PURE | GT4 Cup: Season 3 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 1,478 comments
It's more of a psychological thing than anything else. If not having a window magically spreads out pit stops, then it's all good. Otherwise, it was worth trying.

I don't consider 2.0 front camber to be aggressive but that's just me. I know I've ran around 1.4~1.6 lower last season, so I'll probably dial it back. I'm 99.9% certain it's going to do squat on front wear, though.

Rome just wasn't kind to the tires, and with the torrid pace, there was no way I could have saved the rubber to pit late. I was able to last week, though, and it paid off. I'm hoping wear isn't this bad again. :nervous: I'm tempted to have you use an Evora in a practice race in Rome and pit you against the two Maseratis. Based on the replay, you had your hands full trying to stay ahead of them. :lol:

Yeah. Like I said, I don't mind.

I'm not referring to camber as much as I am the setup in general. A more aggressive, oversteering tune with 0.5 camber will be the death of your tyres.

That's exactly what I'm trying to say. If everyone had cut back on their tyre wear even by 1%, it would have allowed them to pit at least on the half way mark (lap 18), I'm not trying to say you should use the whole pit window (up to 21). And if a few more people had done that, they would have saved time in the pits (when 7 or 8 people went in at once), and probably a bit of time where they might have lost out when their tyres were shot towards the very end of the race.

I don't mind about that race. :) Yeah they a bit faster than me in a straight, but my car handled on a bit better than their's. An Evora, on the other hand... :D

All I know is that Rome is a difficult track to break the draft on. There's no long sequence of corners where you can easily pull a 1 second gap, never mind a 1.5 second gap to break the draft. I remember taking the fast 100mph right really well on one lap and even though Wardez hit the barrier of that corner, the draft carried him up the hill through the final sector, and at the line was only 6 tenths behind me (which, annoyingly, looks a lot more in your rear view mirror).

Awesome video Mule :). Can't see where we had issue though tbh, Adam what's your thoughts?

Looks all good to me.

The only thing I noticed was CSL's Z was faster than me on the straight, but I could tell I an advantage through some corners. So made it pretty interesting trying to get by him think he ended up making a mistake or something can't remember. The cars seem pretty even I think :P

I was shocked how much more speed going in the corner I had over the Vette, then was conversely surprised how much faster on the straights it was.
Even apped a couple of people in the rear because of it. :P
Yeah as Aderrrm said, I was able to conserve tires much better in the second stint and settle into a 'flow' which helped alot.

Final Race Results: Round 1 Rome

DIVISION 1

GTP_Aderrrm 44:07.009 (1:11.443)
Wardez +09.076 (1:11.483)
R1600Turbo +11.407 (1:11.500)
RIP_Welsh-Bain +11.701 (1:11.579)
tony1311 +14.461 (1:11.701)
outlaw4rc +18.469 (1:1:11.963)
WiiFreak +18.875 (1:12.036)
GTP_timeattack +22.056 (1:11.576)
Paginas +27.170 (1:11.967)
greenarcotics +27.254 (1:11.512)
Minion07 +45.755 (1:12.365)
GTP_CSL +1:34.737 (1:23.137)

DIVISION 2

GTP_cicua 44:42.927 (1:12.446)
NEPALII +06.880 (1:12.112)
GTP_Biffy +08.146 (1:12.334)
RFLX_Niop +34.937
PepsiMaxCrew +53.298
MULE_9242 +1:03.641
GTP_Litchi +1:05.441
Jay_1086 +1:34.162
The-Reality-ca +1:51.061
Jay2DaB329 +2:07.173
LongbowX DNF
TnJF DNF

Congrats to all podium finishers and cicua for winning D2! Please post here or PM me as to what prize car you want me to send you (see OP).

OFFICIAL DRIVER AND TEAM STANDINGS
SERIES DRIVER AND TEAM STANDINGS

Next week is a custom track made by myself. You can download it on my share. Community > GTP_Aderrrm > Track List (on the left). The track can be widened/tightened, so give me your views. Hope you like it. :)

I think the problem is that some people may have picked the wrong cars.
I know I hate my pumpkin; and it's not that the specs are wrong or something. It's just that the car is the complete opposite of what I'm good at. The Lotus fits me like a glove though; if ponyboy isn't going to drive his or Mule wants to switch cars that would certainly help me stick with it and have fun.

