PURE | GATE 2 - GT300 - Season winners - tony1311 and Team Wedssport

I want to notify the stewarts that I will be missng the next 2 races. I'm taking my girl out for valentines day, and the following week I have a shifter kart race. See you guys in some time from now! :cheers:

Thanks for letting us know Joe đź‘Ť

To test fuel, you must test 2 sets of tires, and measure the economy in practice back to back.
One set of xx laps from full to half, and one from half to empty.

I tried to determine mine by running a tank dry in practice. :/

Did a little practice run on GVS (can't post on that other page cuz i'm out of password again... Tim, think it was like ''changeme.....-something''?)

Anyway 39.653 / 37.306 / 40.857 = 1:57.816

it's really easy track to just drive but immensely demanding to master and wring all of those tenth's out of Her...

Looks like I'm qualifying in D2 this week.

Did a little practice run on GVS (can't post on that other page cuz i'm out of password again... Tim, think it was like ''changeme.....-something''?)

Anyway 39.653 / 37.306 / 40.857 = 1:57.816

it's really easy track to just drive but immensely demanding to master and wring all of those tenth's out of Her...
Hmm, coming up a bit short at S1 for me. Just ran a .350, plus I ran ten laps to figure out my mileage. I thought it would change somewhat based on my revised setup...

...45 liters over 10 laps. Still guzzling gas. :grumpy:

Edit: Not going on the board because it was done with low fuel but...

39.553 | 36.990 | 40.456 = 1:56.999

Last edited:
Hey guys, I would greatly appreciate a chance to race with all of you. I signed up on the PURE site. I won't be available to participate until this coming friday, but if you have any free spots available for me I won't miss a race.

Hmm, coming up a bit short at S1 for me. Just ran a .350, plus I ran ten laps to figure out my mileage. I thought it would change somewhat based on my revised setup...

...45 liters over 10 laps. Still guzzling gas. :grumpy:

Edit: Not going on the board because it was done with low fuel but...

39.553 | 36.990 | 40.456 = 1:56.999

I ran about 20 laps and ended up with a 58.1xx.

:ouch:

Hey guys, I would greatly appreciate a chance to race with all of you. I signed up on the PURE site. I won't be available to participate until this coming friday, but if you have any free spots available for me I won't miss a race.

Would love to have you đź‘Ť

by the time Friday rolls around we'll have a much clearer picture of the state of the teams (we're currently reworking some aspects of it right now) we'll be able to let you know what cars are available.

Cheers

Doesn't really help as I already know the line. But you were able to take a few corners with a lot more speed. I'll just tweak the setup a few times and if I can't find the speed I'll just go with it.

Try 2.5 FD - top speed better?
Don't think it's that. The Arta can really go in deep in the 2nd tunnel and maintain grip, but I can't do the same with the Cusco. I'm going to guess that's the reason why my Sector 3 is where it is right now.

Don't think it's that. The Arta can really go in deep in the 2nd tunnel and maintain grip, but I can't do the same with the Cusco. I'm going to guess that's the reason why my Sector 3 is where it is right now.

Cool video. The cars have different strengths/weaknesses. When I tested the Arta '08 my conclusion is that it has the best cornering grip of all cars, so in turns like the 2nd tunnel I don't think any car can keep the same speed. Btw, the weakness is straightline speed and its a tricky drive too.

Clarification in the track boundaries (and its probaby just me). At the exit of the first tummel just before the bridge I've typically gone quite wide thinking the rail is the track limit. But there is a white line there, so I assume that line is the track bounary.

Tried the track a bit yesterday and got into the 1.57.3 on a three timed lap stint.

I will be posting the track specifics later today. The line you are referring to before the bridge is a road marking and not a boundary line. It is ok to cross that line.

Cool video. The cars have different strengths/weaknesses. When I tested the Arta '08 my conclusion is that it has the best cornering grip of all cars, so in turns like the 2nd tunnel I don't think any car can keep the same speed. Btw, the weakness is straightline speed and its a tricky drive too.
I question the first one, but agree on the second. The rear can get rather drifty, but I actually like that, and even use it to my advantage. That's probably why my rears are cooked at the end of the stint. :lol:
Tried the track a bit yesterday and got into the 1.57.3 on a three timed lap stint.
Well, in that case, I might actually Q the first chance I get. Gonna set the bar high. :)

impressive lap outlaw!!! your car goes where u want... with mine the rear always wants pass before the front !
U'r a pgm of settup ;)

still nobody that wants to answer my question on the 2.500 fd?

