PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup | Grand Finale Results & Points Posted!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,144 comments
R1600Turbo
Quick note to everyone that doesn't know, this race will be run into night time, so you might want to practice this track in the dark as well. ;)

RT,

Can I just add you to get this track for practice?

Yes, it will reach out and grab you. :sly:

Pretty sure it comes from the pit-lane signs. If pit lane was a pinch farther away from the corner it wouldn't be an issue. But if we treat it like there's a guard-rail just past the white line it's not a problem.

One thing to watch out for is the invisible wall on the outside of the last corner. Keep all 4 wheels on asphalt to be safe ;)

Yes me and that wall became great friends during testing for Murray Valley, can be a big problem with damage on so watch out guys.

Love that track though, hopefully that means I'll run good there.

Congrats to Dethc0re6 for the Tokyo victory and a good result for my RIP brother, DMH! Just a shame you bumped my team mate Dom (GTP_CSL) down a spot :D

Turned some laps at Murray Valley last night and managed a best lap of 1'12.5xx, which seemed pretty quick to me. Suspension left the same as Tokyo, with gears adjusted as required. A tricky track due to a number of blind apexes, but some fun corners out there 👍 One thing to watch out for is the invisible wall on the outside of the last corner. Keep all 4 wheels on asphalt to be safe ;)

Pit speed limit is 100MPH, btw. ;)
Tried at 105 and got a reset, also at full speed.(115 ish)

Anyone got a tune to share? I was using Wardez's Spa suspension tune with my own attempt at a tranny tune. My best time was 15.0, but I know I had the speed to run a mid 14 if I could put all my best sectors together.

RT, great job with the track. It's an absolute blast to run. Has the 2nd custom track been decided yet?

how do i get murray valley circuit?
You'll have to be friends with someone that has it (Turbo and myself have it). Then:

From GT5 Home Menu:

1. Go into Community
2. Select friend that has track
3. Click on Track Icon (Usually the only one that's not greyed out)
4. Download

Only spent an hour practicing, and I got my time down to a 13 flat. I can definitely do a 12.5, but I'm not bothering searching for it. Will Q tomorrow, run on Sunday, and probably hang up the helmet after that.

Not to be mean but if you don't plan on finishing the season, I think another driver would like your spot on the grid. :)

Not to be mean but if you don't plan on finishing the season, I think another driver would like your spot on the grid. :)
I'm really not sure at the moment. When I get all moody like this, my mind goes all over the place.

I'll just be quiet from now on, and not cause any more trouble.
MÜLE_9242;6745836
I'll just spell it out. I was confident on winning yesterday, and that DC was a sucker punch in the gut.

Deep down you know you can't quit. ;)

If I can't quit despite the fact that I finish in last, or close to it, every race, I can't imagine someone quitting because they're frustrated with their average finish of 4th place :crazy:

Last edited:
I don't see Jeff Gordon quitting after blowing his engine last night, which is essentially what you did.

Only spent an hour practicing, and I got my time down to a 13 flat. I can definitely do a 12.5, but I'm not bothering searching for it. Will Q tomorrow, run on Sunday, and probably hang up the helmet after that.

13.5 for me after an hour, seems like every corner has a much more time in it.
14.0 at night, I think some guys get faster after dark so that is the number I wish to improve the most.

MÜLE_9242;6748776
I don't see Jeff Gordon quitting after blowing his engine last night, which is essentially what you did.
You could have chosen a more likable reference like Mark Martin, Kasey Kahne, or Jamie McMurray. :yuck:

Out of respect for everyone here, I'll finish what I started, that is, if my wheel holds up. Yesterday, it inexplicably yanked hard left on me twice, and then it wobbled all over the place. It took me multiple replugging before it went back to normal. I really hope that was just a random occurrence. :nervous:

Anyways, going to need a fellow steward to watch me Q sometime today.

Latest Posts

Back