Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
People need to understand you can put a ton of money into a car but it doesn't necessarily bring up the value, especially if there isn't a huge market for the car your dumping money into.
Oddly enough there are tons of people who want a Del sol, I will never understand it. CRX heck yeah but a Del Sol???

There ought to be a GTP fund where rare, unmolested examples of 90s Japanese sports cars are adopted from across the globe and protected from tasteless morons. Else, we could lobby the UN to draft a Convention on the Rights of the Automobile.

PS: I am loving that 2JZ Lexus IS340 on GT's FB page (minus all the decals).

Last edited:
And yet another classic absolutely ruined by the Ringbrothers. These guys should have their hands cut.

This poor thing was a DeTomaso Pantera before these idiots did their thing.
http://blogs.hotrod.com/ringbrothers-rethink-the-de-tomaso-pantera-at-sema-2013-92183.html

de-tomaso-pantera-royal-purple-6-623x415.jpg

The work done on this car looks to be quite high quality, and the wheel design complements the vinyl work, but I don't for a second believe this person paid the $15,000 they allege was handed over for the paint work. Nobody could be that stupid, right? And what is with some drivers' obsessions with 'turning heads'?

cp4622967141368907540.jpg

SEMA photodump

image.jpg

A Mustang with the electric motor from a forklift. Dizzying vmax of 35mph.

image.jpg

They made the xB worse...

image.jpg

Yup, gold-plated engine. Will never run. Makes me 🤬 sick.

image.jpg

The gold engine is cool because it's just eye candy but the Mustang makes me want to throw up.

I... I... I loved it :nervous:

Overdone piece of trash like every Ringbrothers car, with useless gee-gaws all over the everywhere, only in this one they took the "restilying" too far off, and now it looks like a bad kit car for a Fiero or a MR2. Plus, lame Chevrolet power. I'd hit them in the face just for that car.

I know, I saw that video a few days ago. Some say that he is the gardener for the Nurburgring, and that he is powered by petrol. All we know is, he's call the STIG.

I don't understand the SEMA hate. They're cars used to sell products, the builders just cram as much stuff on them to attract attention at the show to get people to their booths.

That's my thing right there. The builders start adding too much stuff that it starts to draw attention away from the car. I honestly see no reason to give cars lots of equipment and gadgets that have no other purpose but to grab attention. Sooner or later the people are going to start hating the cars because they just have way too much. I personally like some of the cars from SEMA, but that's when they don't over do it.

Back