PS3 General Discussion

well, I finally got PS3 and GT5P, but.. I can't get it online. it always says that attempt to get IP adress timed out, despite the fact that it displays it in the settings and connections list.. the cables work, the switch works and the router works just fine. i've tried everything, even direct connection from the router to the PS3, but no.. and the settings are same as Greycaps, his works, mine doesn't. :ouch:

edit: never mind, the router needed to be shut down for few minutes, that solved the problem. :embarrassed:

Last edited:
The router signal disrupts the modem somehow but it has happened to me a few times.
Is this something that is documented somewhere? I have never heard of this. I also have never experienced this.

I guess it would only be possible if you had a Modem/Wireless Router combo (like mine), and a separate wireless router close to it, but that's just guessing.

From,
Chris.

Ok, now I've a problem:D. I know its been asked 100 times, but everyones case is different. I bought the broadband on my college campus, and its great, but it wont let me sign into the PSN, the internet will work but the PSN wont. Any idea of how I could solve this? Thanks in advance.👍

Did you try turning off the media server connection in "Network--->Media Server Connection"? Because if you don't have an active media server somewhere nearby, it will just cause PSN troubles.

From,
Chris.

Ok, now I've a problem:D. I know its been asked 100 times, but everyones case is different. I bought the broadband on my college campus, and its great, but it wont let me sign into the PSN, the internet will work but the PSN wont. Any idea of how I could solve this? Thanks in advance.👍

I've been on vacation to the Riviera Maya in Mexico at least once a year for the past twelve years. Every single one of the resorts that we have stayed in has had restrictions on accessing game related websites....every single one.

I have never been able to access GameFaqs for example, because it is a restricted site at these resorts. I saw a post by someone in another thread, and he/she was complaining about the same thing that at his/her college campus. I will bet you ten dollars to a doughnut that that is the problem that you are having, and that it has nothing to do with the PS3.

I've been on vacation to the Riviera Maya in Mexico at least once a year for the past twelve years. Every single one of the resorts that we have stayed in has had restrictions on accessing game related websites....every single one.

I have never been able to access GameFaqs for example, because it is a restricted site at these resorts. I saw a post by someone in another thread, and he/she was complaining about the same thing that at his/her college campus. I will bet you ten dollars to a doughnut that that is the problem that you are having, and that it has nothing to do with the PS3.

I dont think its blocked as such, but I do think that they have held back some internet services for some reason which the PSN and windows messenger needs to operate. I've emailed the people in charge of it and waiting to see if they'll 'un-block' it. Hopefully they will. I dont bare to think about life without the PSN :scared: :crazy:!

@Wallrunner, I seen that a few posts down about the media server, so that was the first thing I done. 👍

14 unannounced games at Sony TGS booth.
http://kotaku.com/5056721/sony-booth-will-have-14-unannounced-titles-playable-at-tgs

Eleven of them will be PS3 games. Nine from Sony, one from Irem (R-Type developer), and one from Konami.

My toes just curled for Konami...

Zone of the Enders 3, Metal Gear Solid 5: Super Robot Battle EX!... hell, it could be just DDR for PS3 and I'd still **** my pants.

TGS starts on October 9th.

Probably something like DJ Revolution or Drum Revolution.

With Konami it can be huge or something that makes me cringe. They have such a wide range of titles that someone will be disappointed.

Is there some kind of auto net shut off feature or something? Anytime my Ps3 needs to update something (which is painfully often) it's a [censored][censored] chore. I mean christ... it gets half or 2/3s of the way and then fails. I've always hated updates on this thing. :mad:

edit: Oh yeah, My [censored] arse it resumes from where the d/l left off... it's NEVER done that. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Is there some kind of auto net shut off feature or something? Anytime my Ps3 needs to update something (which is painfully often) it's a [censored][censored] chore. I mean christ... it gets half or 2/3s of the way and then fails. I've always hated updates on this thing. :mad:

edit: Oh yeah, My [censored] arse it resumes from where the d/l left off... it's NEVER done that. :rolleyes:
Are you referring to Gran turismo or something else? GT5P is the only game I know that claims to resume from where it left off, and from what I can tell it does, but the progress bar does reset, you'll just notice it moves much faster when it finishes.

As for any other game; none of them say they do that. But then I have not had any other game have an error during an update. In that case, could it be your system/network? Or you are updating a game that I don't have?

I would love to help you trouble shoot this, but your post was high on emotion and low on details.

Welcome to a beta. You are testing for problems, not playing a demo.

In the LBP beta I had an issue getting my scores to upload on the first night. That is what we are there to do, find the problems so that they can be fixed.

As for Prologue.....My best guess is that Polyphony Digital is doing things their own way, as usual, and once they figure it out it will work great in the future.

d/ling an update is one thing, glitches in a Beta is another. I'm just purely talking about GETTING Any d/l to a PS3. It's a chore. I don't think I've ever been able to d/l anything on the first try.

d/ling an update is one thing, glitches in a Beta is another. I'm just purely talking about GETTING Any d/l to a PS3. It's a chore. I don't think I've ever been able to d/l anything on the first try.
Check your network. I will rarely get a connection error when getting stuff from the PSN Store and every time a system reboot fixes it.

I have never had an issue with firmware upgrades or games, outside of Prologue.

Right so I havent been able to sign into the PSN for awhile. I thought/think it is because the people who control the network have not yet forwarded a port for the playstations. However recently I've been getting a network timed out message rather then the error code, so I'm wondering have they forwarded the port and now there is another problem, or have they not forwarded it yet? And is it a big job to forward these, because its been 2 weeks now, and they are busy but come on?

Well, I've moved recently, using a completely different network now that I've little or no control over. And I'm really annoyed I cant download the new GT5P update, or even play online. :(

Back