking Gears is that much better than Army of two.

It was "other things" about FFVII, not FFXIII.
Ok, thanks for clarifying. My point still stands, though.

Also, I just have to laugh about you thinking Gears is that much better than Army of two.
albundyscreamjh4ch2.gif

Duċk;2661057
Ok, thanks for clarifying. My point still stands, though.

albundyscreamjh4ch2.gif

You do realize, that from a technical stand point, Army of Two is far ahead of gears, simply because it's not using prebaked lighting and low poly models? The lighting in Army of Two is MUCH better than the prebaked stuff in gears (very little lighting in gears is actually "real") and the models have a LOT more Poly's than gears of war character models and their "normal maps".

You do realize, that from a technical stand point, Army of Two is far ahead of gears, simply because it's not using prebaked lighting and low poly models? The lighting in Army of Two is MUCH better than the prebaked stuff in gears (very little lighting in gears is actually "real") and the models have a LOT more Poly's than gears of war character models and their "normal maps".
...So?

Punch Jump
News
Midnight Club: Los Angeles to roll out on PS3, Xbox 360
Published: 3 hours ago; 10:17am PDT
by Marcus Lai

Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software Inc., on Wed. announced that it will release Midnight Club: Los Angeles for Sony Corp.'s Playstation 3 and Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox 360 in early 2008.
The open-world street racing game is said to include casual and enthusiast access, and offline and online gameplay.

"Midnight Club’s addictive blend of freedom, style and sheer sense of speed sets it apart from its competition," said Sam Houser, Founder and Executive Producer of Rockstar Games.

"With Midnight Club: Los Angeles, Rockstar San Diego looks to once again push the boundaries and expectations of what a racing game can be. Rockstar San Diego has always been the technology leader in delivering the ultimate racing experience, and with this game, they are looking to re-define the idea of a completely immersive racing game experience, both offline and online."

Midnight Club: Los Angeles marks the four installment of the franchise. Previous editions include Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition, Midnight Club II, and Midnight Club: Street Racing.

Rockstar Games is currently in development on the highly anticipated sequel, Grand Theft Auto IV, for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

FYI

Duċk;2661387

The point is, you're judging a game that is technically superior to Gears of War based on still shots from an early beta, without having seen it in motion. I can tell you for a fact, Gears of War w/out motion blur would be TERRIBLY ugly. Instead they use it to hide most of the low res textures hiding around, the lack of sourced lighting, and low poly models.

I'm sorry, but even in this early beta stage, Army of Two has better lighting, models, and apparently physics, than Gears of War has, plus I'm 100% confident that it's gameplay mechanics will be far suprior to Gears of War as well.

Not faking it, just finding ways to make technically inferior graphics look better than their technical specs might suggest.

So.. What you are saying is that developers are faking good graphics?

What I'm saying is, gears get's a "get out of jail free card" when it only looks MARGINALLY (at best) better than Army of Two. People just have that "wow" factor since it was the "initial" good looking title, even though MS lied, quite a few times, about the games early visuals by using "bullshots" as NeoGaf often puts it, for screen shots.

Army of Two looks great, it's got awesome lighting, good models, and good motion blur (not extremely overdone to cover up flaws like Gears of War). Yet it get's "smashed" because it didn't live up to the CG video shown a while ago (yet, again, Gears of war didn't succumb to this, even though it's FAR below it's CG screens that were released as "in game" by MS in E3 05).

What I'm saying is, gears get's a "get out of jail free card" when it only looks MARGINALLY (at best) better than Army of Two. People just have that "wow" factor since it was the "initial" good looking title, even though MS lied, quite a few times, about the games early visuals by using "bullshots" as NeoGaf often puts it, for screen shots.

Army of Two looks great, it's got awesome lighting, good models, and good motion blur (not extremely overdone to cover up flaws like Gears of War). Yet it get's "smashed" because it didn't live up to the CG video shown a while ago (yet, again, Gears of war didn't succumb to this, even though it's FAR below it's CG screens that were released as "in game" by MS in E3 05).

Seriously, come on. You're really just pulling on strings now.

Army of Two:

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/786/786532/army-of-two-20070508042642645.jpg

Gears of War:

http://images.xboxyde.com/gallery/public/4225/786_0001.jpg

Yes, both games had CG images and didn't live up to them... but the difference is that GoW is still one of the best looking console games out there. Army of Two? Not so much, even if it doesn't "fake" things.

End of debate, I'm tired of arguing against a non-existent point.

...Anyway, to get the thread back on track, whatchyall think will come out of the Sony Gamer Day event Friday?

Summa posted some info from Sony Gamers Day at Destructoid.

• Sony will release SOCOM Confrontation as a multiplayer-only title for the PlayStation 3. It will support up to 32 players online with full clan support, etc.

• Sony is developing a bowling title that uses the SIXAXIS -- much like Wii bowling.

• Nearly all major first-party titles will be coming out in the fall.

• A Warhawk public beta will begin on May 25 with sign-ups available now.

• Warhawk will be available to download over the PlayStation Network but will also be available at retail on Blu-ray. The retail package of Warhawk will include the game with extras such as developer interviews and demos. The pack will also include a Bluetooth headset for the PS3.

• The PS3 version of Stranglehold will include the original movie, Hardboiled.

• A Resistance: Fall of Man add-on pack with two maps will come this fall; More MotorStorm content will also be on the way.

• LittleBigPlanet will have a demo released this fall with a planned final release for just after Christmas.

• There are more than 90 titles coming to the PS3 from 3rd-party developers this year, with half being for the PlayStation Network.

• Peter Dille, Senior VP Marketing for Sony, said that Devil May Cry 4 was developed for the PlayStation 3 and is being ported down to other formats.

• PSP hardware sales are up 40%, with software sales up 150%. There will be 140 PSP games coming out this year with nine being 1st-party exclusives.

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-gamers-day-2007-the-big-stuff-31581.phtml

Back