PS3 General Discussion

With the latest update when I push the PS button I get the in game cross bar thing, which is cool. But how do I check the battery status of my controller? Before I could just push the PS button and it was in the lower left hand corner. I assume it's just been moved some where obvious and I'm missing it.

With the latest update when I push the PS button I get the in game cross bar thing, which is cool. But how do I check the battery status of my controller? Before I could just push the PS button and it was in the lower left hand corner. I assume it's just been moved some where obvious and I'm missing it.

To bring up the XMB all you have to do is tap on the PS button. To see the channel, battery level, and contoller settings, simply hold down the PS button. 👍

anyone else having trouble with the store taking a while to start? I thought it might be my internet but once the blue screen comes up everything loads quickly. It just seems to consistently take a long time for the store itself to load. Since it isn't net based any more anyways I was just wondering if anyone else noticed...

anyone else having trouble with the store taking a while to start? I thought it might be my internet but once the blue screen comes up everything loads quickly. It just seems to consistently take a long time for the store itself to load. Since it isn't net based any more anyways I was just wondering if anyone else noticed...

I noticed that as well last night. I chalked it up to the recent addition of the movie and TV download service. Hopefully they'll fix it, but at least for me the delay was only a few seconds so I didn't think too much of it.

I believe its because it now caches all the icons, as a result it takes a second or two to start up, but when you enter pages the icons now load significantly quicker.

Its been that way (for me at least) since 2.4 was released.

Regards

Scaff

Ok so I'm playing The Bourne Conspiracy and only half the sounds are coming through the TV. I remember it's something to do with surround sound but I have no idea how to change it.

I noticed that as well last night. I chalked it up to the recent addition of the movie and TV download service. Hopefully they'll fix it, but at least for me the delay was only a few seconds so I didn't think too much of it.
for me it will just hand sometimes without a swirling icon, its not a big deal and usually if I exit before it loads and quickly try again it will open. I do agree however that the store itself is much smoother and quicker to load.
If anyone needs to find me in Home, you know where I will be.

awesome...

Maybe this has been posted before:

Playstation Network Required Ports
TCP 80
TCP 443
TCP 5223
UDP 3478
UDP 3479
UDP 3658

Remote Play & Gaming Required Ports
TCP 80
TCP 443
TCP 5223
TCP 9293
TCP 10070-10080
UDP 3478
UDP 3479
UDP 3658
UDP 10070

Playstation 3 Error Code List

0710102: DNS Error; No DSN server available.

8001050B: will not play demo hard drive games, when blue-ray disc is inserted : cause unknown

80010510: will not play hard drive games - Cause unknown

8002AD3D: cannot Log into PSN - Is the PSN down? Try manually configuring your PS3 IP info. Try disabling medai server connection in the PS3.

8002b241: DVI has no audio.

80028EA5: unknown

80029023: exchanging Key Information exchange has timed out

80029024: the attempt to obtain an IP address has timed out

80029564: downloaded Game will not install - Cause unknown

8002F997: can not update XMB firmware

8003051E: game will not Save

80031150: system Settings Fail to Save - Possible Blue Screen "Setting information is corrupted.Press the x button to repair and restore default"

80130203: PS3 connects to internet but not to network - Typically means that the required ports are not open to connect to store but PS3 can connect to internet.

80710092: "An error has occured. you've been signed out from the ps network": (connection dropped?)

80710102: PS3 Cannot connect to the router with current IP information. Try rebooting your router

80710541: the connection to the server timed out.

80710B23: PS3 Network is Down or PS3 Network is too busy to respond

Can’t playback burn BDr movie

Attempting to play burnt Dual layer NTSC disc on a Pal ps3 ( workarounds is to transfer files to ps3 via TVersity )

An error occurred during the delete operation (attempting to delete some ps2 homebrew from virtual mem card)

Sign in to PLAYSTATION-Network (needed for some games or Ps3 processes - have to sign in to use them)

80710A06
An error occurred during the install operation (error when downloading game from PSN - network error occured

8003041F
An error occurred during the copy operation (using media server)

An error occurred during the start operation (added 22aug07 - corrupted folding install)

An error occurred during the start operation (added 17aug07 - during disc swap tests)

DNS Error; No DSN server available.

System Error due to failed update download

Major Error , Game ability stopped

Can’t start BlueRay Game

Will not play hard drive games - Cause unknown

An error occurred during the start operation; Ps1 game swapped using the eject function and then play pressed quickly - ps1 game inserted again

Exchanging Key Information exchange has timed out

“Cannot Obtain an IP address”.

