PS3 General Discussion

Have you tried turning off the media server connection?

Yep...

I had some issues last night. It started out very smooth but by about 10:00 PM ET stuff was crawling.

lol, ha ha! ur the problem! I was FINALLY able to d/l the stupid 1.50 update for Socom. I Started the game and it ask me to update to 1.60. 👎:grumpy:

PS3 - The Ultimate Updating Simulator.

I just dropped a sheep from 50 yards in the Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway demo... and when two of his mates stuck their noses in, I blew them sky high with a hand grenade... :dopey:

I've been waiting on it for some time, and it looks pretty good, but it didn't blow me away... the initial training, however, is pretty funny... your first taste of targeting and shooting is to hit some glass bottles standing on a wall in the distance... but there are sheep wandering about immediately behind them, and I'm sorry, but the temptation was just too much to resist!

I've been waiting on it for some time, and it looks pretty good, but it didn't blow me away... the initial training, however, is pretty funny... your first taste of targeting and shooting is to hit some glass bottles standing on a wall in the distance... but there are sheep wandering about immediately behind them, and I'm sorry, but the temptation was just too much to resist!

I like the depth of field in this game, but graphics aren't superb.
The camera in cover mode doesn't always work, sometimes the helmet blocks your view.

But about blowing away, grenades are real fun in this game.
Just position your troops to give cover, move closer to the enemy and throw a grenade at them.

Produces some 'funny' scenes:
p1000845nn6.jpg

Excuse my stupidity, but does that mean it will be possible to stream almost all online videos, such as channel4s catch-up or RTEs Live TV??
If they are using a Flash-based player, like a You Tube player, yes.

Some sites use different media player plug-ins, like Windows Media Player or Quicktime, and those will likely never work.

It also means more playable Flash games.

Also hopefully Hulu.com for the US.

And I think I found an official confirmation.

http://threespeech.com/blog/2008/10/new-info-on-the-firmware-updates-for-ps3-and-psp/

Last edited:
:bowdown: EA's presentation of Dead Space.

I'm going to wait and play it during the last week of October for a scarier mood.

It got excellent reviews though, I plan on at least giving it a rent to see if it as good as the reviewers say it is.

It got excellent reviews though, I plan on at least giving it a rent to see if it as good as the reviewers say it is.
Yeah, I am hesitant about another survival horror game, but I will give it a try.

Its lead platform was the Ps3 version. It looks cool. Army of Two was the same like burnout paradise. All of them turned of pretty good from reviews. There will not be a demo i read somewhere.

Will dead space have a demo?, as its lead platform was the PS3 im eager to give it a try although im not all that into those games, I did play Doom 3 and thought it was quite decent.

Robin

The music is quite good and it looks fine. It does remind me of Doom 3, the scenario anyway. Definately worth a look. But there are so many games coming out between now and the end of the year. I doubt I can get them all.

Just so you know the playstation store appears to be down everywhere as well as account management, more info here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=89422&page=71

I got the email about that a two days ago. This shouldn't be a surprise, unless you didn't get the email.

Odd enough, we in the US already had the shutdown about a week ago. Japan, was today, too. Not sure if everyone had the shutdown, or if there is a problem, but seems like Sony are preparing for something big.

(Home)

Yeah this is most likely them prepping the network for Home, but it may just be the first in a series of outages before it actually lands..

This was unscheduled emergency maintenance.

It seems that there may have been a glitch allowing people to add money to their acount without any payment info entered. If I find a link confirming it I wll post it.

Part III (in the trying to sign-in to the Playstation3 saga!): I went to the services desk yesterday on campus to see if they would open the ports for the Playstation. They said they would open them if I sent them a list of the ones that needed to be open. Is this just a round about way of telling me that they arent going to open them??

Can I just send them a few of the ports listed here http://portforward.com/cports.htm , that refer to me?

Last edited:
Yes! I managed to order Rock Band 2 for $57.98, including shipping, from an Amazon.com store. :D
In case you hadn't heard there is a Nirvana 7 song pack coming out this week. It is pretty much all of Nevermind, minus Smells Like Teen Spirit, Come As You Are, and Lithium. I can only assume those are being saved for something later.

Back