PS3 General Discussion

Oddly enough when I finished Heavenly Sword, I tried playing God of War but couldn't get into it.
Well, it is a step down in performance, and without the complex combo system it is really just a button masher.

I played through GoW just because it was pretty and had a mildly interesting story. There is nothing that I saw groundbreaking.

I have a question that Google has not helped answered at all. How do I transfer data from one account to another? I know someone here touched on it, and I would like to transfer my GT5:P & MGS4 data to the new account, and delete the old one. I do not care about losing my online stats.

I have a question that Google has not helped answered at all. How do I transfer data from one account to another? I know someone here touched on it, and I would like to transfer my GT5:P & MGS4 data to the new account, and delete the old one. I do not care about losing my online stats.

Good ol' fashioned USB?

I assume you mean data in the Saved Data Utility folder, because data in the Game Data Utility folder is automatically shared by all users, and thus there would be no need to transfer it from one user to another.

To copy data from the Saved Data Utility folder simply sign on as the user you want to copy the data from. Go to that folder, and highlight the file you want to copy. Press the triangle button to show the option menu for that file. Select copy, and then pick where you want to copy it to. You can copy it to any external HD or memory card, as well as any other *user.

*As long as they don't already have a file using the same name. Some games allow multiple game save files, and so as long as the one being copied doesn't use the same file name, then you can copy it over without having to erase the previous file.

I assume you mean data in the Saved Data Utility folder, because data in the Game Data Utility folder is automatically shared by all users, and thus there would be no need to transfer it from one user to another.

To copy data from the Saved Data Utility folder simply sign on as the user you want to copy the data from. Go to that folder, and highlight the file you want to copy. Press the triangle button to show the option menu for that file. Select copy, and then pick where you want to copy it to. You can copy it to any external HD or memory card, as well as any other *user.

*As long as they don't already have a file using the same name. Some games allow multiple game save files, and so as long as the one being copied doesn't use the same file name, then you can copy it over without having to erase the previous file.
Ah, thanks. 👍

Well, the big new TV arrived today and was successfully set up. So I cracked the PS3 out of its box, where it's been patiently waiting for the TV.

It successfully connected to my Apple wireless network with zero fuss, and now it seems to have successfully updated to 2.41! I'm about to sign up for PSN. Wish me luck in the big new world of PS3 gaming...

How do I create a sub account? I try, but it tells me my User ID is already taken. And "Manage Subaccounts" under my master account is greyed out.

How do I create a sub account? I try, but it tells me my User ID is already taken. And "Manage Subaccounts" under my master account is greyed out.

To create a sub account, first you have to create a User, then sign up for a PSN ID for that account, during which you select Master Account during the registration process.

All of which I assume you have already done. 👍

Then to create a sub account, you again create a new User, and then sign up for a new PSN ID for that new user (be sure to use a different email address). This time selct Sub Account for that PSN ID.

Mission accomplished.

Keep in mind, you can also associate any user account, regardless of what type it is, to another user account in case you want all the transactions to always go through one account.

Yeah, that separate email address was what was getting me. It didn't make much sense to me that it wouldn't share the master email. Easily solved thanks to Gmail. Thanks for the hints.

Bah, the MGS bundle is sold out on the entire internet. Poopy.

I got emails on Thursday from both Circuit City and Toys R Us sites that they were back in stock. I just walked into Wally World and bought mine.

Yeah, that separate email address was what was getting me. It didn't make much sense to me that it wouldn't share the master email. Easily solved thanks to Gmail. Thanks for the hints.

You can put in a completely random address... My alternate account's address was something the likes of hifwuwiegv@fduwhuw.hfdi

Just don't forget the password :lol:

I got emails on Thursday from both Circuit City and Toys R Us sites that they were back in stock. I just walked into Wally World and bought mine.
I went to the Toys R Us site at 7:30 or so. While I walked away to get my mom (gone 5 minutes or so), they sold out. Circuit City was the same way.

I've not yet seen this posted up, but it is now possible to view your friends list on-line.

PSN accounts can be linked to a US Forum account (underground) and once done you can then access and view your friends list on-line.

friendsme4.jpg

It also shows how long it has been since someone was online (and in case its never been sorted also explains what the 'yellow' status means - online but away).

Regards

Scaff

I've not yet seen this posted up, but it is now possible to view your friends list on-line.

PSN accounts can be linked to a US Forum account (underground) and once done you can then access and view your friends list on-line.

Thanks for the heads up!

BTW: Here is a direct link to register your PSN ID to your PS3 Underground Account.

And here is the direct link to your PSNL Friend's List, once you are registered.

Here are a couple other useful links:

I see that this will also create a "PSN Portable ID":

PSNPortableID.jpg

Okay. With the PS3 in the mail as we speak, I have a question about PS2 game saves. Is getting the PS2 memory card adaptor necessary? I can already get the game saves off the memory card, and I was thinking that it might be possible to get the saves off of a flash drive if I convert them to the same format that they are in on the memory card (what with the folder structure and such). Is that the case?

Okay. With the PS3 in the mail as we speak, I have a question about PS2 game saves. Is getting the PS2 memory card adaptor necessary? I can already get the game saves off the memory card, and I was thinking that it might be possible to get the saves off of a flash drive if I convert them to the same format that they are in on the memory card (what with the folder structure and such). Is that the case?

I just kept my PS2 and I play games on that. I tried booting up GT4 on the PS3 last night and it looked and performed like crap. I don't know if it's just that game or all PS2 games.

If you can already get them off the Memory card in .PSV format, then just put them in the (Drive):\PS3\EXPORT\PSV folder.

Here's a much, much more in depth instruction thanks to Solid Lifters.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=89773

Edit: @Joey, Only certain games are like that, for example GT4 (although it never bothered me), Jak & Daxter 1, etc.

From,
Chris.

Edit: @Joey, Only certain games are like that, for example GT4 (although it never bothered me), Jak & Daxter 1, etc.

Why is that? Has it already been covered before? It's sort of annoying to be quite honest since I don't have the right hook ups for the PS2 to make it look decent on the HDTV.

Back