Questions and innuendos about Moderators

• Thread starter kikie
  • 3,805 comments
Yes, but you can trust Jordan. He's the government. And if you can't trust the government, who can you trust?

So, presumably, I can "donate" money to Jordan to get some... Extended rights concerning what I can/can't do. Diplomatic immunity? Maybe hookers and blackjack? :)

Jordan has better things to do with his time than read a few hundred Private Messages a day. If we get a complaint, he'll look into it. We wouldn't know about any problem or concern unless you contact a mod, admin, or Jordan directly. You can also block senders.

I will say that since PM's are very specifically targeted at their reader, anything that sounds like a direct threat or is extremely vulgar will be given zero tolerance.

Is it true that you're not allowed to vote in national democratic elections?

How does that work? Usually when it's gone it's gone...does the post remain the same for the staff with a line underneath with the edit or something?
Post revisions are displayed in a format similar to what you see on Wikipedia revision history pages.

Danny
Is it true that you're not allowed to vote in national democratic elections?

We vote for ourselves, just like Mister President would. (Unless he falls for that "you vote for me, and I'll vote for you" gag.)

Another quickie. This is a bit less of a pure "Mod" question.

What made you say "Yes, I'll make sure people don't shout at each other on the Internet"? Did Jordan promise you blue skies and green fields? :)

Another quickie. This is a bit less of a pure "Mod" question.

What made you say "Yes, I'll make sure people don't shout at each other on the Internet"? Did Jordan promise you blue skies and green fields? :)

Ego massage. Duh.

Wait...you guys get free massages? :grumpy:

And here I am paying over the odds for a belligerent Thai lady.

legacyMACHINE

Essentially, the Golden Rule is pretty good place to start. Every member can be a Moderator of One; many people here are mature and as good as any moderator. The boss makes the final decision on who gets the nod.

Can a moderator threaten another moderator with infraction points, and that moderator return by giving him infraction points? :P

It basically means they are an ex mod for whatever reason. Pupik and prisonermonkeys for example.

Tree'd, god damn my sausage fingers.

Can a moderator threaten another moderator with infraction points, and that moderator return by giving him infraction points? :P

IIRC a mod can only infract a person below them. So super mods can infract mods and members and admins can infract anyone bar other admins and Jordan.
Jordan can ban everyone.

But what if Jordan goes on a rampage? Who would stop him? Is there a plan just in case he goes off the edge?

But what if Jordan goes on a rampage? Who would stop him? Is there a plan just in case he goes off the edge?

Well, it's his toy...although one day I'll read the contents of that GTPlanet-emblazoned manila envelope that's in my safe deposit box.

Retired/Fired Moderator.

Fired Mod = Banned.

Personally, I decided to step down due to my lack of GT5 knowledge/experience (and my declining care for gaming in general), and that moderation of that sort is best handled by experts who can shed a positive and enthusiastic light on the game, as well as the industry as a whole. We have plenty of "off-topic moderators" already, and so I personally felt it was time to pass the torch to someone else. Nobody made any suggestion to me, I decided on my own.

I'm sure this has been answered many times, but a former mod can be reinstated if he wishes correct?

Back