PS3 General Discussion

May I ask what is Eye of Judgement? A card game you play against the PS3? The stuff I read on it makes it look rather bizzare.
You'll find general and detailed answers to your questions about EoJ on the thread linked earlier, and in the YouTube video Solid Fro was kind enough to post for us just a few posts above this one.

Also the PSN Stores have several videos showing how EoJ works. 👍

The Wiki listing also has some good info, and links for more explanations, and the official website might be a good place to check out as well.

I have not yet even broken the seal on the card pack, but from what little I have read on and seen of the game, its a "card game" that incorporates the PS Eye and specially made cards to create visual effects on the screen. You play either against the computer AI, or against friends, both off line and online.

I got EoJ as it was only $30 over the cost of the camera, which is what I really wanted for all the extras and features, like the free interactive games that come with it, additional game support like SingStar and Warhawk, as a fun video chatting device with our families and friends that are spread around the country (I suspect this will work when chatting overseas as well?).
Does all the extras and features come just with the EOJ pack, or does that only give you the game and stand?

May I ask what is Eye of Judgement? A card game you play against the PS3? The stuff I read on it makes it look rather bizzare.
Did you ever see or play Magic: The Gathering, or any other collectible card game? It is that played on the PS3, only it uses the camera to see what your card is and give an animation of the battles. It also makes it so that you can play against someone online, so it is no more just sitting across the table from each other in study hall.

They have some (maybe just one) trailers on the PS Store.

[ubergeek]I still play Magic the Gathering[/ubergeek]

I supposed I'll have to buy it now :lol:. It looks rather cool.

Egads! The end times are surely upon us! >_<

Looking at those sales charts (for Japan), how did the 360 increase in sales by nearly 400% last week? o.o
When Microsoft is selling less than 4,000 units in a week it's pretty easy to have a 4x jump in sales. :)

Sort of like how the PS3 had over a 1,000% jump in sales on Amazon a couple weeks ago.. but it was the 80GB edition that had the +1,000% jump interestingly enough.

But then again you would think that it would be Halo 3's release to cause an increase in sales. Even though CoD4 is great nothing says Xbox like Halo for most people.

Looking at those sales charts (for Japan), how did the 360 increase in sales by nearly 400% last week? o.o

In the same way that Cadillac in the UK had a year on year sales increase in October 2007 of 10,300%. They sold 1 car in October '06 in the UK and 104 cars in Oct '07.

Big leaps are easy if you are currently selling bugger all.

Scaff

speaking of which, is that a timed exclusive?
It doesn't look to be, although there have been rumors that AC07 is already in development for the PS3, but I'm fairly certain there has not been any official announcement.

I played AC06 and it's great! I would love nothing more than to have it be available on the PS3, but that really doesn't look like that will happen.

I still play both AC4 and AC5 on occasions and its amazing how well they both hold up even though they are "last-gen" games, and especially AC4 which is six years old and still looks and plays better than many "modern" games, like Blazing Angels.

I'm boycotting Namco games until they make a proper Ace Combat game on the PS3.

The story for AC6 looked really lame to me, so I'm not missing much. This is REAL Ace Combat:

I just looked at those figures, and that +375% increase was actually two weeks ago. Last week's sales of the 360 dropped back down to 5,817 which is just one third of the sales they had the week earlier... so it appears it was some kind of hic-up... maybe like Solid Fro suggested, AC6 was the motivation, especially seeing as that is a very popular series in Japan and it came out on the 1st, which is right in the middle of that sales week.

Here are last week's sales figures for Japan from Media Create showing this week's sales and the diferences from the previous week:

Code:
PS3	55,924	+38,490	+221%
Wii	34,546	- 3,071	-  8%
PS2	 9,043	- 1,166	- 11%
360	 5,817	-11,856	- 67%

Still very surprising to see the PS3 sales higher than the Wii, especially by that much. It will be interesting to see how long that lasts, or is also just a temporary reaction to some game or sale.

Plus, Shin Sangoku Musou 5 (Dynasty Warriors 6) came out that same week. You know them Japanese get hard-ons for more hacking and slashing.

Jade Raymond will be in this week's Bonus Round at gametrailers.com :drool:

Hey guys how can i get mp3s into my ps3? Nothing seems to happen when i plug my flash drive in. Do i have to activate it through the ps3 or something? :(

i finally picked up a 60gig the other day :)

mp3s from a flash drive should just show up in the xmb. once u see it under the music just hit triangle and display all. should be there. its what i did.

Hey guys how can i get mp3s into my ps3? Nothing seems to happen when i plug my flash drive in. Do i have to activate it through the ps3 or something? :(

press triangle on the mem stick icon thing, then click information. After a while it should start finding them. Then press x and do the same thing but this time press display all or something along those lines. WaahLaaah:)

Hi everyone! I just got a PS3 a couple weeks ago... GT4 was working fine with the PS3 last week and I had did the update... It can't be the disc because it worked perfectly with the Ps2... hmmm... hopefully they do an update where you can play all of the PS2 games! ;) --- Randy

Back