PS3 General Discussion

I use 4 to charge all pads if they need it, and after a lengthy night of gaming they do, but most of the time we use just 1 or max 2. so when i get my next station im going for the 20gb and just upgrading the HDD to 320 or higher , everything els is a waste for me.

Oh well, i've yet to use more than 1 port and i also paid $342 so i'm not mad about it. :)

BTW why are people saying Call of Duty 4 is so great? There aren't even any vehicles.

BTW why are people saying Call of Duty 4 is so great? There aren't even any vehicles.

Epic story.

PS3 out sells Wii... again.

The PS3 sold 53,000 units in Japan, almost 20,000 more units than the Wii. Compared to 8,000 PS2 units sold and a measly 5,000 for the 360.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/11/22/ps3-outsells-wii-for-second-straight-week-in-japan/
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=176131
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/28948/Japan-PS3-continues-to-outdo-Wii
http://kotaku.com/gaming/media-create/simple-2000-the-japanese-hardware-chart-325772.php

Wrong!:sly::sly::sly:

call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare-20070613104412307.jpg

Oh well, i've yet to use more than 1 port and i also paid $342 so i'm not mad about it. :)

Put it this way, ive played COD4 more than Halo 3 & RFOM put together. its a very good game.

Don't need them. On foot is so well sorted that vehicles (unless the maps are really big, then I could understand, but they aren't) would destroy how fun the combat is. You can send in helicopters and air strikes though, depending on how many kills on a row you receive. That alone is enough to get someone many kills.

As a game retailer, i can say that COD4 is selling like a Mofo on PC, Xbox360 and PS3. Selling best on PS3.

I can see that this christmas, at least in my town/store PS3 is gonna go ape ****e. PS3 outsells Xbox easily in our shop, and now that PS3 is about the same price...

I ordered PS3 + remote + component cable. Picked up Call of Duty 4 + NBA 2K8 + Gundam(it was cheap!), and additional controller this morning.

I don't have Xbox 360 or Wii, so this will be my first current gen. gaming console. I'm very excited.

I can get the GT HD demo as a free download too, right?

Anyone looking for a fair deal on getting the new rumble equipped sixaxis (or Dual Shock 3) before xmas should consider yesasia.com. With a coupon the DS3 (in white or black) can be picked up for $75 shipped (the coupon code is WGASIA5). Just ordered one myself and it should arrive by Dec 2, so forget waiting til next Spring :P

Global (non-NA) delivery link - YesAsia Global

NA delivery link - YesAsia NA

Didn't that end on November 11th? Or was that just in the US?
Say it ain't so!
Anyone looking for a fair deal on getting a DS3 before xmas should consider yesasia.com. With a coupon the DS3 (in white or black) can be picked up for $75 shipped (the coupon code is WGASIA5). Just ordered one myself and it should arrive by Dec 2, so forget waiting til next Spring :P

Global (non-NA) delivery link - YesAsia Global

NA delivery link - YesAsia NA
DS3, as in the controller for the PS3? I just picked one up at EBX for $25! Brand new, 50% off.

DS3, as in the controller for the PS3? I just picked one up at EBX for $25! Brand new, 50% off.

Sorry for the confusion. I probably should have clarified in the original post that DS3 stands for Dual Shock 3 that was just released in Japan and won't be released over here or in Europe until Spring of '08.

"Sony finally adds rumble to its PlayStation 3 controller"
September 19, 2007 - During its press conference at the 2007 Tokyo Game Show, Sony Computer Entertainment finally announced the worst-kept secret in gaming - the Dual Shock 3. The new controller looks exactly like the Sixaxis from the outside, with the only difference being that it now says Dual Shock 3 instead of Sixaxis on the top.

Sony announced that a number of games that are appearing at TGS already support the rumble functionality, including Metal Gear Solid 4 (and MGS Online), Devil May Cry 4, echochrome, Ratchet & Clank Future, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Dynasty Warriors 6. And as we reported yesterday, Burnout Paradise looks to also support the new controller.

Along with its new rumble functionality, the Dual Shock 3 will still support the motion sensing function of the Sixaxis.

The Dual Shock 3 will launch this November in Japan, while the US and Europe will receive the new controller in the spring of 2008.

Say it ain't so!

This is what i saw:

GTP Front Page
"Gran Turismo 5 Prologue" Free Downloadable Demo will be available for a limited time to coincide with the holding of the 40th Tokyo Motor Show 2007.

We hope you enjoy all of the features, including unveiling events where the details of the cars in the game are synchronized with the new cars being presented at the actual exhibition, the distribution of an original program covering the exhibition, and distributed text news related to motor sports and automobile manufacturers.

