R/C car thread!

Finally arrived after a couple of weeks. Turns out the UPS driver crushed the box, they had to return the damaged kit to the Hobby shop's distributer....etc.
IMG_20120822_201511.jpg

I'll post pictures as she comes together.

Edit:
Got motors installed on the Super Hawaii. All that is left is the ESC and a new steering servo and she's ready for the water.
IMG_20120822_215733.jpg

That came out great! Good job for your first body.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing the MP4-24 come to life! I've always loved Tamiya RC kits cause of the scale bodies. Probably will get myself a DF03-RA one of these days...

Anyways! That body is serving me quite well, the back wheel well is starting to crack now :lol: but thats the beauty of short course, you break the body first before anything else 👍

Here's a pic of what's under the body.

It has:
Savox 1258TG servo - BIG improvement over the stock one, very impressed with it.
Tekin RS ESC combo with Tekin Redline 13.5 - Sensored smoothens out power delivery and it is a bloody fast motor! Looking for the hotwire interface now for more tuning options on the ESC. Fantastic combo.
JConcepts Subcultures for the front - Came stock with the SC10RS, I put it in the front for our track.
JConcepts - Pressure points - I find these tyres are quite dialed in to my local track, so I'll probably buy another pair for the front.
Factory team springs - Gave it stiffer springs and it works wonders for the track!

We have a very grippy clay track down here and the truck seems to have its way with it now. No pesky SC10 oversteer, it just understeers a teeny bit which is much much more controllable than oversteer. I reckon pressure points in the front would fix that though. I feel like its on racing softs :lol: It's ready for its first race next sunday!

Last edited:
Had to search to find this thread. A talk with some friends earlier on the subject reminded me I had pictures of mine online.

It's an HPI Super Nitro RS4 with the 911 Turbo body on it.

100_0636.jpg

Still have it and it still runs, although it's been a few years and I don't have fuel for it at the moment.

I'll have to get new pictures of it, along with everything else I need to photograph.

I guess you must have had a lull in your hobby - this happens sometimes due to our lifestyles changing and suddenly something that we want to give attention to is shoved aside for something that we have to give our attentions to. I find as I'm getting older and my kids are growing and getting far more independent, I have a lot more time to spend on myself - which means all my old hobbies are being picked up again - more video-gaming, more photography that is not strictly work-related, more time social-networking socially, etc.
Of course, if you run your own Business, then the occasional toy break is easily managed - like when this 1:43 R/C came my way.

I already had a Bburago GT-R on my table - a 1:43, so I was doing some comparisions 'tween the cars.

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

Last edited:
That looks pretty good.

I need to get new pics of the one I posted, and pics of the two I need to restore. One is a Schuco brand Porsche 911 Targa, and the other is a Porsche 935. I'm not sure what brand it is without looking at it.

The Schuco needs some wiring work done in the remote, and the 935 needs a remote.

That looks pretty good.

Yeah - great finish on it, runs like the wind, very smooth and stable operation, stops on a dime, turns on a dime, and I got a red Ferrari to race against it. Runs for around five minutes on one charge. This is about as bottom-line as you can go with decent R/C cars - yet can give you some solid racing fun if you set up the right type of course.
Shall post more pics and details later.

So like, I got a "new" r/c car, well, more like a truck lol...

100_5719s.jpg

HPI Nitro MT 2 G3.0, which has many parts in common with my Nitro RS4 Evo 3. Bought it off a friend at work for $150. Going to pick up a body later today also :D
Info on the r/c HERE

*EDIT*
Also bought this stuff too:
100_5720s.jpg

And ordered a body for my Nitro RS4. Will get pics of that when it arrives...

*EDIT AGAIN*
All my r/c stuff again:
RC_Madness-00.jpg

Last edited:
I just got into the Christmas spirit myself by buying my dad his first brushless truck, a Traxxas Slash 4x4 :) I own a 3.3 Nitro powered Revo that is blistering fast and was drawn to the brushless when i saw how clean it looks after a run that was just as fast hopefully this thing runs as it does in the videos! Here's a picture fresh out the box, will upload more videos and pics after Christmas 👍

rctruck.jpg

Those are pretty cool. I've thought about getting one a few times but didn't figure I would race it much. I race 1/8 scale nitro buggys. Really though i haven't ran them much in the last year or so. Hopefully next summer when get some more run time at our track. I did find some guys though that use slash's for oval racing and are not to far away from our home track. I might get one this spring and go run with them some.

