Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,220 comments
A reminder that recommended PC requirements are often exaggerated and for 1080p/60fps/high or max settings. If you have a PC that doesn't meet the requirements don't worry just yet. Try out Forza 6 Apex, performance in that will probably be very close to Horizon 3.

Well, since i upgraded to my GTX1060 FE and i overclocked it by 225MHz, and my i7 4770k 4.3GHz, 16GB Ram, I haven't tried Apex. But im sure it will run FH3 at 1080p quite smooth! I'm quite excited!
I have the same CPU and ram setup, but with a GTX1070 and it handles Apex at 4K60FPS. So you should have no problem getting a solid 60FPS at 1080P in FM3.

They've added minimal PC requirements on Windows Store.

CPU: i5 3570
GPU: GT740 or R7 250X
Vram: 2GB
Ram: 8GB

I wonder If FH3 will start on a i3 processor. Apex works without any problems on i3 4330.

A reminder that recommended PC requirements are often exaggerated and for 1080p/60fps/high or max settings. If you have a PC that doesn't meet the requirements don't worry just yet. Try out Forza 6 Apex, performance in that will probably be very close to Horizon 3.
I'm sure Horizon will take a bit more juice than Apex, I mean theres a reason the motorsport games are 60fps on Xbox and the Horizon ones are 30. Open world is more stressful than closed tracks

I'm sure Horizon will take a bit more juice than Apex, I mean theres a reason the motorsport games are 60fps on Xbox and the Horizon ones are 30. Open world is more stressful than closed tracks
True that, but the difference wouldn't be absolutely massive I imagine. If you can run Apex on High settings on a solid 60FPS i'd imagine you wouldn't have much trouble running H3. You could also make the argument that Apex was more 'testing the waters' and gathering a bit more data from the PC folk, so who knows the Horizon 3 port might be slightly better optimized.

I'm somewhat surprised the Terradyne Gurkha hasn't been announced. I know it's not everyone's favorite. Hell, it's not even my favorite. It just seems like it would be well suited to Australia.

You can pre-load the game data but you are not allowed to access the content until release. It ensures you have the game ready to play when it's available.

Yes i understand that , anyway better the sooner than late , mine is downloading aswell.

I bought the digital one but nothing on the PC store , mayby it has to do i dont have that annyversary update?

Like i i said i didnt see anyhting on the pc but that might because i dont have the annyversy update , wich in the pc requirements you will need, can anyone confirm this?
The XBox Play Anywhere program officially starts on Sept 13th, That is likely the earliest time PC preloads will be available.

Isn't that also the date the demo is supposed to go live?
I believe that is actually the date for the demo, if I remember correctly.

I plan to finally purchase my next Friday. I almost wasn't going to purchase it because there's a show that came up with Miami Horror, Capital Cities, and Chk Chk Chk. However, if I don't do it on this next check I'll have to wait until next month, and that's just not acceptable. :P

Ok French media have been getting their hands on with what seems like the full game.

A few tweets/pics

What is the car in red @ 14 seconds?

First look at October Forzathon events:

CrTBoQVWIAYMhfT.jpg:large

First blurry look at avatar selection and possibly radio stations further back

CrSVdUOWAAA-s35.jpg

CrSm-kTXEAEjq30.jpg

CrSga5zWgAAScrG.jpg

Last edited:
GASP! It looks like you can change your license plate number like in NFS! :eek:

Also I'm not to sure about the red car. From far away it looks like the GT 86 or something by the shape of it (one next the white RX-7).

GASP! It looks like you can change your license plate number like in NFS! :eek:
I am pretty sure they confirmed that back at E3, but then never mentioned it again, so many seem to have forgotten about it. I have even seen YouTubers that cover Forza recently say that they doubt you can Change the license plates, even though PG already said you could.

EDIT: Thank You willbsn13 for the plate customization screen picture.

:drool:

I am pretty sure they confirmed that back at E3, but then never mentioned it again, so many seem to have forgotten about it. I have even seen YouTubers that cover Forza recently say that they doubt you can Change the license plates, even though PG already said you could.
It looks like you can now! :D.

Last edited:
Back