Sorry about that! I kept meaning to respond.

Anyway, once you set the final drive to default you can set the top speed with the top speed slider. After that, just move 1st gear all the way to the right and top gear all the way to the left (if I got it right). Obviously setting the top gear to the left reduces top speed, so you'll set the slider to above the top speed you want so that when you reduce the top gear it'll be at the right speed as shown.

After that, just evenly space out the middle gears, or adjust them to the track as you'd like/need.

And on that bombshell, goodbye!

We have decided to drop the Superautobacs MR-S from the series. This also means a slight reshuffle.
Litchi has moved to the S2000 LM
Stretch to the Subaru '08
CSL to the Subaru '03
We are also welcoming tony into the Celica.

FDU4wjK.png

Thanks to Eddie for the graphic and the PURE site will be updated in due course.

We have decided to drop the Superautobacs MR-S from the series. This also means a slight reshuffle.
Litchi has moved to the S2000 LM
Stretch to the Subaru '08
CSL to the Subaru '03
We are also welcoming tony into the Celica.

FDU4wjK.png

Thanks to Eddie for the graphic and the PURE site will be updated in due course.

Hi, correct TOXTAX to TOXTAS

Round 3 | Grand Valley Speedway | Specifics

6jBFD7w.png

1MocaTQ.jpg

6jBFD7w.png

picture.php

6jBFD7w.png

≡Qualifying ≡

Event information - Saturday, February 16th

Qualifying deadline: 09.00 UTC | 01.00 PST |04.00 EST

one outlap - three timed laps - one chance.
All qualifying will be done in public race rooms.
Only selected PURE officials may observe qualifying session.

6jBFD7w.png

≡Track Notes ≡

Track boundaries for all races in GATE 2 are universally defined as follows:
The white lines along the edge of the track are considered to be the track boundaries. These lines continue onto the rumble strips at each corner. At no point should there be no more than two wheels over those lines/rumble strips. two tires must remain in contact with the track at all times. The preceding defines the "track." hard surfaces beyond white lines and curbing/rumble strips such as concrete, "greencrete", or turf and other run off is not considered to be track. White lines, curbing/rumble strips are track and even if you only have two tires on their very edges (to be reviewed and confirmed by as steward) it will be considered clean.

6jBFD7w.png

≡Track Specific ≡

Pit Entry: Only thing to keep in mind is to not enter too fast. The game will penalise you or even hold you in the pits with no release. DO NOT use any barriers or walls as guide or to gain time/speed.

Pit Exit: Make sure to respect the white pit exit lines. You can cross them, but only if you're 100% sure that the track is clear.
As always, if an incident occurs as a result from a driver crossing the line (Either the one on track, or the one exiting the pits), it is the driver that crossed the line who is at fault

≡Running Wide ≡

There's a few spots to be extra careful at.
  1. Turn 5 kink, be sure to keep 2 wheels on the rumble strips.
  2. turn 7 exit and turn 8, same again, keep 2 wheels on the rumble strips, the concrete patches beyond the rumbles is out of bounds.
  3. turn 12 exit before the bridge, the white line is a road marking and not a track boundary, it is ok to cross that line.
  4. turn 15, keep 2 wheels on the rumble strips
  5. turn 16 exit, the large concrete patch is not part of the track, be sure to keep 2 wheels on the rumble strips.
≡Fuel ≡

The in-game fuel calculator doesn't function correctly. You must do a test run of approx half distance and calculate your own fuel usage. If you follow the guidelines set by the game, you will run out of fuel

6jBFD7w.png

Unable to race this week
Joshua1994
basse-101
joetruckv8
BAZZER
paulmac2k9
TOXTAS
WiiFreak

Last edited:

Judging by the way you pulled on me at Motegi, I would say the Subaru has weaker straight line speed than the Arta...

Back