PS3 General Discussion

I'm a new PS3 owner and well... for some reason it's not showing up on my tv. I tried using the provided av cable as well as my component cable from my ps2 but no go. Can someone help me out? Do I need the DVI cable? Thanks

The point is, you're judging a game that is technically superior to Gears of War based on still shots from an early beta, without having seen it in motion. I can tell you for a fact, Gears of War w/out motion blur would be TERRIBLY ugly. Instead they use it to hide most of the low res textures hiding around, the lack of sourced lighting, and low poly models.
The only place I've seen low res textures is in Act 3 when you go into the caves, and when the game is loading certain areas. It's rare, and them are pretty ugly, but everything else outside is as detailed as the image Duck posted. I'm not sure why motion blur would "hide" this, as you would notice it if you were standing still...

Edit:

DWA
I'm a new PS3 owner and well... for some reason it's not showing up on my tv. I tried using the provided av cable as well as my component cable from my ps2 but no go. Can someone help me out? Do I need the DVI cable? Thanks
I think he's fixed it. All he needed to do was reset it by holding the power button. 👍

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune just stopped by to say: Gears of War, your crown for best looking game is mine.

It blows gears of war out of the water...by a lot.

I saw some screens from games at the event but I guess you guys have seen it too already so I won't bother posting them.

The PS3 needs some good quality selection of games to help it sell. The sooner this happens the better.

• Sony will release SOCOM Confrontation as a multiplayer-only title for the PlayStation 3. It will support up to 32 players online with full clan support, etc.
Yay.

• Sony is developing a bowling title that uses the SIXAXIS -- much like Wii bowling.
...Nay? I see how it could work, but it'd be awkward. Hopefully this bowling game will be something you play in Home instead of it being a seperate title.

• Nearly all major first-party titles will be coming out in the fall.

I thought that would be obvious.

• A Warhawk public beta will begin on May 25 with sign-ups available now.
...And I got mah email, since I'm teh biggest Wowhawk fan evAr. 👍

• Warhawk will be available to download over the PlayStation Network but will also be available at retail on Blu-ray. The retail package of Warhawk will include the game with extras such as developer interviews and demos. The pack will also include a Bluetooth headset for the PS3.
Question is... the price.

• The PS3 version of Stranglehold will include the original movie, Hardboiled.
Nice. Now, if the Sixaxis can compensate for rumble...

Just kidding! Seriously!

• A Resistance: Fall of Man add-on pack with two maps will come this fall; More MotorStorm content will also be on the way.
Damn. I say they work on Rise of Man, kthxbye.

• LittleBigPlanet will have a demo released this fall with a planned final release for just after Christmas.

I like that.

• There are more than 90 titles coming to the PS3 from 3rd-party developers this year, with half being for the PlayStation Network.

Nice, but I prefer actual games that come on a disc. Unless, of course, they're games that could be on disc but choose not to (see: Tekken 5 and Warhawk)

• Peter Dille, Senior VP Marketing for Sony, said that Devil May Cry 4 was developed for the PlayStation 3 and is being ported down to other formats.

So? Capcom has already stated that DMC4 will be 100% identical on all platforms.

Anyway, +rep for that. :)

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune just stopped by to say: Gears of War, your crown for best looking game is mine.

It blows gears of war out of the water...by a lot.
I would've given that title to Ratchet, or Lair, or LBP, but that's just me.

EDIT: Oh yeah! Finally the first Rainbow Six PS3 screens.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6437184&postcount=1275

Downgrade total, etc etc.

...To be honest, I'm surprised Ubi hasn't screwed this up terribly. Yes, there's more jaggies and the textures are bleh, but at least it's not some Splinter Cell portjob.

I don't understand why textures are a problem with Ubisoft. 256MiB for both the Cell and RSX. I don't see anyone else having problems with textures.

I think you have lazy and untalented mixed up, hmm could even be both.

Socom is a complement to Halo3. Doesn't have to look all that great to strike interest.

I disagree with Duck on the bowling game, its full stand alone game, where PS Home's bowling has no personality and is just a simple mini game like pool(plus leader boards). Other mini gaems could spawn full release.

Oh yeah "Pain" Looks like burnout's crash mode with people. Looks like a great game for people with A.D.D. Doesn't look like it has much longevity and should be $5-8.

One word: lazy

I think you have lazy and untalented mixed up, hmm could even be both.
No, no, and no.

If they were lazy, they wouldn't have delayed the games to make them look better. And they wouldn't be throwing in $20 worth of multiplayer maps for free for both GRAW 2 and RSV (so if you bought both games, you would get $40 worth of free content).