I'm thinking I'll stick around regardless; since I'm not much of a quitter. But I just know it's going to be a grind with me fighting the car all season.

Cleared my PM box. Didn't expect so many PM's, sorry about that.

Pit Window/Pitting: So I'm going to make sure that the 40 minute race is not 1 second over 40 minutes. Rome would have probably been 33 laps including the formation lap, for example. This should help with the difference in car's tyre wear/driver's setup/driving style, which ever way you see it...

So the race was 35 laps. That would make 18 the optimum pitting in lap, seeing as there was a formation lap. Now, I can't see anyone pitting in at lap 15 or lap 22. What stumps me is that half of you are literally complaining about tyre wear, but because you lost time in the pits pitting in at the same lap as someone, you want rid of the pit window, but fail to see that pitting outside this pit window would probably destroy a good part of your race.

The problem is not the pit window, but the GT5 pits which are just... useless. What adds the problem (I think, at least, I still have to check the replay), is how much some of you are taking out of your tyres. I know TA for example, was using some pretty aggressive values in his tune. I think I'm right in saying (apologies if I'm wrong) that most of you (at least in D1) took so much out of their tyres in the first stint, that it was hard for you to pit at the half way mark (lap 18).

I know me and tony pitted on lap 16 and then 7 or 8 of you pitted the lap after and you guys were pretty close on track. Regardless, 7 or 8 people in a pit lane in GT5 isn't going to end well. You're going to lose time somewhere, you just have to deal with it the best you can. For example, using up a bit less of your tyres on the first stint and pitting in on lap 18 and 19. I know only 2 people pitted on lap 18. If you want to get rid of the pit window, then I'm fine with that, but I'll be noting down how many people will be pitting outside said window for upcoming tracks, who suddenly can cope with their tyres to be able to do so. ;)

Evora: I only did a few laps with it, but I ran a 11.7 so with a bit more time it probably would have been the fastest car around Rome, not to mention it's good tyre wear. You can't take the corner at the same speed as the guy behind you and then moan he trounced you within the first half of the straight. :P

Results will be up shortly!
All of this.

When car differences arise, people quickly forget things, and focus on "what my car can't do." I am absolutely positive you can pass any car here, in any car here. It might not be easy, but it can be done.
The main thing, is that you have to be lapping the track quicker. If you're running .5 slower a lap, why should you be able to pass the guy? 💡

I was passing people. They would just pass me back instantly, as you can see in my video.

MÜLE_9242;6738048
I was passing people. They would just pass me back instantly, as you can see in my video.

You also weren't taking the kink at > 100mph (the lotus was the only car I tested that can do it with ease) then going flat out down to the final double apex. That's how you stop the faster cars from jumping on you down the straight. The car's capable of pulling a gap before the straight.
Gotta remember you're driving a dancer not a fighter, you need to use the twisty bits to break draft and get gaps.

Dr_Watson
You also weren't taking the kink at > 100mph (the lotus was the only car I tested that can do it with ease) then going flat out down to the final double apex. That's how you stop the faster cars from jumping on you down the straight. The car's capable of pulling a gap before the straight.
Gotta remember you're driving a dancer not a fighter, you need to use the twisty bits to break draft and get gaps.

...I didn't even know I could do that.

Wow. :(

MÜLE_9242;6742608
...I didn't even know I could do that.

Wow. :(

Like I said before... If ponyboy isn't going to commit to driving his car I'd gladly take it and help you get more out of it.

I love it... only did 10 laps in it @ Rome after qualifying my m3 and with only gear tuning and "slap-on" suspension guesses I was already setting new PB times with potential for 1:11.

Here's a vid of 3 laps from my onboard of Rome. Cool stuff! :D

Things have died down from Rome now so here's a few things to discuss.

Qualifying dirty laps: I'm old school and think if a lap is definitely dirty even by the slightest of margins, it shouldn't count and a penalty added. I know some people allow some room for errors, and allow even more room for errors when time was lost. I suspect most people will agree with the latter.

Pit window: yay/nay? I want to keep it, as I have explained. :)

Bronzestone (custom eifel track): Do you not mind it, if yes then could it be tighter/wider? Some people so far have said it's just about right. Oh and ermm... here's a pic of it lol.

@Phil Nothing I can do about that sorry. There's no way to decrease the radius of the corners, only make them sharper. If the majority don't like it then we can replace it. Thanks for your feedback.

For the podium finishers that haven't checked out my results post yet then...