I've really just been racing the mini Z's. Those things are a blast and much less work then the 1/10 and 1/8th scale.

lol, I haven't used my Mini Z since I moved over 3 years ago. No where smooth enough to drive the little thing. I can barely drive my 1/10 Nitro RS4 around here lol
Roads are so bad here that I promptly rolled my RS4 with my new body earlier haha
Didn't scrape up the body too bad though. Also managed to roll my Nitro MT2 several times due to the rough roads. And speaking of that MT2, the body still hasn't arrived at the hobby shop, as it was back ordered -_____-
Anyway here is a pic of the RS4 with my new body next to another Plymouth, my 1/18 GMP Diecast GTX Streetfighter X:
IMG_1320s.jpg

Still waiting on some rear tires for my new wheels, some HPI Vintage wheels, which look like Cragars/Torque Thrusts. Also got some brake disks on order, as the stock HPI disk melted on the MT2 lol...

hey hey time for some good stuff these are my older pics i now have new shock towers and bulkheads made from aluminum. will get up pics soon.

NRsidenobody.jpg

NRrockcrawler-1.jpg

NRrearquarter.jpg

NRwheely.jpg

Why does the rear tyre have deep, off-road grooves while the front ones are almost slick? Would that have quite a bit of oversteer on smooth surfaces?

Here's our latest layout for our backyard track. I posted another video on here before but I can't remember if it was this layout or the older one. We didn't run near as much as we should have here this year. I would say we won't even change the layout for next summer, probably just do some maintance to it and race. That's my car running I think this was the first run we had done on this layout.

For the guy above asking about the tires. I'm guessing that must be a rear wheel drive car. If not I have no idea why the tires are like that. If their only rear wheel drive you want a little less traction up front and a little narrower tires to get better steering or it will be really sluggish in turns.

Good chance I will be ordering an Axial SCX10 Trail Honcho RTR next week. After that, there will still be 2 more r/c cars I really want lol...

So I ordered the SCX-10, and it will be here on Monday :D
On the other hand, I destroyed the spur gear on my Nitro RS4 MT2, so now that truck sits in pieces awaiting a new spur gear. Also still waiting on a body for the MT2, as it is still backordered. Might just get a different body in a couple weeks when I get a new body for the SCX-10.

Sweet honcho, I'm thinking of getting a honcho or a wraith since axial makes some sick crawling rigs.
You should checkout rc4wd.com and cad to chrome if you want to go scaler and functional.

Grabbed my boy an 1/18th ECX Smash for his birthday. He got a cheap hot wheels RC for Christmas. Non proportional. While fun The light switch steering and throttle wasn't.

So found these. Mini T rebadged. The price was really good for hobby grade. Upgrades are everywhere. This be a good place for him to learn modding and have an RC the is fully controllable.

Not a bad lil truck out the box for the price. 59.99 on Horizon. Oh needs the 1200-1500 6 cell pack to be fun. The AA pack thing didn't even make an appearance. LoL

His first upgrades will be. Oil shocks and ball bearings. Teach him foundation and removing resistance. This child of mine is my baby boy and a complete and utter Gearhead. He plays with cars and only cars. Games are GT5/NFS/DIRT all on a wheel with a custom cockpit I built him and his brother. The oldest isn't so much into racing and cars. He likes them but isn't obsessed. As well the youngest has some natural racing talent. He can hang with me. Not that I'm super fast but I get accused of being an Alien often. So it's time to invest into this little Racecar driver.

Last edited:
Sweet honcho, I'm thinking of getting a honcho or a wraith since axial makes some sick crawling rigs.
You should checkout rc4wd.com and cad to chrome if you want to go scaler and functional.

Thanks 👍
Here is a pic of all 5 of my R/C cars now:
100_5780s.jpg

*EDIT*
Some pics of the SCX-10 in the wild:

IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

Last edited:
74043_321158364665427_1313703480_n.jpg

here are my 3 Traxxas RC cars
on the left is Ken Block Gymkhana Fiesta
middle, is Slash 4x4 Ultimate
and right is Summit.

Venom800tt
Thanks 👍
Here is a pic of all 5 of my R/C cars now:

*EDIT*
Some pics of the SCX-10 in the wild:

Oh man I didn't need to see that. I'm in college and trying to buy a new car. I didn't need to be reminded of my endless infatuation with the scx-10!

haha, thanks :)
The SCX-10 will look even more realistic when I get a Jeep Wrangler body and more lights for it :D
Also need to get some bigger battery packs. For now just gonna get some NiMH packs, as LiPo's and chargers get EXPENSIVE -__-

Back