PURE | GT4 Cup: Season 3 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 1,478 comments
You know how WRS is Biffy. Dirty is dirty, regardless of track/time gained. :)

True, that is a good point, I know that better than most actually :crazy:

I need to stop taking so many risks lol.

D1 Room Number: 1472-6399-8408-2431-9369

D2 Room Number: 1472 6118 4130 9219 3814

Please make sure you know your grid position. It has changed quite a bit in the last few minutes. Phil, you're 5th.

GRID

Another thing. As the races are about to start, there's no moving between D1 and D2. E.g. RT hasn't shown up in the D1 room yet, but this still doesn't mean cicua can move up.

Last edited:
Thank you PSN for signing me out on lap2 ... that was exactly what I wanted. >:E

Sorry Adam; I've yet to have any fun in this car and a random disconnect is pushing me toward vacating my seat for someone who can have fun.
I'll wait until I cool off to make any final decision on whether I want to stick with it.

I was doing...all right. After some early race confusion (with others...although my driving wasn't so great either). I managed to catch up to RFLX_Niop and pass him after the pit stop, and could see the leaders (or at least Biffy)...and was running decent laps. Then my brake decided to start sticking. If only it was on Sunday, I would have fixed it by then...and if I had realized this race was on Saturday. ^^; Oh well. Sticking around in the room to save the replay in case you want pictures Adam.

Also, visual damage was on. Probably by mistake. I made a huuuuge mistake in the "regulations test" part. ^^; It didn't look good on me, but it was only because I don't run these kind of races.

Last edited:
Adam, I'm going to send you a PM. There was an incident in the race you need to look at.

Gonna take a video of it and post it to YouTube.

So how did D2 go?

D1 was good overall.

Longbow, you're saying you hosted? Who ever did, I need a list of the results and fastest laps :)

I was doing...all right. After some early race confusion (with others...although my driving wasn't so great either). I managed to catch up to RFLX_Niop and pass him after the pit stop, and could see the leaders (or at least Biffy)...and was running decent laps. Then my brake decided to start sticking. If only it was on Sunday, I would have fixed it by then...and if I had realized this race was on Saturday. ^^; Oh well. Sticking around in the room to save the replay in case you want pictures Adam.

Also, visual damage was on. Probably by mistake. I made a huuuuge mistake in the "regulations test" part. ^^; It didn't look good on me, but it was only because I don't run these kind of races.

I was looking forward to a battle with you(or try to keep up with you). It's unfortunate you have a mechanical failure, because I was pretty much out on an island the whole race. Also, that wasn't Biffy just up ahead. It ended up being Jay2DaB329, Biffy was miles ahead.

I ended up messing up my teammate on pit road, so I gotta say sorry to Nepal. It was just bad timing really, as I was coming into my pit stall he was leaving and it made him wait for me.

I really enjoyed that, best time on GT5 yet. Really enjoyed having a battle with Litchi & Mule, that was the highlight. Target was to finish in the same place I started, 8th from 12. Didn't meet it this time, but if next weeks track is good with me I might manage it. Will make sure I get more sleep too, 3 hours sleep before being up at 2:15am meant I was falling asleep a bit by the time lap 30 got here.

Cheers :).

I had a good race at the back after sneaking into Division 1 :D, Pag wasn't for giving me 9th place but had fun trying to get by him :).

The pit is really a major factor here. I had Nepalii filling up my rear mirror for all of stint 1, we went to pits together, but I got out 2.7secs ahead, and maintained that gap until the end. Not sure I could have lost him in any other way.

-- Edit
Pro tips for guys getting lapped: Do not go that much out of the way. You need to make it reasonably easy to overtake you, but you do not have to destroy your own pace. Just allow the pass when on a straight. You may swing over to the far side, but I actually prefer if you keep your line predictably. And while you must allow the pass, it is still my job to do it safely, which means I do not expect to overtake inside the kink just because I happened to reach your bumper in the brake zone before it! Just go through and allow the overtake when we reach wide road again! :)

Last edited:
I was looking forward to a battle with you(or try to keep up with you). It's unfortunate you have a mechanical failure, because I was pretty much out on an island the whole race.
Same here, the support for my pedal box was slowly getting crushed and I found it hard to brake consistently at first.
Also got involved in an early lap incident, it was one of those "cork in the bottle" situations that caused it.

Well my race started miserably. Almost immediately got passed and moved back to 7th. Then in the lat bit of corners I guess the cold tires didn't want to hang on because I lost control and nosed it into the wall dropping to 9th. Then made another mistake the next lap going into that 🤬 kink on the back. (I really hate that corner) So after 2 laps I found myself running 10th out of 12. :(

After settling down and waiting for the tires to reach the point where I could click off some good times, fought my way back up to where I started (7th) and caught up to the lead group of cars just as they were pitting. I was going to pit with that group of cars but one of them almost lost it coming in. A tight pit road entrance would have been disaster if I went for it, so I decided to wait a lap. Pitted and watched the leaders cruise by, but came out in front of outlaw4rc and TheOutlaw putting me in 5th. Fought them off on cold tires and through a mistake or two, and hunkered down for some more quick laps.

