PURE | Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo - Last Race Canceled

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 382 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that this patch has come out I think it would be cool to experiment with the tire/fuel settings.

1. Run the rounds in two heats, sprint and a feature.
2. Make the sprint have a mandatory stop.
3. Change the tire/fuel rate to very fast.
4. ???
5. Profit!

Wardez
Glad it's gotten better. You're more than welcome to check out JGTS 2 as well, always room for you 👍

Cheers Eddie,

Will pm you ref JGTS 2 👍

Also, slightly off topic so apologies there but I've been trying to buy Motegi pack in ps store (as I'm sure I'm going to need it and soon) but can't see it in there?? Anyone know anything about this?I've found a few others posting the same problem on the site but no answers when I last looked, odd.

Last edited:
OP Updated.

Also, it was brought up to me that we might do teams? The real series has a team points championship. I can add it if you guys would prefer. 👍

Yea that would be great 👍
In this case, i'd like to team up with Joshua, i'm sure he's up too ;)

BTW, just noticed in the OP that the car is limited to 566pp. But with these specs, the car is actually at 567pp.

Just tried it with my crappy tune and it wasn't bad. Plus it brings us down close to the lap times of the real cars...

Just tried it with my crappy tune and it wasn't bad. Plus it brings us down close to the lap times of the real cars...
Only because you're Captain Understeer. :P

Seriously, when I tested the car with the sports soft, it was wretched bad on exit. I'm scared on its handling now. :nervous:

I'm so sorry but I have to renounce to participate in this series because on saturday afternoon will be impossible for me to combine GT5 racing and my wife :embarrassed:

Best of luck for everyone! 👍

Well, just done some testing with sport soft tyres. The car stays very stable for me, i just hit a 1:51:2. So i vote yes for sport softs.

I agree with the sport softs. I've tried it with the sports and it seems much more realistic and engaging IMO.

I say yes.

Also, the car has an adjustable center diff, so you can dial out some of the understeer that way.

Anyway, I thought I'd share a real life laptime here for these cars around Spa to compare with in GT5.
I know it's not proof of how good the specs are, but it can come in handy as a yardstick. 👍

Spa: 2:30.XXX

Actually, the real life pole time for race 1 at Spa in 2012 was 2:25.909. So specs are really not that far off.

What's the difference in laptime between Racing Hard and Sports Soft though? I'd suspect something between 2 and 4 seconds, depending on the circuit. I'd say, if times are worse than real life with Sports Soft, we should go on Racing Hard, if not, then Sports Soft.

When I ran the Sport Soft the other night, I was about .5 seconds slower than the 2012 pole time for Monza.

When I ran the Sport Soft the other night, I was about .5 seconds slower than the 2012 pole time for Monza.

I guess it's a toss-up then. Probably right in between tyre compounds.

It's your series, you decide! :sly:

I guess it's a toss-up then. Probably right in between tyre compounds.

Maybe. If I was as good as the pole sitting driver it might be equal. And I'm sure some of you will be faster than me. So yeah, it's about right on.

Last edited:
Just signed up.

A few of you guys know me from the WRS. Looking forward to racing you all.

Won't be making the first race on such short notice as I made plans, but I'll clear my schedule up for future events :).

Since we must do one mid-race pit, why don't we use both tires (i mean S3 & R1), a bit like F1 does? Maybe that could be a good option, no?

Welcome onboard Mohit :cheers:

Working tomorrow night guys so will have to miss first race. Up for some free running to get used to the car tonight though.

@ Will - Definitely up for it again if there is teams!

I'll likely end up practicing for this in the morning time before the race tomorrow. Night's looking busy.

Since it's been a while since I have used this format, does anyone know if qualifying times actually work now? Like, it puts you in the correct spots?

Also - change in tire compound, we are switching to Sport Soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back