Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
Too much fad-ness
dc9895b6d74c11e1b4791231381b4b1e_7.jpg

184264cad73911e1a9d822000a1e95e3_7.jpg

Ken Block doesn't have a sunroof cover! :lol: Nor does he have a front-engined, front wheel drive Scion xB.

That modified car thing 'vette has been shopped so many times I can't even remember what it was originally... or did it even exist originally?

Too much fad-ness
Turbo Scion xA[IMG][/QUOTE]
Why would what ever be on display at a shopping mall ?
:yuck:

[quote="Dooglers8, post: 7399227"]Mother of god...
[IMG]White 300C[IMG]
[url]http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/3165267204.html[/url]
[/QUOTE]
I like the color scheme on it, the white and red-brown look nice together. But there is way to much white on it and the convertible top looks bad.

Am I the only one who thinks that the rear end looks awesome? I actually really like that look. The whole car looks great, actually, except for the grille and headlights. But on balance, I find little questionable about this one!

As for this, as good as the visuals look, I think the sound and performance of a Toyota Celica won't hold up if everyone is expecting that of an Aston-Martin. It would be great for student drivers though - they could have all of the looks without the maintenance headaches and (most of) the personal risk to themselves and everyone around them that comes with extreme performance...

There is a guy thats putting a 2JZ into a 7th gen celica. I'll have to find the build thread and post. Put that in the Celica Aston amd we got a deal

Either it's the prettiest Celica ever, or the most reliable Aston Martin ever. Slap in a 3SGTE and it's a Win-Win-Win situation.

Fail-wheel drive, you say? Tch. Elitist. Swap in the AWD system with the 3SGTE and it'll be a Win-Win-Win-Win situation.

Weren't some Celicas made with the AWD drivetrain put in? What's the full chassis code...?

I think that is what niky was trying to imply. And to my knowledge these are the chassis codes for AWD Celicas

ST165 1986-1989, ST185 1989-1993 and ST205 1994-1999.

But, the chassis code of the Celica that was transformed...? Does anyone know which chassis code Celica is now a part Aston Martin?

But, the chassis code of the Celica that was transformed...? Does anyone know which chassis code Celica is now a part Aston Martin?

The year in the ebay Ad for it is listed as a 1995, but I dont know if the orginal Celica that was used is a ST205 (AWD) or an ST202 (FWD). I'd asume the guy that did has enough money to use the better model (the ST205) but I wouldn't be suprised if it's based on the ST202.

The year in the ebay Ad for it is listed as a 1995, but I dont know if the orginal Celica that was used is a ST205 (AWD) or an ST202 (FWD). I'd asume the guy that did has enough money to use the better model (the ST205) but I wouldn't be suprised if it's based on the ST202.

Thanks for the info. I mean, there'd be nothing like an Aston Martin rally car, right? :lol:

Weren't some Celicas made with the AWD drivetrain put in? What's the full chassis code...?
I'm doubting he started with an All-Trac/GT-Four as a base. He likely used a Celica convertible to save time, and those were strictly FWD originally.

That doesn't preclude him swapping on a GT-Four drivetrain, though...

am i the only one who thinks that the rear end looks awesome? I actually really like that look. The whole car looks great, actually, except for the grille and headlights. But on balance, i find little questionable about this one!

+1

And if that guy did swap in the 4WD, then it wouldn't hurt to make it WRC spec...:D
Imagine an Aston Martin drifting around like a ST205. :lol:

Why would what ever be on display at a shopping mall ?
:yuck:

There was an exposition of modified cars. There were some nice rat/hot rods and a few well modified cars but lambo kit cars galore and then that thing
Also this
7654171384_4eff8743d7_z.jpg

7654169012_ce9c322353_z.jpg

7654168654_f0977e612b_z.jpg

7654166616_d92128537b_z.jpg

I sort of felt bad for the owner but hey the guy must like it

stumpydino

Nice Aston Celica :lol:.

I have to say this guy really took his time on the build. It looks amazing, you can trick anyone thinking that's a real Aston Martin until it performance time.

He should try doing either a custom RWD drivetrain or opt for a AWD system from a ST205 GT-Four. And for the engine, a choice around the 3SGTE, 2JZGTE or even a Toyota V8 1UZFE. 👍

Dooglers8

Only if they get rid of the red top and made it white or even black, it would look more reasonable on the car. But it looks good.

Back