Downloaded Game will not install - Cause unknown

An error occurred during the copy operation. The file may be corrupt or there isn’t enough memory. Try copying data from original source.

System Settings Fail to Save - Possible Blue Screen “Setting information is corrupted.Pre

Error Creating Account

PS3 connects to internet but not to network - Typically means that the required ports are

DNS Error

Playstation Network is down.

“An error has occurred. you’ve been signed out from the ps network” - (connection dropped?)

Connection error

IP conflict , PS3 Cannot connect to the router with current IP information - Try rebooting your router

The connection to the server timed out. ss the x button to repair and restore default”

Possible Port Error - Try opening ports , TCP port: 80, 443, 5223 and UDP port: 3478, 3479, 3658. or add Ps3 to DMZ

Error copying saves from location A to location B not open to connect to store but PS3 can connect to internet.

8001050B
Will not play demo hard drive games, when blue-ray disc is inserted - Cause unknown

8001050D
An error occurred during the start operation; Ps3 game swapped using the eject function and then play pressed quickly - ps3 game inserted again

80028EA5
Unknown?? User cannot connect to PS3 network. Sony told the user to send the machine in.

80028ea6
Connection error , Possible Proxy error power cord. Then shut off your modem/router, for about 5 minutes, then turn the modem back up first and let it sync, then turn the router back on(if using one) and let it sync. Reconnect your power cable and flip the back switch up again. Then make a new network connection.

80028F10
Go to Display Settings then HDMI (or whatever your connection is) and choose Automatic,

80028f17
Ps2 disc Boot Error , An error occurred during the start operation; Ps2 game swapped using the eject function and then play pressed quickly - Backup ps2 game inserted again

80028F18
Ps2 Disc Error, unsupported disc; eg. Utility discs, BB discs, IQ Remix game etc. ode).

80028F19
PS2 Disc Error , fsck; the internal PS2 disk got corrupted and I guess that you can use HDD utility disc to fix it

80028F1A
Ps2 Disc Error , invalbnnetcfg; network config error

80029C68
Corrupt data usually on external device

8002A10D
Unable to Add friend in XMB

8002A4A6
Cannot load game to play online

8002A515
Error Signing in

8002A548
Unable to remain logged in - either to game or server

8002A705
Unable to connect to server/host. Check router port configuration.

8002a71a
Possible NAT Error , Can log onto Game Server but can’t join game and can’t host game

8002b241
DVI has no audio

8002F994
To many people downloading the update just sit back until the morning around 5am - 11am and you should be able to get it.

8002F997
Trying to Update the Firmware, copying to a file and installing from a USB drive failed”.

8003051E
Game will not Save

8013013D
“A connection error has occurred” - May be to do with the SSID of the Router or signal strength if the connection drops Putting the PS3 into DMZ may help - otherwise check WPA key Ps3 can’t handle WPA2 only WPA or none

8013013E
WEP Key error, change WEP key to all numbers (on router homepage) and try agian, or which to WPA. - Otherwise disable security

8013030F
Check Router Page, SSID Broadcasting possibly off.

8013030F
Access Point not detected

807101FF
An error occurred during communication with the server. This is a DNS error - This is a DNS error

8071053D
Hard boot the PS3, turn off the PS3 to stand-by, flip off the back switch and remove the

80710B23
PS3 Network is Down or PS3 Network is too busy to respond

80710D23
Turn the PS3 off for a bit (30 minutes give or take) with the power toggle (not standby mode)

Copyright Violation when attempting to install game

^ If it hasnt then that should be posted in its own thread, stickied and called Playstation 3 Error Code Database or something.

Very useful kikie, Thanks 👍

Great info Kikie, thanks.
I was considering getting a surround sound system for my Panasonic Viera TV, and when I was looking around the all seem to have dvd players attached. But I was hoping to just get a 5.1 system, for around 200-250 euros. Any ideas which I should go for, as I'm hoping it will be great with the playstation. Can I get any brand or does it have to be Panasonic to work with the TV? Thanks in advance.

I'm almost certain (99.9%) that any brand will do.

Isn't a 7.1 system better. The PS3 can output 7.1 through HDMI and you can watch films on your tv with a 7.1 system with your PS3.

Isn't a 7.1 system better. The PS3 can output 7.1 through HDMI and you can watch films on your tv with a 7.1 system with your PS3.

