PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup | Grand Finale Results & Points Posted!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,144 comments
Managed a time of 12.3. Track has good flow to it, but what custom track doesn't when you get it right. Seems like this track punishes when you go wide a little, not like other tracks where you can adjust mid corner.

You could have chosen a more likable reference like Mark Martin, Kasey Kahne, or Jamie McMurray. :yuck:

Out of respect for everyone here, I'll finish what I started, that is, if my wheel holds up. Yesterday, it inexplicably yanked hard left on me twice, and then it wobbled all over the place. It took me multiple replugging before it went back to normal. I really hope that was just a random occurrence. :nervous:

Anyways, going to need a fellow steward to watch me Q sometime today.

Keep that DS3 close!

Yeah haha, trying to switch to the pad 'cause a wheel broke is just not adviseable for me. I'd become a freaking moving dangerous chicane, just can't go back, I've tried. I have my Fanatec CSR as my back up, thank god.

Yeah haha, trying to switch to the pad 'cause a wheel broke is just not adviseable for me. I'd become a freaking moving dangerous chicane, just can't go back, I've tried. I have my Fanatec CSR as my back up, thank god.
A Fanatec is your back up? What do you normally use?

I need to get a bunch of you together probably this weekend, to test the 6 tracks I have gathered and to pick a winner.
I'd be interested in taking part even if I don't have any input into the decision process, if you don't mind. I'm curious about the tracks and would like to try them out to learn a little.

carracerptp
A Fanatec is your back up? What do you normally use?

He has a whole miata in his living room wired up to the ps3

Room up: 1472-6118-3701-4255-4830

Last edited:
I rock my trusty G27. Bought the CSR for Forza, tried making it my all-in-one rig but I just couldn't get used to it with GT5. Forced myself to try and use it for a while but I just couldn't race the same. Once I went back to my G27 it was quite relieving and bounced back.

I'd be interested in taking part even if I don't have any input into the decision process, if you don't mind. I'm curious about the tracks and would like to try them out to learn a little.

Actually it will be everyone's decision that is in the room. You guys will be racing on it, so I want everyone to find the one that they think fits best with these cars. We have 6 to test and need to narrow it down to 1.

I've only had my G27 since October, and I've already forgotten how to drive with the DS3.

Hey RT, maybe there should be a rule in place for the pit entry. Since there is no clear area to slow down you have to brake on track to get in pits. And everyone doesn't know each others pit strategy, if two car are following closely and one decides to pit; the car behind won't know and could run into him. The rule could be: Cars must come to center of track when coming towards pit entry.

There's only one advantage I get via a DS3. Chicanes. Don't know why but the wheel feels so cumbersome going through those. I sometimes think something's broken inside.

There was a point where I was good with the pad, way back when they had the GT5 Time Trial Challenge at Indy Road Course.
Hey RT, maybe there should be a rule in place for the pit entry. Since there is no clear area to slow down you have to brake on track to get in pits. And everyone doesn't know each others pit strategy, if two car are following closely and one decides to pit; the car behind won't know and could run into him. The rule could be: Cars must come to center of track when coming towards pit entry.
I'll second the idea. I'll add that we should considering applying this for pit exit as well.

I'm still asking for a steward, maybe sometime tomorrow? Anyone? :confused:

I have a room up if outlaws still on:

1472-6118-4259-7713-0576

Gonna say it now: worst pit entry ever.

Edit: closed

Last edited:

I'll second the idea. I'll add that we should considering applying this for pit exit as well.

Not really sure there's an easy way to go about it other than to make sure you leave a cars width between you and the edge of the track.

Wow, I'm having a very difficult time with this track. I'm far behind the curve here. I'll be looking for / opening a practice room 3:30pm est.

The pit exit is what has me worried, when it gets dark....

Yeah might not be avoidable unless you stay to the left going down the straightaway. There's not really anything the person on pit road can do entering and exiting, so it'll be up to everyone else to make sure they keep clear of the entrance and exit.

Also remember we have safety car periods now so if something catastrophic happens, I'll be watching.

You don't have to brake to enter the pits without penalty, just let off at the right time.

The same outlaw that was quitting? the mid-packer that averages a top 5 every race?

:lol:

Heads up guys, Facebook is letting people with fan pages to upgrade to the timeline setup now. So we are officially updated. :)

facebook1.jpg

I would like to run my Q session tonight, but I saw this.
picture.php

When I was lapping (finally got down to a 13.2 - had a 12 but lost it on the last sector), I was going with four tires on track = clean. But then I noticed the white lines. You can be still on the track, but be past the white line.

So, is this considered dirty or do we amend the ORL here like the wall contact at Tokyo?

Back