PURE | GATE 2 - GT300 - Season winners - tony1311 and Team Wedssport

Koleen
I don't know if you read my thread, but I was cause to the accident, but what can I do? Reason, 4 of the drivers where invisible to me(you included):ouch: I'll see if there is anything I can do, so that drivers will not be invisible like that in the future:idea:

IMO you should have left the room and returned, asking how many were in there. 6 of us were damaged.

Well now i know what caused all those cars to jump to the pits.

Im uploading the replay now Wardez , sorry for the delay .

Well trying to

Last edited:
Are you sure about that?

I'm yet to seen anything that indicates the opposite.

Before last race, Dave (Twist), Josh in a Lexus, and I did a test race. One lap before last we agreed to pit and see how much fuel each consumed. Dave in the Arta used 47l, me also in an Arta used 48l, and Josh in the Lexus also used 48l. The Lexus is 1190kg and the Arta 1125kg.

In the race yesterday I looked at the fuel consumption in the replay, and Watson in a light Honda seemed to have very high fuel consumption, higher than my 75kg heavier car and higher than another same car further down the field. Watson drove hard for the lead where I was sitting in draft in 4th and could do nothing for the first 10 laps sitting in the draft train. That more than anything seemed to impact the fuel consumption.

So in summary, I not 100& sure but what seems to impact fuel consumption is whether you're in draft or not, how much fuel you have in the tank, and how agressive you drive. Things like car weight/HP really seems secondary at most.

Just my 2 cents (but it would not surprise me if you will figure it out)

Btw, I just noticed that you're now a PURE Marshall SkengD. You're a great addition for the group, welcome to the Racing Evolution

:cheers:

Weight and power do matter, but individual to the car, just like all of hp and weight effects.
Say the Arta 08, is specced to 1175 and 325, it should be no match for the S2K, weighing 125kg less and having more front aero by 133.3%.

So each car has it's own usage, though they are all likely similar.
To test fuel, you must test 2 sets of tires, and measure the economy in practice back to back.
One set of xx laps from full to half, and one from half to empty.

In light of the incident at the start of this weeks D2 race, I would like to point out that such an event is covered in the OP.

Race start -
If three or more cars are involved in first lap incidents due to extenuating circumstances (lag, hardware failures, glitches, black screens) the race will be allowed to restart. Any driver can use the text chat to request a restart during the race. Simply call out for one and the host or acting leader can confirm the restart to the rest of the room. This restart will simply be another formation lap of the non-damaged cars while the damaged drivers repair their vehicles in the pits. The race will "restart" once every one is back in order at the same point it regularly started at on the track. All drivers must line back up in regular starting grid order according to qualifying times. If there was a clear offender that caused the crash, the room may elect to have the driver start at the back.
If multiple drivers are disconnected within the first two laps, a total restart will also be allowable as long as someone brings up the point in text chat during the race. Also, if a driver exits the race accidentally during a restart procedure it'll be left up to the room whether to completely restart or not.

I know it's lengthy but everyone should read through the OP. it would of meant not having your race ruined on lap 1.

Having said that, Koleen is looking into upgrading his Internet for future races.

Last edited:
Division 1 results

rHXPPl7.jpg

Could someone from D2 grab the results like this, showing the fastest laps and finishing intervals. Thanks

Last edited:
Pretty much if I'm racing a sprint race I pick the car that I'm the fastest with. But if we are racing a 300km race at nornal wear or an km race at fast wear then I usually pick the car that burns the less fuel. Imo even if I'm a 1 sec a lap slower I will make that time up picking up less fuel at my pit stop. I always check for tire degradation and fuel consumption before I pick a chassis.

Shameless self quote for enlightenment.

I got another question on the 2.500 final drive:
Currently I set my gears by starting with defaults, maxing out the final (far right), minimizing the top speed slider, sometimes adjusting the highest gear a bit, and then adjust the final drive to max out on the longest straight with about 500rpm left for drafts. I never really got into transmission fine tuning so I'm unsure about setting individual gears (what to look for).
Now to the question. How do you adjust for the top speed and keep the final gear at 2.500? Do you even adjust it or use one gearing for all tracks?

Thanks DW. didn't sers finish in time?
my picture resized :)
Third reign, i dont know either. i will take a look tomorrow and see what i can come up with 👍

Doesn't the point go to the fastest lap overall? Or are you doing one per division :P.

twistedfirework
Thanks DW. didn't sers finish in time?

Nope. Think he had just passed me on the back straight during cool down when time expired.

In light of the incident at the start of this weeks D2 race, I would like to point out that such an event is covered in the OP.

I know it's lengthy but everyone should read through the OP. it would of meant not having your race ruined on lap 1.

Having said that, Koleen is looking into upgrading his Internet for future races.

👍

Did a little practice run on GVS (can't post on that other page cuz i'm out of password again... Tim, think it was like ''changeme.....-something''?)

Anyway 39.653 / 37.306 / 40.857 = 1:57.816

it's really easy track to just drive but immensely demanding to master and wring all of those tenth's out of Her...

I want to notify the stewarts that I will be missng the next 2 races. I'm taking my girl out for valentines day, and the following week I have a shifter kart race. See you guys in some time from now! :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back