R/C car thread!

Been looking at this thread and have to say its got my interest up, I'm now considering a on road RC.

Although I'd be a beginner I'd quite happily spend £500+ but I have no idea where to start.

Any tips?

Been looking at this thread and have to say its got my interest up, I'm now considering a on road RC.

Although I'd be a beginner I'd quite happily spend £500+ but I have no idea where to start.

Any tips?

See if you can find somewhere where they actually race them near you and go see what those guys run. Also find what your local hobby shop carries so its easier to get parts when things break b

See if you can find somewhere where they actually race them near you and go see what those guys run. Also find what your local hobby shop carries so its easier to get parts when things break b

Good advice!

I love the straight axle pan cars. Love to race time again.

Hey guys I could use a little help with my modified HPI E10. It has a 14T brushed motor and dynamite ESC, and LiPo battery. It can run extremely fast, but at the top end the measly plastic driveshaft starts to warp and contort, slapping everything. I'm getting an aluminum shaft soon, but I have another problem on my hands....

A few days ago I was shooting it down the street at top speed, when it hit a rock and swerved to the right, hitting the stem? (Or wooden base, idk what they're called) of a bush. The force of the impact was so great that my body cracked and my car shot into the air and tumbled a few times before coming to a stop. The impact was on the left front. The wheel was buckled into the body and was touching the chassis, and I found the dogbone a few feet away. I put it back together (suprisingly, no snapped parts) and drove it around. However, the rear differential is experiencing severe difficulties. I've taken it apart and rebuilt the differential multiple times, but it won't solve the problem. The motor will be going, and the front wheels will be spinning, but there will be a terrifying grinding sound, and the rear wheels won't move except for a little nudge now and then. My car is effectively a Front wheel drive car that horribly understeers and sounds like steel in a blender. I have no idea what could possibly be wrong with the rear, and it's very frustrating. Does anyone have any ideas on what happened and how it could be fixed?

My R/C playground:
00DD9AC7-CE3A-4A8D-A2F9-5C02F6CB9F58-346-0000003360A21EA0.jpg

Though, inside the hangar it is pretty slippery, even regular tires become drift tires lol
Out on the ramp though, grip like mad. Also plenty of room to hit top speed on my Nitro RS4.

And here are a couple of pics of my SCX-10 with working head and tail lights:
3B9C2A57-CB6E-4ED9-B8D8-E6093756EE2C-346-0000004B813C1EAB.jpg

FA6376A8-4CF3-432F-97DE-9EBA0EA7DF29-346-0000004B8B59D259.jpg

I removed the spare tire from the roof and will replace the roof rack with a longer one. Also got some wheel weights to improve its climbing abilities.

Hey guys!... I have the Redcat Racing Volcano S30. Its a pretty nice rc truck to have, and i love the off-roading part of it. Its still somewhat in the breaking-in stage, but ive had to store it for the winter, as its not water proof... But, last fall, when i was using it for the last time before winter hit, i believe the rear clutch has started slipping; it runs, and the engines fine, but it doesnt move at all. Is the problem the clutch, or something else?

Fixed my issue... (warning: im horrible with part names) the piece the drivetrain to the rear gearbox, which i think my dad said was the driveshaft, (is that correct?) was loose... Tightened it, and now it works perfectly again.

Thanks for your support guys!

And now my HPI Nitro RS4 MT2 has head/tail lights:
IMG_1450s.jpg

IMG_1451s.jpg

Will make it MUCH easier to drive at work lol

Also got some more minor things for my SCX-10, RS4, and TT-01, along with a couple 1/10 car bodies on order for my RS4 and TT-01.

So I was doing some speed runs using my spare engine I just broke in recently, an OS 18 CV-R and now it does 52 mph according to a GPS app I have lol
IMG_1453.png

Yes, I strapped my phone to the car to test this haha
Anyway here is a pic with the new motor:
IMG_3227s.jpg

During my test runs, the thing was leaving the ground on the expansion joints in the road, as it was concrete. I wish I could test it out on the runway....