[How the demo is provided]

This free demo is available as a download.

Because this game can only be downloaded from the PLAYSTATION Store online service, which is specifically for the PLAYSTATION 3, a PLAYSTATION 3 that is connected to the network is required.

Please note that the game cannot be downloaded via PC, nor can it be installed from recordable media.

[Period of Availability]

From October 20th, 2007 (Saturday) to November 11th, 2007 (Sunday)

Note: It may become difficult to access the PLAYSTATION Store or the download may take a long time due to high traffic levels when the download first becomes available. In this case, although we apologize for the inconvenience, we ask that you try again at another time.

I don't know about $75 for the DS3. I think I can wait until it officially ships here in the US.

I like to pretend that my SIXAXIS is shaking anyway...

I don't know about $75 for the DS3. I think I can wait until it officially ships here in the US.

I like to pretend that my SIXAXIS is shaking anyway...

Perfectly understandable SF. But to me considering that its final US price when released will likely be between $49.99 to $59.99, which equates to a take home price with taxes between $54 and $65. So at worst I'm only paying a premium of $20 to get the "old is new" controller feature some 4 months early. To me that's a fair trade especially considering it is immediately compatible with Assassin's Creed and Uncharted (maybe even F1) so I'll be able to enjoy rumble feedback for Drake's full adventure. That I am looking forward to 👍

Perfectly understandable SF. But to me considering that its final US price when released will likely be between $49.99 to $59.99, which equates to a take home price with taxes between $54 and $65. So at worst I'm only paying a premium of $20 to get the "old is new" controller feature some 4 months early. To me that's a fair trade especially considering it is immediately compatible with Assassin's Creed and Uncharted (maybe even F1) so I'll be able to enjoy rumble feedback for Drake's full adventure. That I am looking forward to 👍

If you have motor storm rumble is a available too on there, if you upgrade to the latest patch.

$75?! Are they trying... to drive away people from a ps3 again? :rolleyes: Here's to hoping it's a decent price like icelt says.

$75 is simply the premium price (well at least at this web site, they are actually more expensive at others) to import the controller now from Japan instead of waiting for its official NA and European Spring '08 release.

About the demo...

Can't remember where I saw it, but I believe you can download it until November 30th.

About the DS3...

I hope it's made of gold to cost that. :rolleyes:

I doubt any controller would ever be $75 considering that is more than the games are costing. I can't wait until the PS3 has completely taken over everyones house, then I can laugh at my friends who told me it was a waste of money back when I bought it who will be scrambling to find one left in stock.

edit: The DS3 in NA will probably be about the same cost as the SIXAXIS or at most maybe $5 more.

Sorry for the confusion. I probably should have clarified in the original post that DS3 stands for Dual Shock 3 that was just released in Japan and won't be released over here or in Europe until Spring of '08.
My fault. If I read too much about PS3/X360/Wii, I'd want them, so I've kind of living in denial by not paying much attention to these new(er) systems. :sly: Thanks for the info. I'm glad to hear the rumble will be back in the very near future.
This is what i saw:
Well, if that's the case, I hope the actual game is coming out pretty soon. I'm hoping that I will not have to buy any racing games, until GT5P is out........ is it coming out in the States, right? Again, here's me not paying any attention to PS3 related news. I better go look it up!

I can't wait until the PS3 has completely taken over everyones house, then I can laugh at my friends who told me it was a waste of money back when I bought it who will be scrambling to find one left in stock.

Just like politics, the Mainstream Media (in this case: the blogs) will distort everything, the PS3 was always a very good system. It will take a while until people realize that it's the best system.

I have friends who come up and ask me about the PS3, which model to buy, what games, and other information. I've had maybe one person ask about the 360, but he was a bit younger, so that's a better fit for him. As owners and having factual information, I feel that it is up to us to bring positive light for the PS3, just like if you were helping a friend purchase their first HDTV, digital media player, or whatever.

Well, if that's the case, I hope the actual game is coming out pretty soon. I'm hoping that I will not have to buy any racing games, until GT5P is out........ is it coming out in the States, right? Again, here's me not paying any attention to PS3 related news. I better go look it up!

So far, I believe it's Japan only. However, Sony must realize that GT5P is probably even more popular here in the US.

Get this if you can, believe me, it's well worth it.👍👍👍
Dang, it's not cheap! Then again, looks like it's a series. I'll probably rent it first, but I will check it out when I can. 👍
So far, I believe it's Japan only. However, Sony must realize that GT5P is probably even more popular here in the US.
This must've been asked million times already, but will the foreign import Prologue work on a U.S. PS3? I recall a topic from while back about the lack of region code on PS3 or Blu ray.....

Back