Questions and innuendos about Moderators

• Thread starter kikie
  • 3,805 comments
Since the moderation staff are the enforcers of the rules, can I please be an anti-moderator? I would do absolutely nothing to enforce the AUP, but still abide by it, have no dealings with site editing and certainly not have any special abilities other than that of a regular member.

I just want a badge if I'm honest. :)

Maybe a beer as well, although I've only ever tried the commercial stuff like Corona, Budweiser and Coors because, again, I don't drink.
Eww. There's your problem.

Tried mixed drinks at least?
TB
I'm right there with you (the hops in beer is way too bitter for me to stomach).
I find cider as the perfect alternative. That & most of my beer-loving friends seem to actually like it as well, plus it gets a good buzz going quicker than beer.

I just want a badge if I'm honest. :)

You can have one.

Just go to your My GTPlanet and click on edit your details. Then uncheck the do not show premium icon checkbox and you have a badge saying premium.

:sly:

I want an Anti Moderator badge, though.

How's this?

anti-mod_zpsa3e6f123.gif

The buttons are 133 pixels wide so had to shrink it a bit.

GTPlanet used to have such a thing...including top posts for the month and for the day:

February 28th, 2002 - http://web.archive.org/web/20020604013551/http://forums.gtplanet.net/vbstats.php?action=topposters

November 28th, 2002 - http://web.archive.org/web/20021217125331/http://forums.gtplanet.net/vbstats.php?action=topposters

Kind of the wrong thread, but a good excuse to show off some of the old site.

36 users online...my, how we've changed; we get single threads with triple of that, if they're big news!
WOW those were the early days that I remember. Good little group. Village atmosphere. Now its a metropolis in here.
Rumple Foreskin was a riot of fun. Never knew what he would say next.
I like coming back in here now and again to post a thing or two. But mostly just browse the forum. :)

How's this?

anti-mod_zpsa3e6f123.gif

The buttons are 133 pixels wide so had to shrink it a bit.

That is awesome! :bowdown: Thank you!

I've got a feeling I'll get in trouble for using it. If I remember correctly somebody else tried something similar and got warned.

Mods, can I wear my anti-mod badge with pride? Pretty please (I'll buy y'all cake)?

I've got a feeling I'll get in trouble for using it. If I remember correctly somebody else tried something similar and got warned.

Like changing your user title to "Administrator," "Moderator," or "Banned"?

Okay_guy.jpg

I thought as much. I thought it might be a laugh but I do realise it could cause some confusion and raise a few questions.

That is awesome! :bowdown: Thank you!

Mods, can I wear my anti-mod badge with pride? Pretty please (I'll buy y'all cake)?

What you are thinking of is someone used Banned as there user title.

The user title was enforced with a temp ban.

No, there was somebody (maybe AOS or Cody) who edited their avatar to feature a badge of some sort and it was frowned upon.

My wild guess is, SlipZtrEm?

I think I've seen pics of him before and he looked kinda young, like a college kid. :D

Or maybe Omnis?

I can think of at least two other members of staff younger than me, so nope! I don't even think I was the youngest when I was given the status, since Sage was already part of the crew before I was.

I don't drink, but I'd gladly accept a nice cold glass of juice. :D

Stiegl-Radler-web.jpg

So long as you like grapefruit, here you go. These are 2.5% - so essentially are juice :P

What mod is still up now( 1:47am here)? And do you lurk during the night?
I don't know if anyone's ever explained the rotation of the Earth and timezones to you, but suffice to say that it wasn't 1.47am or night here when you posted it.

I don't know if anyone's ever explained the rotation of the Earth and timezones to you, but suffice to say that it wasn't 1.47am or night here when you posted it.

In fairness, he said "1:47am here" :)

Famine

EST sorry.

Quite, but the concept of being "still up" to someone in a timezone who just got up - like the UK for example, where we have many staff - is intrinsically ridiculous. And of course it won't even have been 10pm yet in San Francisco...

In fact we have staff from around the globe precisely because we have members from around the globe. It's always daytime on GTPlanet, so there's always mods needed.

Back