Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,840 comments
I wonder if the eyes glow when you turn the lights on. :lol: Actually that would be pretty cool, however, who here would actually drive it?

oh%20god.png

That is all.

Woah! That purple car looks like something that my 3rd St. Saints members would drive. :lol:

http://www.geekoftheday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/cardboard-car.jpg

WTF?!?! Hahaha! Now that's questionable. Ugh, my stomach. :ill::yuck:

The Lincoln turned Ranchero looks really cool, wierd at first, but pretty unique looking.

Now I'm liking the E-Class with the dragon vinyl wrap. If they gave the interior a rust orange mixed with black, it would set it off nicely. 👍

InvincibleM5
I posted that a couple of posts before, so basically this is a repost ;)

Ooppss, my bad. :)

But back on topic.... What on earth?!?!?

Man those Azteks are hideous. :ill::yuck:

Made my stomach hurt, ugh. Someone please knock those 🤬 off the Grand Canyon with a Hummer H1 or crush them with the owner inside with Bigfoot F350 or Gravedigger please? :ill:

I saw a guy today who had put matte black vinyl on his WRX to make the front end look kinda like a new Evo or GT-R. Couldn't find a pic of somebody who did it for real so I shopped one up so you guys could see what I mean.

1___________________________jpg_667x667_q100.jpg

I think he had an aftermarket bumper but this is pretty close. I'm not sure what would possess you to try to make your Subaru look like an Evo. It actually wasn't that horrible looking, and it made it look like a whole different car, but I still think it's pretty questionable.

I actually really like that Merak. Period mods by a high-end tuner, nice colors, and I love the widebody and headlights.

I actually really like that Merak. Period mods by a high-end tuner, nice colors, and I love the widebody and headlights.

I seem to be the only one who doesn't like it! But that's cool, always interested to get opinions. The styling reminds me of the AMC AMX/3 concept which is a car I like, but in context, as an American car.

By way of contrast, the De Tomaso Pantera was American under the hood but had more subtle Italian styling for the body (although it got more muscular over the years admittedly). But the 60s/70s Maseratis were Italian through and through, and it seems strange to me to want to change it to something else, when one could just buy something else instead. IMHO some designs are really best left alone.

I saw a guy today who had put matte black vinyl on his WRX to make the front end look kinda like a new Evo or GT-R. Couldn't find a pic of somebody who did it for real so I shopped one up so you guys could see what I mean.

I think he had an aftermarket bumper but this is pretty close. I'm not sure what would possess you to try to make your Subaru look like an Evo. It actually wasn't that horrible looking, and it made it look like a whole different car, but I still think it's pretty questionable.
Any idea what generation/year (unless it's the same bug-eyed 2nd gen from your picture)? Doesn't look half bad on the blob-eyed 2nd gen:

IMG_2097.jpg

4383670349_0b7871cf8d_o.jpg

Any idea what generation/year (unless it's the same bug-eyed 2nd gen from your picture)? Doesn't look half bad on the blob-eyed 2nd gen:

It was a blue bugeye like the picture. (I used to own one just like it.)

But wow, I'm really not feeling it on the '04-'05. Maybe if he'd carried the vinyl all the way to the bottom of of the bumper instead of only joining the two grilles it'd be OK. It looks better in the first pic where there's a badge and a front plate but in the second one it just looks like a big hole in the front of the car IMO.

I messed around in photoshop for a while trying to find something I liked in this vein on this car, and the closest I came up with was this:

calvins_sti.jpg

Not in love with it but it's an interesting look for the car and makes it very contemporary.

Last edited:
Now that's what I call a Scooby.

Yeah the last pic in your post with the GDB2 "Tear Eye" with that black bar. Looks like the Evo X and a Audi A/S/RS4 front end mashed together on the WRX. Kinda strange though. But on the other white WRX, looks pretty good since the bar is narrowed down and it give the STi a somewhat aggeresive front.

Funny that you mentioned Audi, since the mod is commonly known as an Audi Mask :) (I fail to see the resemblance).
There are very few Masked bug-eyes, you might've actually spotted this one:
P1010339.jpg

I don't quite like it, but I think your 'shop job on the bug-eye would look a lot better 👍.

Last edited:
Funny that you mentioned Audi, since the mod is commonly known as an Audi Mask :) (I fail to see the resemblance).
There are very few Masked bug-eyes, you might've actually spotted this one:
P1010339.jpg

I don't quite like it, but I think your 'shop job on the bug-eye would look a lot better 👍.

I bet that is the same car, it's the right state and the background looks right for my area.

I'm not really in love with any masking on the blob-eye, but I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of the blob-eye overall. I love the bugeye, having been an owner and all, and the eagle-eye/hawkeye/whatever really has grown on me over time.

I saw a 1.6 Corolla with 'vtec just kicked in, yo' on the back. Cringe.

haha, I think I might put a Nissan sticker on the back of my Toyota (you know, seems the kind of done thing to put the wrong brands on your car these days :lol: ), wouldn't be out of place though really :P

Come to Malaysia and you'll get used to it. I once saw a riced out Honda Civic (the old sedan, not sure what generation code) with a Nismo sticker on the side. And it was big... Say whaaa..? :lol:

Ford Fiesta...
"Slightly Modified" Volkswagen Passat (not that bad but stupid decals)

$(KGrHqR,!oQE9fskJ8uTBPoO!(liOw~~60_12.JPG

I think you'll find that's his wish list on the side of the car.

I have an R/C Supra that looks just like that somewhere. You can change the bumpers the wheels. It looks just as ridiculous.

InvincibleM5
Come to Malaysia and you'll get used to it. I once saw a riced out Honda Civic (the old sedan, not sure what generation code) with a Nismo sticker on the side. And it was big... Say whaaa..? :lol:

Haha I can actually see that in my head. I once saw a Pontiac with a huge Chevy camaro sticker on its side.

Back