With about 5 to go my tires were done for. Took me a couple laps of mistakes to learn how to drive the car again on worn tires and managed to catch up to tony, Welsh and Wardez. Thankfully a mistake by tony allowed me to have that spot, and on the last lap Welsh made a mistake coming through the kink that found us going into the last section side by side. I had the inside line though so was able to hang onto it, giving me 3rd place. :)

Overall a disastrous start and happy to come away with a good finish. I would have been happy finishing anywhere above where I started.

After thinking about it the only thing the Z needs is torque which is simply not available, so it'll just have to be the way it is. Car is now broken in, so we'll see how it goes.

And not to take anything away from Aderrrm who won the D1 race, but I get the drive of the race award. (Because I say so :P)

Same here, the support for my pedal box was slowly getting crushed and I found it hard to brake consistently at first.
Also got involved in an early lap incident, it was one of those "cork in the bottle" situations that caused it.

It looked like you got caught in the hornets nest that was right behind my back bumper in the first few laps. I was worried I was going to get sucked in, but it ended up working out in my favor instead and I was able to get away.

So how did D2 go?

D1 was good overall.

Longbow, you're saying you hosted? Who ever did, I need a list of the results and fastest laps :)

Haha, noooo. I should have worded that more carefully. I was simply commenting on the visual damage being on that's all. The other part was me explaining that I was an idiot. ^^;

I was looking forward to a battle with you(or try to keep up with you). It's unfortunate you have a mechanical failure, because I was pretty much out on an island the whole race. Also, that wasn't Biffy just up ahead. It ended up being Jay2DaB329, Biffy was miles ahead.

Oh yeah? That's probably about right, he would have been... It was too bad, yeah. I was enjoying our race!

Ahh, that is unfortunate... And there were a few early lap incidents that were tough to avoid on this track.

Alright, so my race was actually pretty eventful. Racing against those Vantages and 370Zs can be pretty stressful when they just pull away from you on the straights.

Had a good battle with Reality early. I would catch up or pass him in the corners, only for him to drive right by me on the straights. I think we may have touched each other a few times, too, but nothing that hurt either of us. Eventually I got by him and he must have lost it in turn 2, because he vanished.

After that battle I had some clean air, but my tires were worn. Managed to keep my rhythm and held on and pit on lap 17/18. Came out infront of Jay and on lap 20, then was when we had our incident. I'll Let Adam and Eddie be the judge of it.

Inherited 6th after Longbow had his brake failure, and managed to hold off a c\harging Litchi in the closing laps to bring it home in 6th.

I don't know how a race can be this frustrating and this fun at the same time, but it was. :lol:

MÜLE_9242;6733055
Alright, so my race was actually pretty eventful. Racing against those Vantages and 370Zs can be pretty stressful when they just pull away from you on the straights.
Yeah true. Our cars did well in the corners but the straights were massive!
Saw the replay, all I can say is I wish I could've seen my side mirrors, would've saved me tons of grief.

I couldn't overtake at all on straights, even with the draft. The draft only helped the M3 to stay in the same speed of the cars in front of me.
On the other hand, the Vettes and Zs could pass me easily.

If you think the M3 is bad, try passing with the Evora. You pretty much have to drive way more defensive just to keep them behind you, and even then, they'll still drive right by you on the straights.

MÜLE_9242;6733055

Had a good battle with Reality early. I would catch up or pass him in the corners, only for him to drive right by me on the straights. I think we may have touched each other a few times, too, but nothing that hurt either of us. Eventually I got by him and he must have lost it in turn 2, because he vanished.

After that battle I had some clean air, but my tires were worn. Managed to keep my rhythm and held on and pit on lap 17/18. Came out infront of Jay and on lap 20, then was when we had our incident. I'll Let Adam and Eddie be the judge of it.

Inherited 6th after Longbow had his brake failure, and managed to hold off a c\harging Litchi in the closing laps to bring it home in 6th.

I don't know how a race can be this frustrating and this fun at the same time, but it was. :lol:

Cheers for the mention :). I remember one point where I got past Litchi, then made a mistake n you both flew by only for me to overtake you a short while later iirc. If we got $5 everytime we changed positions we'd both be able to have a steering wheel (or a replacement).

I had a good race at the back after sneaking into Division 1 :D, Pag wasn't for giving me 9th place but had fun trying to get by him :).

yea had a great battle with you, I was determined to keep 9th as it meant I gain a position, hope I wasn't too aggressive.
I forgot to save replay would of liked to watch us side by side through turn 1 till 4 or 5 lol

Back