Race Prizes:

Division 1:
1st place: any car worth under 1,000,0000 from the NCD or OCD.
2nd place: any car worth 750,000 or under from the NCD or OCD.
3rd place: any car worth 500,000 or under from the NCD or OCD.

Division 2:
1st place: any car worth 750,000 or under from the NCD or OCD.
2nd place: any car worth 500,000 or under from the NCD or OCD.
3rd place: any car worth 250,000 or under from the NCD or OCD.

The initial reason to give out so many prizes was to attract drivers who we've never raced with before, mainly. That didn't seem to work. :lol: In fact I think it made it worse looking back at the new faces that joined in S1 and S2. But I'm still willing to give out the prizes as promised, unless you don't want them. :sly::)

Last edited:
Dr_Watson
Like I said before... If ponyboy isn't going to commit to driving his car I'd gladly take it and help you get more out of it.

I love it... only did 10 laps in it @ Rome after qualifying my m3 and with only gear tuning and "slap-on" suspension guesses I was already setting new PB times with potential for 1:11.

Oh you can't have my car ;) Schools killed me the last two weeks so getting up early on Saturday has been beyond me :P but I've got only one exam this week and my roommate moved out so no more snoring! I might actually get some sleep during the week. :dopey:

Yeayea I know, first world problems :P

couple of good overtakes in that vid :D, wardez must have been feeling the pressure with you all over his rear :lol:.

Bronzestone hopefully get a chance to practice tonight so can't comment yet and no need to send me a prize for last week 👍.

Bronzestone is good the way it is I think, the more track the better :D. Doing low 1'35 still not got the hang of the track yet so should hopefully improve on that.

Last edited:
Waiting for Aderrrm to accept my friend request... anyone else have the track?

I have it on share. PSN me if you still need it.

Edit: 1472-4710-9952-5896-6527 closed

Last edited:
Thanks, fearless leader took care of me. It's shared on my account as well now if anyone needs it.

Last edited:
1'35.3 in the BMW 1'35.5 in the Evora; Longbow was doing 1:35.2 in the Vette.
Odd really considering how fast and straight the track is; the only real place I was getting cut up by the vette was climbing the hill (+0.5 in the bmw +0.7 evora) and the front straight (maybe +0.2 in either car since the evora can take the last turn faster)

The Maser and Z are probably going to eat the track up though.

Last edited:
...I'm pretty sure it was a 1:35.2. Embarrassingly.

The decreasing radius corners hurt the understeer-out attitude of the 'Vette. And as mentioned, the way the power limiter is used, the torque is weird: as I can't spin the tires or kick the back out at will to help the exit. But I do like how it handles overall, and it's even on its tires. Pretty heavy user of them though, I can see people struggling to halfway mark.

All those times sound quick to me. When we ran some laps after the Rome race I believe lap times were something like this:

Wardez - 1'37.0 - Maserati
Me - Same as above
Outlaw - 1'36.4 - Vette
Timeattack - 1'36.0 - Camaro

I need to re-think my strategy for the track, currently Im getting oversteer into every single corner.
Cant get a flow going, not comfortable with it yet.

Lower your LSD acceleration value to somewhere around 12. Then drop your rear ride height about 4 clicks lower than what you had set up for Rome with your front RH. That should stablize the car then you can start loosening it up a bit as you get more comfortable with the track by adding accel. value.

But yeah, are we all running the same track? XD I'm hoping there's a slightly modified easier version that half of us ran not nearly as fast on Saturday after trying it after Rome.

Otherwise I've got a lot of work to do. Although custom tracks always take a while to find extra speed at sometimes.

Funny you say that. I made the track months a go and have left it on my share for ages, even though I've made some changes to it since then which mainly consisted of tightening the track. Just to make sure, I took the track off of my share last night and then put it back on. So you all might want to make sure to delete the one you already have and then download it again. I'm not sure if changes are immediately carried forward to everyone who already has the track downloaded, so it's best to make sure.

hahaha, but that would be one hell of a mindeff if people showed up to the race on Saturday after qualifying somehow without anyone being able to notice and got to the new "features"

I'll download the track now, still haven't got it myself.

Ive got a room open with it now Reality. You just need to start your own lobby and click my tracks in track selection.

Still need to know what rim design you're running Reality. Hopefully I can take a pic of your car when you're in a qualifying room some time. :)

Latest Posts

Back