R/C car thread!

100_0319.jpg

Okay, now I think I'm seriously addicted.

Actually, I bought this car out of stupidity. You see, I didn't know you didn't need a KT-18 controller for an MR-02 chassis. So I had a controller I couldn't use. Instead of getting on E-Bay and selling it, though, I decided to get an MR-03 chassis, instead. and it was the one I originallly wanted all along - the Devil Z.

What do I think so far? Well, the carpet in my apartment offers this car's tires TONS of grip. Must be all the little tread blocks grabbing the threads. It has so much grip on carpet that it can easily roll over. It's not as wickedly fast as my MR-02 GT-R, but it's still plenty of fun to drive. Yeah, I know, it is an RM chassis, but, IMO, this one's not to be a racer any time soon. I consider it a higher-performance basher than the XMODS Skyline. It's definitely a bit more fun, being able to actually get around without having to reverse all the time. However, it freakin' LEAPS on one of the edging blocks between the kitchen and foyer. Not even the GT-R or Skyline do that. Granted, I have all the parts to make it MM, thanks to the GT-R. I think I even have the parts to make it a wide chassis, too.

I noticed small posts on the headlight/taillight assemblies...this for lights?

Last edited:
They work on any battery. Just search for battery cut off or battery alarm in the radio control section on ebay. Should have plenty pop up.

RACING IN WINFIELD, IL - SATURDAY!

R/C RACING - WINFIELD, IL 2011

Date: The first race will be Sat., May 14. The other race dates are June 18, July 16, Aug. 13, & Sept. 17.

Time: Racing begins at 11:00 AM. The track will be open at 10:00 AM.

Classes: These races are for electric cars only, The classes will be stock touring, Tamiya Mini, SC Trucks, Off Road, GT3, Traxxas Rally and others if we have at least three cars.

Cost: $10.00 for adults and $5.00 for racers 12 and under. This price is for any number classes. If you race 10 classes it only costs you $10. All the money taken in will go to the church.

Facilities: We will be using an AMBrc scoring system. Electricity and washrooms will be available. There is a MacDonald's and Burger King close by.

Details: This is a fundraiser for Winfield Community United Methodist Church. The church is trying this as part of their outreach programs. There may be no drivers' stand. You may want to bring something to stand on if you need it. There will be a door prize drawing for the drivers at no charge. Everyone had a very good time last year. The address is 0S347 Jefferson Street, Winfield, IL 60190-1406.
This great place for new drivers to get started and for racers looking to have fun!

Directions: Take Rt. 38/ Roosevelt road to County Farm Rd and turn north. There's a MacDonald's at that intersection. Go north to Manchester Rd. and turn left or west on Manchester. Take Manchester to Jefferson St. and turn right or north and go about a block and you'll see the church on the right side.

Take Rt. 64/North Ave. to County Farm Rd. and turn south. There's a Honda motorcycle dealer at the intersection. Take County Farm Rd. to Manchester Rd. Turn right or west on to Manchester Rd. Take Manchester to Jefferson and turn right on Jefferson. Go about a block and you'll see the church on the right.

Great Racing in Winfield, IL
We had a very good day of racing with wily veterans and some outstanding young drivers. The racing in the VTA and Tamiya Mini Classes was great with close exciting racing. Our young drivers, Austin Pratt, Dylan Kuc and Williamn Henning did a great job in the off road and classes. The drivers enjoyed the door prizes. Everyone pitched in to help tear down the track. We appreciate the help of Austin, Dylan, Jeff, Mark, and Ken.
View attachment WINFIELD ROUND 2 6-18.pdf

View attachment WINFIELD ROUND 3 6-18.pdf

View attachment WINFIELD ROUND 1 6-18.pdf

In the Chicago suburbs, which is too far I'm sure, there is some Mini Z racing and the smaller scale racing. If there are other people in the Peoria area with Mini Z's you could probably get a racing series started in someone's garage or basement with some inexpensive carpeting. The ILap lap counting system is good for the very small scale cars and is a lot less expensive than the AMB systems.

Have not been on here for a while, was just reading the thread again since I last posted my car up, love this forum makes me feel young again playing for rc cars and so forth.

My THIRD R/C car this year, also a 1/24th scale. Not a Mini-Z or XMODS, though...

