PURE | GT4 Cup: Season 3 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 1,478 comments
Well you can't change your colour once you race at Rome.

So I'm putting you down for red with black rims? What rim design do you have?

Alright then mate, leave it with us. Probably be whatever colour we turn up in lol.

If you can hang on for about 2/3 hours I'll have/be in a practise/qualifying room later on, and if I can get a good tune worked out, I'll pass it on to you. So far my PB is 12.9xx :scared:
Im on a 13.4 mate, I find it really difficult to be precise on this track in cockpit view, should I switch to the bonnet cam?
I get alot of rear lockup here so I've had to change the differential braking setting compared to last time.
Also I've moved the ballast all the way forward, seems to help stopping.
Yeah I'll go wash up and have a light nap hopefully that'll help and I'll seeya later.:)

tony1311 qualifying times, stewarded by GTP_Biffy and LongbowX.

Lap 1 - 1:12.150
Lap 2 - 1:12.056

Both clean.

Race Information - Race 1: ROME

Laps will be set to 35.

Pits: The Pits will open on lap number 15 (as in the top left corner of your screen) and close on lap 21 (as in the top left corner of your screen). Therefore you may pit on laps 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21. Failing to do so will result in a 5 second penalty.

That's all. Have fun everyone and keep it clean. 👍​

wait.... I'm not allowed to 2 stop?​

Of course you can Tim, but 1 of them must be in the official pit window ;)

It sounds like they both do... which would limit my options even more than they already are.

I can't keep my manatee under 1:13 without melting the front left tire.
So I have two options... tune the car to protect the LF which makes it 1/2 second a lap slower. Or do 12 lap stints on a 2 stop.

oh, and on a 2 stop one would be before the window and one would be after. That window is only viable for a 1-stop.

man I wish this wasn't the only car open when I signed up

GTP_Biffy - Stewarded by LongbowX

1:12.876 + 5 Second Penalty - Hit the wall coming out of the kink.

GTP_timeattack - Stewarded by tony1311

1:12.349

The race lasts 40 mins. You'll only lose time if you 2 stop. You'll only gain a bit of time if you were punishing your tyres really hard. If you really want to 2 stop then you can pit before the window I guess... but I wouldn't advise it.

GTP_Biffy - Stewarded by LongbowX

1:12.876 + 5 Second Penalty - Hit the wall coming out of the kink.

GTP_timeattack - Stewarded by tony1311

1:12.349

Cheers. Was your other lap dirty too?

Anyone seen Stig around?

Stuck at the dealership getting a part replaced on my car. May miss the race, not sure how much longer it will be.

Yeah, right at the same place. So gutted as I didn't gain any time there, but that's the rules I guess.

I don't know if Sony changed their terms of service or something, but upon trying to sign in it tells me I have to accept the terms of service again... on my master account. The thing is my account is a sub-account and my dad owns the master account. I don't know the password for his account, so I can't accept the terms of service and thus I can't sign into my own account. My account wouldn't be a sub account if there was actualy a way to change it...

Anyways, I won't be able to race due to not being able to sign into my own account :ouch: I should still be able to make FMSC as my dad will be home by then.

EDIT: Texting my dad...

The race lasts 40 mins. You'll only lose time if you 2 stop. You'll only gain a bit of time if you were punishing your tyres really hard. If you really want to 2 stop then you can pit before the window I guess... but I wouldn't advise it.

Like me? :D Not sure I can survive on 1 stop.

I know I'll lose time. But after 8-10 laps the front left is so gone I have a real hard time keeping it out of the wall on the last corner. And it is more than "a bit" of time. It's 1/2 second per lap, and that gets even greater as the understeer builds.
I can't go below 1:13 without beating up that tire so my finish is going to be hopeless anyway. Mind as well two stop so it's at least fun while I'm on track. Rather than driving slow and babysitting the tires.

Yeah, right at the same place. So gutted as I didn't gain any time there, but that's the rules I guess.

it shouldn't be a penalty if no time gained, I taped the wall which resulted in loss of speed.
if biffy gets a penalty then its only fair I do but from my view no time was gained only lost

Stuck at the dealership getting a part replaced on my car. May miss the race, not sure how much longer it will be.

Give us an update in half an hour or so. 👍 Thanks for letting me know.

Like me? :D Not sure I can survive on 1 stop.

Taking it easy on your tyres will be better beneficial to you, rather than pushing and doing a 2 stop.

I don't know if Sony changed their terms of service or something, but upon trying to sign in it tells me I have to accept the terms of service again... on my master account. The thing is my account is a sub-account and my dad owns the master account. I don't know the password for his account, so I can't accept the terms of service and thus I can't sign into my own account. My account wouldn't be a sub account if there was actualy a way to change it...

Anyways, I won't be able to race due to not being able to sign into my own account :ouch: I should still be able to make FMSC as my dad will be home by then.

Ah unlucky Wii. :nervous: I had a similar problem on my old PS3 years a go. So annoying. Thanks for letting me know.

About penalties. I think if a lap should be dirty in any way, it should be a penalty, like WRS. I know WSGTC and PURE are a tad more lenient so for at least this week there'll be no penalty. We'll clear it up after today's race.

D1 host is me. Room will be up in 10 mins.

D2 host is GTP_Litchi.

These are the grids for the race here.

PP checks order:

Evora 499
Vantage 506
M3 506
370Z 506
Camaro 511
Maserati 512
Corvette 516

Thanks, I can provide a replay if needed to prove there was no time gained. I understand a lap being dirty on most other tracks if you go off-track or hit a wall, but a 5-second penalty for contact that slows you down does seem a bit harsh on tracks like Rome, Monaco and Madrid, where there are walls aplenty.

:(

If that grid holds up, I'll need to have the drive of my life. Blazing fast Maseratis and Adam in front, two aliens and Jason behind me. Only sleeping 4 hours doesn't help either. :nervous:

You know how WRS is Biffy. Dirty is dirty, regardless of track/time gained. :)

D1 Room Number: 1472-6399-8408-2431-9369

Back