Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,840 comments
I rather like the Maserati, even though the original is still much better looking. But it's not questionable for me, it's just opinion on the design of this car TBH. Maybe it's because it's in silver I don't mind it so much. I like silver.

Well this whole thread is based on opinion of course. Each pic is "questionable" to the person who posts it. Beauty is in the eye...

It might not be questionable to others, granted, so if people like it that's cool, happy to link to the pics as it's a curio for sure.

I took pics of two beautiful original Meraks just today and to me that modded version tried vainly to "modernise" it unnecessarily, IMHO.
It was modified in the 80s and ended up a slightly busy-looking 80s car whilst retaining few of the nuances and subtleties of the original (I don't see any indication of Maserati's involvement either but happy to be corrected).

I don't (personally) get why anyone would want to swap out the pop-ups for those lights, or include some of that new "detailing" (such as the random indentation in front of the rear wheels) whilst other features are removed. Also the widening of the arches etc. just feels unnecessary, it was never meant to look muscular.

Note how I have emphasised different strokes for different folks, obviously the owners of that car and whoever had it modded, loved it, as do apparently some of you guys. Vive le difference :)

Why is that Bentley a few posts back so cheap? £40k, which, I'm pretty sure is not very many dollars.

Perhaps because it has an obnoxious bodykit which looks like a child drafted it on the back of his schoolbook? In my opinion :)

Last edited:
Well, the Camry looks ok. Almost looks like a JZX100 a little bit, but get rid of that spoiler.

Man, that GTO/Morano :yuck:. Who in their right mind would do that with those colors. Looks like a GTO I always beat when I'm racing in Bayview. Is it that guy Joe or Stephen I always beat in Street X? :lol:

The Audi looks nice. But the Beetle came from the deep lagoon or somewhere from WTF land:ill::yuck:.

P.S. Yes, I'm the greatest street racer from Bayview. :lol::sly:

IMG_20120421_152019.jpg

Nope, they are "Cadillac" taillights. This was my first time seeing a coffee can exhaust or Caddy lights on a toyota pickup.

Edit:
IMG_20120429_070557.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm also wondering what the heck is actually the car underneath those million dollars worth of aerodynamics development. :lol:

A '93-'94 Ford Crown Vic converted into a cardboard tourbus/driving fortress.
This should be moved to the imaginary 'Awesome modifcations' thread instead. At least they went all-out on painting it diarrhoea beige to match the cardboard :lol:

A '93-'94 Ford Crown Vic converted into a cardboard tourbus/driving fortress.
This should be moved to the imaginary 'Awesome modifcations' thread instead. At least they went all-out on painting it diarrhoea beige to match the cardboard :lol:

I think they were so embarrassed about the colour they decided the best thing to do would be to cover it in cardboard! :lol:

No I was searching Lincoln Continental Mark IV for something else and saw this and wanted to put it here.

Back