PURE | Integra World Championship III | Series Champion: R1600Turbo!

• Thread starter Müle
  • 752 comments
I do.!! Entered lobby but you guys were racing so left. Let me know when you're ready. Cheers

Nah man. When you enter in the lobby, just wait we finish our race and say Hello ;). Then we could go to Suzuka and make your Quali session ;)

Anyway, room closed naw, cause Indy Car season has begun.

Qualifying/ Practice Room - 1472 -6118 -3701 - 4258 - 3676

thats my colour and number - #86: Greennarcotics (Green): GT POLARIZED 007 / Black

Need a steward if anyone is available

TRP_Saffy - Lap 1 52.658 clean Lap 2 - 52.720 clean
syjones1 - Lap 1 - 52.403 clean Lap 2 - 52.196 clean

Im off out, guess I'll start at the back ... when is the race 1hr 20mins or 2hrs 20mins clock changed here is only reason I'm asking ???

Last edited:
430-445 ill be hopping into the room. Haven't done any laps since last weeks race. Should be interesting.

Green, I'm on if you need to qualify now.

I need to qualify myself lol.

yeah I had to go out sorry, I'm coming now just having problems starting GT5 :(

Got disconnected on the 22nd lap :/

You were lagging like crazy when I passed you. Was afraid to get near you for fear of being pushed off track.

Edit: My race definitely didn't go according to plan. I pit a lap after Wii (lap 17?) and upon entering pit road it didn't pop up the tire choice screen. I got half way down pit road and THEN the game decided to reset me at the beginning of pit road. :(

So, when I saw Wii come in for the second time, with the amount of laps left I knew he would have to do a 3 stop race. So I stayed out as long as I could on my second set of tires, then pitted with 18 to go. Came out in 4th and got past 3rd on track, and 2nd when they were on pit road. Was roughly 16 seconds behind Wii so I went into tire conservation mode and kept about the same gap. When he pitted I took over the lead and stretched it over Nic to about 7.5 seconds.

I noticed that gap starting to shrink with a few laps to go so I knew Wii was in 2nd. Had a few half-spins in turn 1-2 during the race. Thank goodness for FWD cars though, if they start to spin just shift down a gear and floor it. Straightens back out. :)

Last edited:
My race definitely didn't go according to plan. I pit a lap after Wii (lap 17?) and upon entering pit road it didn't pop up the tire choice screen. I got half way down pit road and THEN the game decided to reset me at the beginning of pit road. :(

So, when I saw Wii come in for the second time, with the amount of laps left I knew he would have to do a 3 stop race. So I stayed out as long as I could on my second set of tires, then pitted with 18 to go. Came out in 4th and got past 3rd on track, and 2nd when they were on pit road. Was roughly 16 seconds behind Wii so I went into tire conservation mode and kept about the same gap. When he pitted I took over the lead and stretched it over Nic to about 7.5 seconds.

I noticed that gap starting to shrink with a few laps to go so I knew Wii was in 2nd. Had a few half-spins in turn 1-2 during the race. Thank goodness for FWD cars though, if they start to spin just shift down a gear and floor it. Straightens back out. :)
I was wondering how I got a 9 second lead after you made your first stop. I knew I would come out in front of you since I pitted on lap 14 and had few laps on fresh tires before you pitted on lap 17, but I figured you had spun out or something when you exited the pits 9 seconds behind me. Didn't realize you had gotten the pit reset glitch.

I could have, and should have done a two-stop. However I love doing one extra stop strategies, because it means I can run hot lap pace for the majority of the race. It's a risky strategy, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but I really enjoy the fast pace and not worrying about conserving tires. For example, during my final stint I did three 58.8's in a row :dopey: Of course after that my tires were burned out... but whatever :P

Anyways good race everyone, and nice win Turbo 👍

See that's opposite of how I like to race actually. I don't like racing at 110% the whole race, I would much rather settle in and run at ~90% for most of the race, saving that last 10% for late race battles. With this you make less mistakes, you save tires, and can concentrate on being consistent.