100_0375.jpg

Yes, I bought the Micro SCT by Losi. Neat little truck, gotta say. Perfect for apartment bashing. Now...needs a blue body, and some "Bigfoot" stickers...

RACING SATURDAY!

R/C RACING - WINFIELD, IL 2011

Date: The first race will be Sat., May 14. The other race dates are June 18, July 16, Aug. 13, & Sept. 17.

Time: Racing begins at 11:00 AM. The track will be open at 10:00 AM.

Classes: These races are for electric cars only, The classes will be stock touring, Tamiya Mini, SC Trucks, Off Road, GT3, Traxxas Rally and others if we have at least three cars.

Cost: $10.00 for adults and $5.00 for racers 12 and under. This price is for any number classes. If you race 10 classes it only costs you $10. All the money taken in will go to the church.

Facilities: We will be using an AMBrc scoring system. Electricity and washrooms will be available. There is a MacDonald's and Burger King close by.

Details: This is a fundraiser for Winfield Community United Methodist Church. The church is trying this as part of their outreach programs. There may be no drivers' stand. You may want to bring something to stand on if you need it. There will be a door prize drawing for the drivers at no charge. Everyone had a very good time last year. The address is 0S347 Jefferson Street, Winfield, IL 60190-1406.
This great place for new drivers to get started and for racers looking to have fun!

Directions: Take Rt. 38/ Roosevelt road to County Farm Rd and turn north. There's a MacDonald's at that intersection. Go north to Manchester Rd. and turn left or west on Manchester. Take Manchester to Jefferson St. and turn right or north and go about a block and you'll see the church on the right side.

Take Rt. 64/North Ave. to County Farm Rd. and turn south. There's a Honda motorcycle dealer at the intersection. Take County Farm Rd. to Manchester Rd. Turn right or west on to Manchester Rd. Take Manchester to Jefferson and turn right on Jefferson. Go about a block and you'll see the church on the right.

heres my first RC truck: HPI Savage X

was an HPI fan when all my friends got Traxxas. Also brought a Hellfire.
Now these guys are shelf queen. Havent touch them in almost 3yrs. Now RC is mostly Lipos.... dnt know if i ever get back on that hobby. Twas fun! :)

RotaryFreak
heres my first RC truck: HPI Savage X
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8671279@N07/2014953218/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8671279@N07/2014155501/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8671279@N07/529686630/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8671279@N07/529448541/

was an HPI fan when all my friends got Traxxas. Also brought a Hellfire.
Now these guys are shelf queen. Havent touch them in almost 3yrs. Now RC is mostly Lipos.... dnt know if i ever get back on that hobby. Twas fun! :)

I don't know any thing about rc but is that a mini engine in it? Sweet what would be good to get in the hobby with?

WINFIELD, IL RC RACE 7/16
On Saturday we had a lot of close, exciting races in all of our classes which included VTA, Slash, Off Road, Tamiya Mini, and Traxxas Rally. The veterans and rookies demonstratd a lot skill and patience. Dylan and Alex did an excellent job. Everyone had fun, and the church members appreciate the funds that were raised. We want to thank John R. for coming early to help set up. Thanks to all the people who stayed to help clean up which included Dylan, Alex Jeff, Gary, John, Ken, Mr. Kuc and Gerry. Thanks to Gerry for calling a few races. Our next race is Aug. 13.

I don't know any thing about rc but is that a mini engine in it? Sweet what would be good to get in the hobby with?

yap, Its called a Nitro engine --> http://www.rc-trucks.org/rc-nitro-engines.htm
although some big RC cars/trucks run on Gas engines.

Good thing about this hobby is that it gives you a chance to learn stuff like suspension tuning, fuel and air ratio, gear ratios, weight distribution, etc. So its like having a truck/car in a smaller scale. 👍

didn't realise you were looking at a short course trucks. either hpi or traxxas will be good. tamiya is more an on road brand.

DSC02667.jpg

DSC02668.jpg

DSC02669.jpg

DSC02670.jpg

DSC02671.jpg

DSC02672.jpg

DSC02673.jpg

DSC02674.jpg

DSC02675.jpg

i no its dusty...hasnt been used in a while, one of the cogs near the motor has no teeth left on it and couldnt find a spare

Back