There arent too many of them in my local town and the are very expensive. I seen this Panasonic 5.1 one
http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/417157/PANASONIC-SC-PT450EB-K/tab/specification
for €249 seems pretty good although I was hoping for tower speakers but the cost about 200 more :crazy: .

And this other Sony one for the same price http://www.sony.ie/view/ShowProduct...ound+Kit+&+DVD+Player#pageType=TechnicalSpecs
which is better?? Thanks again.

Can I get any brand or does it have to be Panasonic to work with the TV? Thanks in advance.

👍

It all depends on what you mean by better.

For instance, most content doesn't even have 7.1 audio... although that is changing with many newer films being given an original 7.1 audio mix and there are already some great games with 7.1 audio for the PS3. 👍

However, even with content that has 7.1, the only difference is the rear channels, and this can be easily compensated with a 5.1 system with a quality audio processor, properly placed speakers, and decent acoustics.

Thus the most important thing isn't the number of channels, but the quality of the amp, audio processor, speakers, placement, and acoustics.

BTW: GT4 genius, GTP has a dedicated forum for these kind of questions so you may want to check it out first:

Thus the most important thing isn't the number of channels, but the quality of the amp, audio processor, speakers, placement, and acoustics.
So, if something comes up behind me in a game and scares the bejeezus out of me because the sound actually came from behind me, it is probably working well?

Or if my brother-in-law is playing Rock Band with me and between songs (while crowd noise is still going on) looks around and asks if I hear people?

And MGS4 does amazing things during the briefing if you roll around in the Mk.II. The sound is always coming from relative to your position.

I can say that a properly set up 5.1 will do amazing things and gives you a great feel of direction for locating off-screen enemies, competitor's cars, etc. Just be careful with the scary games.

So, if something comes up behind me in a game and scares the bejeezus out of me because the sound actually came from behind me, it is probably working well?

Or if my brother-in-law is playing Rock Band with me and between songs (while crowd noise is still going on) looks around and asks if I hear people?

And MGS4 does amazing things during the briefing if you roll around in the Mk.II. The sound is always coming from relative to your position.

I can say that a properly set up 5.1 will do amazing things and gives you a great feel of direction for locating off-screen enemies, competitor's cars, etc. Just be careful with the scary games.

Quite right, in Call of Duty 4 it is without a doubt an extra 'perk' for free, the number of times I've managed a kill on someone sneaking up behind me because I've heard footsteps or best of all the guy I stalked down four or five times when he was using the Barrett .50. With such a distinctive sound it was easy to pick out exactly the direction he was hiding in.

Regards

Scaff

Precisely. While a 7.1 system can be a step up, or even a 10.2 system for the few lucky folks who have a room large enough and pockets deep enough. However, a 5.1 system is likely "good enough" for the vast majority in terms of surround sound staging, especially when you consider most movies, and certainly most games do not offer a 7.1 sound mix to begin with.

10.2 system? Where do you put all the speakers? On the ceiling?
Damn near:
  • Left
  • Center
  • Right
  • Left Wide
  • Right Wide
  • Left Height
  • Right Height
  • Right Surround Direct
  • Right Surround Diffuse
  • Left Surround Diffuse
  • Left Surround Direct
  • Back Surround
  • LFE Left
  • LFE Right
422px-Sound-10_2.svg.png

Boy in 20 years a 10.2 surround sound system will be common.

My parents don't even have room for a 7.1 system(mom is taking more room for her quilts and such).

Ok so I'm playing The Bourne Conspiracy and only half the sounds are coming through the TV. I remember it's something to do with surround sound but I have no idea how to change it.

I'm still in need of a bit of assistance, the game is still doing it. Can anyone please help?

I'm still in need of a bit of assistance, the game is still doing it. Can anyone please help?

I can certainly try to help.
  1. When you say "half", what exactly do you mean? Are you only getting sounds from the left or right, or is it front and no rear?

2. Are you experiencing this with any other game?

3. If so, of the games that you experience the same issue, what audio output do they have?

4. In addition, of the games that you do not have this problem with, what type of audio signal are they outputting?

5. I don't own that game, so could you list the audio choices, if any, the game uses and if you are experiencing the same problem no matter what you have selected in the audio options... assuming there are any.

6. What receiver/audio processor are you using?

7. How do you have it connected to the PS3?

8. What are all the audio output options selected in the PS3's Audio Output Setting menu?
Hopefully we can help you try and narrow down the possible culprits.

Back