I'm all for running slower laps if it means coming out on top. ;)

Really enjoyable race. Unfortunately had 2 stupid offs on cold tyres in the first laps. But knuckled down and didn't put a foot wrong after that and came home 4th on a 2 stopper. Should of been a podium though so a bit disgruntled but that's racing! Congrats to RT on his win.

Getting this request in early.

Would like to schedule a qualifying session later this week. Would one of the stewards care to coordinate this with me?

Thanks.

Times I can be available are after 5:30p EDT Wed-Fri and any time between 10am-11:59pm on Sat.

Last edited:
If anyone is looking for a provisional benchmark time, after a few laps using my Indy tune, my PB is 1'19.459.

I might miss the Grand Valley Enduro, just FYI. Will be coming back from a trip to California that weekend and may not make it back in time to race.

i am doing some tuning/testing on cape ring south if anyone wants to join over the next couple hours

room number is 1472-6118-3658-4759-0223

edit: room closed

Last edited:
brandofo
i am doing some tuning/testing on cape ring south if anyone wants to join over the next couple hours

room number is 1472-6118-3658-4759-0223

I would love to join but won't be home til 5 or later

i hit a 1:18.5 on my best lap but most were coming in around 1:19 flat.

the back end can get a little loose on some of the banked turns. tire conservation is also going to be tough on the hairpins. this is a good course tho and it should make for an exciting race.

@CSL Would you be able to tell me what is causing the transmission settings to not reach the values you posted? After I put the ecu and filter on, the 4th gear setting came up but 5th and 6th still remain limited below your values. When I set it I put all values to default, set the top speed then change all the gear ratios.

Think I may have solved this little mystery. I was able to apply all the gear settings correctly from your tune on the Integra I had set up to season 2 specs. I've since removed the mods necessary to bring it down to HP limitations for season 3. Wouldn't have thought horsepower would affect gearing in such a fashion but it apparently does.

Will see how it runs tomorrow.

Sorry about not being there last week. I had some issues I wasn't planning on, and... I do intend to race this week, though. Qualifying on saturday, though.

Practice room open.
1472-6118-3701-4252-4434

Closed.

Thanks to carracerptp and brandofo for coming and passing some tips along.

Would be interested to see the tranny settings for your tune carracer. Don't know that I'll ever be able to drive as well as either of you but I don't think either car was running the RKM tranny or LSD settings.

I did turn a couple of better laps after I increased the rear downforce a bit and set the rear toe to 0.05. Tried it in practice mode a few laps at 0.00 but didn't put down any clean laps with it. Will practice some more after I get the car oil and chassis reset.

@RT if your room is open I'll be happy to join and you can own me too.

Last edited:
What kind of times are you getting?
Will the room still be open in 20mins?
And @MULE, how many drops do we have, if we have any?
EDIT: read OP, so is 1 correct?

Room is still open.

Using my test car that I finally got the transmission set the way CSL described earlier I have turned a high 1:20. Consistent 1:21s and 1:22s over the course of 38 laps.

Trying out the RKM tune at the moment and it is much looser in the high speed right hander, don't know what turn it's called, but comparable to CSL's in all other areas. Haven't been able to get into a shifting rhythm with this tune, but I've only run about 14 laps with it so far. With this tune I'm rarely getting out of 4th. With CSL's I would get into 6th on occasion if I carried enough speed through that long right.

That last hairpin is giving me fits.

With the changes in elevation and camber on the turns, this track is more fun than Suzuka. Will have the room open for a while longer. I need all the practice I can get with brandofo turning 19s.

I shall be on for practice in a couple hours or so. If no room is open when I get on, I'll make one.

Edit: Decided to go it alone on this one since I got a late start. Managed a 1:18.637 then made a small change and wasted the next hour trying to match it and coming up half a second short. Reset to the old settings and got within a tenth of that, so I guess I'll leave it alone.

Last edited:
Back