Last edited:
That R8 body is sweet.. 👍 Is it a 190mm shell?

The manual says that front thread is 190mm and the rear is 200mm. And it looks so - if I wear all wheels with the same offset, the rear offset will look less than front, towards the body.
The manufacturer is Tamiya by the way.

Nice R8. TT-01?
Anyway changed some stuff on my SCX-10...
IMG_3231s.jpg

Added a longer ProLine roof rack, added ProLine springs to my stock shocks, added Axial 2.2" wheel weight rings, tinted the windows, and painted the hard top matte black. Next I will paint the fenders matte black and possibly add lights to the roof rack.

No, the chassis was Team Magic E4D at the time when I've taken this pic.
Now it's enRoute JXR v2.
Ah, nice :)

469214_10151488310096089_2109134391_o.jpg

Leaving rubber on the road like a BAWS!! :D
lol, my tires are too hard to actually leave skidmarks. And even still my RS4 can destroy tires on even smooth concrete. Completely destroyed my rear tires the other night while driving it at work. So now I am back to a spare set of tires, and my old beat up Zonda F body...

100_6063s.jpg~original

^ RS4 next to my TT-01 Enzo

It don't leave skid marks where I normally run it.. The road surface was quite poor there, I was just showing my father inlaw it run for a few mins.. I am using HPI X pattern tyres and they seem to be holding up pretty well so far and offer really good grip. 👍

Ah, I was using HPI Vintage Racing tires, as seen a few posts back. Can't remember what compound they were tho. I also got some extra wheels from a friend, but they need tires. Needed the wheels for a body I plan on getting soon, the HPI Lexus IS-F Race Concept body, which I will probably paint blue. Also gonna add lights to that body.

20130528_185943_zps3f718d27.jpg

Still looking good.. Had a good 15 or more tanks of fuel using these, Lots of abuse too as you can see from the pics above :D

This happened on Monday.. My Bro inlaws Emaxx :lol:
IMG-20130527-WA0005_zps104c1065.jpg

After a big storm, I decided to attempt to make my Tamiya TT-01 water resistant. So I whipped out some aviation grade silicone sealant and went to town protecting all the electronic bits. Needless to say, the mod was a success, so now I have a submarine Enzo. No pics of it running through puddles, but here are a couple pics of it while it was still soaking wet:

100_6064s.jpg

100_6065s.jpg

Was rather amusing watching an electric r/c plow through puddles though. One deep one (about 3/4" deep) made it bog down big time though.
Also working on making my Axial SCX-10 water resistant, while I need to do my HPI Nitro RS4 MT2 and finish doing my Nitro RS4 3 Evo. Though, the thing with the nitros is I will need to make the air filters water resistant some how, maybe by making some sort of shroud to keep splashed water from entering the intake.

Does anyone know how to properly fix a wheel? My wheel stripped in the center, so i put a washer on it... Now that stripped out. (not too bad) Anyway to fix it? Or do i need to buy more?

The rim is sort of like hyper-dan's traxxas, above

Does anyone know how to properly fix a wheel? My wheel stripped in the center, so i put a washer on it... Now that stripped out. (not too bad) Anyway to fix it? Or do i need to buy more?

The rim is sort of like hyper-dan's traxxas, above

Got a pic of the problem?

Trashed my TT-01's left front suspension for good after a crash earlier:
IMG_1492s.jpg

Roughly $10 in parts will be needed to fix it lol. Can see some of the previous repair of it from a crash last week...
Also I obtained a used, mostly complete Axial Exo Terra buggy from a friend. Needs electronics though. Gonna stick a Castle 4600KV brushless in it so it can have lots of speed on any terrain lol
Would be a LOT more suitable for driving around my apartment or when I go visit family in Mississippi than either the RS4 or TT-01.

Some nice cars in this thread.

Just fitted a new engine to my Hyper 7 and running it in during the week. Will post some pics tomorrow if you guys want.

Back