Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
Oh god, I found something worse and the owner is charging 12k for it on craigslist.
00Y0Y_XzINTbAx1m_600x450.jpg

For 12k I could buy a 2005 C55 AMG. Which is faster, Better looking, probably more reliable, better interior, safer, and has a better sound system.

For 12k I could buy a 2005 C55 AMG. Which is faster, Better looking, probably more reliable, better interior, safer, and has a better sound system.

An eight year old AMG is not gonna beat a relatively low tech, mid nineties Chevrolet in reliability.

An eight year old AMG is not gonna beat a relatively low tech, mid nineties Chevrolet in reliability.
I'm not convinced of that. Our Saturn SL2 (1995) was terrifically reliable until it hit about 90,000 miles, and then the whole thing went to pieces. I doubt the Germans would design a car to last less than 100,000 miles.

Wait, they sold saturns in the UK too? Hmm, the more I know.

He recently moved here from the States. And the closest thing to a Saturn here would be the Astra, Aura (Vauxhall Vectra, Saab 9-3) Vue (Vauxhall Antara), etc. Which are basically rebadged Opel models that all share their respective GM platforms.

Last edited:
He recently moved here from the States. And the closest thing to a Saturn here would be the Astra, Aura (Vauxall Vectra, Saab 9-3) Vue (Vauxhall Antara), etc. Which are basically rebadged Opel models that all share their respective GM platforms.
Well yeah, I know about those. I once made a few posts in another thread talking about GM's rebadging; there's also the Pontiac Solstice/Opel GT/Saturn Sky btw.

Oh god, I found something worse and the owner is charging 12k for it on craigslist.
00Y0Y_XzINTbAx1m_600x450.jpg

This right there made me stop wanting a Impala SS from the '90s everyone I see has those godawful wheels. I bet the wheel bearings on those cars would be shot to hell.

It's a disgrace to cars. Just people with the wrong idea on the wrong car.

Edit: This may prove my point.
image.jpg

Silver looks good alone, but purple flames, not so much. Plus the engine block is taller then the mustang's roof. I'm starting to think this car was from SEMA.

Last edited:
The flames are too much. The blower being bigger than the roof(not engine block) is cool IMHO. Its a hot rod and a old school positive displacement blower poking through the hood is never going to be subtle to might as well go full tilt on it. Looks like a car show not SEMA.

This was a Transit Connect.

999295_10152008356370049_213734093_n.jpg

Questionable but cool as hell.

It's Ecoboost powered as well.

BYUZfktCIAA5H3Q.jpg

Back