Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
On a big V8 you can, but not on a small, efficient petrol engine. I'd still have the petrol engine.

Depends what the car is. For example, I'd rather have a Golf GTI/Fiesta ST than a TDI, but I'd rather have the Golf TDI than pretty much any basic economy car.

I'd hate to admit it, but this turned out pretty well. 1977 Celica GT. Would be better if a 302 was swapped in.

1977_toyota_celica_gt_coupe-pic-48033.jpeg

25372560014_large.jpg

25372560011_large.jpg

25372560012_large.jpg

25372560001_large.jpg

25372560002_large.jpg

25372560003_large.jpg

25372560004_large.jpg

25372560005_large.jpg

25372560006_large.jpg

25372560007_large.jpg

25372560008_large.jpg

25372560009_large.jpg

Last edited:
I always thought those looked like little Mustangs. That first picture almost looks like the real thing.

I always thought those looked like little Mustangs. That first picture almost looks like the real thing.

They did, that's part of the reason I didn't like the early models. New ones are cool, old ones look like cheap models.

For sake of comparison (mocks a 1970 Boss 302, so here is a real 1970 Boss 302):

1970_Yellow_drag_pack_boss_302.jpg

mdmp_1011_04_o+1970_ford_mustang_boss_302+driver_side_rear.jpg

I'm sorry but it looks way to similar to the legendary car. Totally a rip off design. The early ones sort of looked like '65 Mustangs too.

I like that TA Celica converted to a 302 Boss, nice! ;)👍

Now, what would happen if the owner puts a 302 inside the Mini Boss? 💡

I'm sorry but it looks way to similar to the legendary car. Totally a rip off design. The early ones sort of looked like '65 Mustangs too.
The design isn't a rip-off because most first gen Celicas look nothing like that. It was only the Liftbacks that looked similar & those don't go anywhere to the degree that owner did to purposely make it look like one.

The Liftback just pays homage by using some of the Mustang's design cues at the rear. The front is entirely different from the Mustang.
800px-1973_Toyota_Celica_01.jpg

Are those supposed to be the rims? poor mans ver. of Mustang imo.

btw whats that blueish car on the background, looks kinda nice.

Last edited:
IT reminded me a lot of the MC12 lol.

1347881442.jpg

It doesn't look too bad. Yes, I do know the fronts are different, but the kits are similar.

Much rather have a celica imo.

Much rather have a Mustang, look cooler, look better, way more power, way better sound, just wins in everything else. The Celica was made to compete in America, and what better way than to build a car that looks like one that sold millions?

Some people don't like mustangs :P

Also, power isn't everything. All that matters is that you enjoy the ride.

That's a PS of an Enzo guys....Gemballa's car looks much different.
Much rather have a Mustang, look cooler, look better, way more power, way better sound, just wins in everything else. The Celica was made to compete in America, and what better way than to build a car that looks like one that sold millions?
Because there's no bias there at all. :rolleyes:

Such a stupid comparison. The Celica liftback didn't even come to the US til' the end of the car's production. And when it did, it looked a lot better than the ugly POS Ford called it's 2nd generation Mustang.

That's a PS of an Enzo guys....Gemballa's car looks much different.

Because there's no bias there at all. :rolleyes:

Such a stupid comparison. The Celica liftback didn't even come to the US til' the end of the car's production. And when it did, it looked a lot better than the ugly POS Ford called it's 2nd generation Mustang.

Because the early Celicas didn't steal some of the best design cues from both the Camaro and the Mustang in order to sell right? You can call me biased all you want but that's how I see it.

1973_Toyota_Celica_Coupe_For_Sale_Front_1.jpg

1969-camaro-z28.jpg

1965-Mustang-white.jpg

1977_toyota_celica_gt_coupe-pic-48035.jpeg

q61.jpg

Last edited:
Because the early Celicas didn't steal some of the best design cues from both the Camaro and the Mustang in order to sell right? You can call me biased all you want but that's how I see it.

Does it matter? Like, this much?

Back