Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
Because the early Celicas didn't steal some of the best design cues from both the Camaro and the Mustang in order to sell right? You can call me biased all you want but that's how I see it.

How you see it =/= the truth. Just because it has a resemblance to a more popular car doesn't mean it's direct copy.

Slash isn't the only one, when I first saw an old Celica I thought it looked a lot like a mustang. Not a direct copy but it was taking pointers (in a good way).

How you see it =/= the truth. Just because it has a resemblance to a more popular car doesn't mean it's direct copy.

I didn't say it was a direct copy, I said it stole a lot of the good design ideas in order to appeal to the public.

That doesn't make it a bad car, I'm just saying I don't like it because of that.

I think most two door, sporty cars of that time period all looked similar in someway. I don't think anyone really stole anyone else's design, it's just how design was back then. Look at cars today, pretty much every car in the same class has the same basic design cues.

Hey guys, I've made an instagram dedicated solely to posting the ugliest and most disgusting ricers ever. I've used some pics from this thread to kick it off today, and I'll be outside tomorrow trying to get some original pics in. If you guys would like to follow me (strictly ricer posts nothing else so don't worry about spam) the username is @ricersparadise. Feel free to send in some pics as well.

nope.gif

All done on purpose to mimic the majority Of the US import scene

Huh!? Which US import scene is that? Where have you learned this inaccurate information sir.

Anyone who builds cars like that are called "ricers". Regardless of where they are from. And by the way, I've seen more cars like that in Puerto Rican videos than the US mate.:sly: I'd say it's done to mimic Japanese ricers not the US import scene. Call me crazy.:crazy:

Huh!? Which US import scene is that? Where have you learned this inaccurate information sir.

Anyone who builds cars like that are called "ricers". Regardless of where they are from. And by the way, I've seen more cars like that in Puerto Rican videos than the US mate.:sly: I'd say it's done to mimic Japanese ricers not the US import scene. Call me crazy.:crazy:

Oh yeah PR Is pretty filled with XXR/Rota herraflush teks and yaris with fake brembo brakes and chopped up suspension. I agree that here it is a little more common for people to have these fake parts as the salaries tend to be lower and people want to stand out but there is definitely A LOT of that in the US as well, where do you think the people here get their ideas/products? ;)

Hmm, it's like a 3.0CSL Group 5 inspired 2002.

I'd possibly, possibly liked it if it was actually raced, and wasn't in that hideous colour scheme with the awful matte-white exhaust.

The body mods aren't a million miles away from the Group 2 Schnitzer and Alpina 2002's to be fair.

Back