If they were untalented, they wouldn't have made two of the best games out on the 360. Personally, Rainbow Six alone is better than anything on the PS3. That includes Resistance and Motorstorm.

I just think they don't have the knowledge of how to use the Cell and RSX correctly.

I disagree with Duck on the bowling game, its full stand alone game, where PS Home's bowling has no personality and is just a simple mini game like pool(plus leader boards). Other mini gaems could spawn full release.
...And how would it being a separate game give it more personality?

Oh yeah "Pain" Looks like burnout's crash mode with people. Looks like a great game for people with A.D.D. Doesn't look like it has much longevity and should be $5-8.

Isn't Pain supposed to be a PSN title to begin with?

Ok Duck, enough of the "contradicting every ones point of view" because its getting very old very quickly. If a game was made to be stand alone, and not in Home, it would be more realistic, with more time spent on it. If it was an arcade game that was within home, it would be there strictly for the novelty of it. Hence the wii.

Ok Duck, enough of the "contradicting every ones point of view" because its getting very old very quickly.

I give my opinions on the subject at hand. Sometimes, I agree. Sometimes, I disagree. Just because I'm providing a different viewpoint doesn't mean I'm trying to prove everyone wrong for the sake of it. :rolleyes:

If a game was made to be stand alone, and not in Home, it would be more realistic, with more time spent on it. If it was an arcade game that was within home, it would be there strictly for the novelty of it. Hence the wii.
Point taken.

Duċk;2662485
Isn't Pain supposed to be a PSN title to begin with?

Yes it is,that what it said at gametrailers.

And they don't have much talent if others can figure out the Cell/RSX(enough) and they can't. I'm not talking about UBI soft as a whole, just the developers(individual guys/gals programing the games). You must be in bed with Ubisoft to be so defensive. And Rainbow Six being better is your opinion as I left Rainbow games alone at "3" along with many first person shooters.

The truth is that Duck is actually in bed with the owner of Aflac. :lol:
aflac.jpg

:lol:

Also, in other news, I'm taking over D-N's PS3 Exclusives thread, since he hasn't been here in nearly a month, and the list needs some serious updating. Sooo... yeah. Expect the new thread to be up in a few hours or so.

Duċk;2662782
aflac.jpg

:lol:

Also, in other news, I'm taking over D-N's PS3 Exclusives thread, since he hasn't been here in nearly a month, and the list needs some serious updating. Sooo... yeah. Expect the new thread to be up in a few hours or so.

cool. Where is he anyways?

cool. Where is he anyways?

That's what I'm trying to figure out. And I find it odd that the last time he was here was when he made his last post on April 25th... and he hasn't come back since. And it's not like he left because he was tired of GTP or anything... just left. :indiff:

Anyway, did anyone check out the latest PSN update? There was a Joust trailer and Rampage... and that's it. Hoping for some Gamer's Day HD trailers (that would make my day), but alas, no. Sony needs to ditch the update on Thursdays only gig and update whenever they can, IMO.

But there's the Warhawk beta next week, and the trailers will probably come in too, so all is good.

Speaking of the gamers day event, I saw the videos from that. Uncharted looks absolutely astonishing. Heavenly sword looked good too. I feel like this fall will the first time that I will be completely satisfied with my PS3. Im just bored. I want better games.

Duċk;2662800
That's what I'm trying to figure out. And I find it odd that the last time he was here was when he made his last post on April 25th... and he hasn't come back since. And it's not like he left because he was tired of GTP or anything... just left. :indiff:
I think he said something about traveling to Asia.

Speaking of missing members... Where the hell is John? Can Ozzy or anyone say if he really offed himself? I fear for him.... :nervous:

ON TOPIC:

Whats the deal with PS3 prices? Will they drop before X-mas? I hope so, because I would like to pick one up. :D

I think he said something about traveling to Asia.
Really? You would think he'd bring his laptop...
Speaking of missing members... Where the hell is John? Can Ozzy or anyone say if he really offed himself? I fear for him.... :nervous:
He's alive, if you read John's "My Story" thread you would know.

Whats the deal with PS3 prices? Will they drop before X-mas? I hope so, because I would like to pick one up. :D
I'm guessing if Sony's smart, they'd drop it in the next few months since the flippin' Gameboy Advance is outselling it.

But there'll be a price drop this fall because of the Blu-ray diodes being cheaper to manufacture, though. Probably $100.

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but Pelican has a PS2 to PS3 controller adapter that works with Guitar Hero. I just bought one at EB Games and was using it with the PC to play Frets on Fire. It caught my eye because it does say compatible with GH and GHII. :)

Back