Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,220 comments
I think I'll just get the standard edition, I'm hoping there will be more Australian cars added. If so, I'll get DLC packs or the car pass. I've never bought DLC before as I'm tight as a fish's bum with money so I'll see what happens.

The placeholders have been removed and the full game is now available to pre-download. Total size is 46 gigs, so plan accordingly.

Hi guys, has anyone been able to even find the game on the windows store on PC?

I've pre-ordered the ultimate edition a few weeks ago on the microsoft website and I've seen posts of people being able to pre-download a small part of the game already. However when I open up the windows store app on Win10 and look up "Forza Horizon 3", it seems to be listed because it comes up on the research bar but when I try to load it I get an error message saying something along the lines of "The item you are looking for isn't in our store yet, try using the search bar for it?"

It's been that way for the past 5 days. Although I know i'm just being impatient, I at least want to make sure I haven't spent a hundred bucks for thin air ^^'

I tried looking if it was somehow that I wasn't on the "Anniversary" update, but apparently i'm up to date. >.>

EDIT: here's a screen.

Last edited:
This is what shows up for me when I type in Forza Horizon 3 in the search box:

upload_2016-9-5_12-20-51.png

And I can view the game's page fine.

upload_2016-9-5_12-22-17.png

Oddly enough though, there is no Pre-Order button the on the standard version's page.

I seem to having issues with the W10 store. It shows that I own FH3 Ultimate edition on the store page, but it is not showing up in my library or download list.

Edit: I figured it out. Downloaded the 3MB placeholder, but the full game is not ready to download for me yet.

Last edited:
@Terronium-12
If I search for the game on the xbox app, I get this:

Clicking any of the "Edition" or passes loads a blank page within the app that requires 2 presses on the back button to come back to the previous menu.
Clicking on the "Xbox console Games" version loads a blank page as well, however backing once results in the game's description page where I can choose to " + Follow " or "View in store". View in store gets me the same thing I showed in my previous post.

The "Windows store Games" version does the exact same thing...

EDIT: If I go on the actual Xbox store online (not the app) I can view the game, and it says that "I own this article" but I still can't seem to get anything >.>

Last edited:
Hi guys, has anyone been able to even find the game on the windows store on PC?

I've pre-ordered the ultimate edition a few weeks ago on the microsoft website and I've seen posts of people being able to pre-download a small part of the game already. However when I open up the windows store app on Win10 and look up "Forza Horizon 3", it seems to be listed because it comes up on the research bar but when I try to load it I get an error message saying something along the lines of "The item you are looking for isn't in our store yet, try using the search bar for it?"

It's been that way for the past 5 days. Although I know i'm just being impatient, I at least want to make sure I haven't spent a hundred bucks for thin air ^^'

I tried looking if it was somehow that I wasn't on the "Anniversary" update, but apparently i'm up to date. >.>

EDIT: here's a screen.

Are you sure you on the Anniversary update , because when i was not and i was looking for forza in the store i got the same exact message , when i updated to the Anniversary that error message was gone.

@Terronium-12
If I search for the game on the xbox app, I get this:

Clicking any of the "Edition" or passes loads a blank page within the app that requires 2 presses on the back button to come back to the previous menu.
Clicking on the "Xbox console Games" version loads a blank page as well, however backing once results in the game's description page where I can choose to " + Follow " or "View in store". View in store gets me the same thing I showed in my previous post.

The "Windows store Games" version does the exact same thing...

EDIT: If I go on the actual Xbox store online (not the app) I can view the game, and it says that "I own this article" but I still can't seem to get anything >.>

The only thing I can think of is it's a regional issue with the store not being updated, or some kind of search error. I can tell you though, I've just pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition myself and the only thing that downloaded so far is the cover image and icons.

You can try contacting Microsoft and see what's going on with your store, but I wouldn't worry too much just yet.

@johanhummer9 How do I look for that?
'cause Settings -> Update & security -> Windows Update says "Your device is up to date. Last checked: Today, 19:52.

Advanced Options -> View your update history shows me what i'm guessing are all the updates, yet none are named or contain "Anniversary" in them :c

Updates are also set on automatic, and I have an official Windows 10 Pro (updated from a clean Win 7 Pro installation, as a dual boot specifically for Forza games)

@Terronium-12 Yeah i'm not too worried yet, but I'd like to feel as if I was on par with everyone lawl. I mean, just being able to get the placeholder icons would at least tell me that I can and will be able to get the game. I just don't like to feel left out x)

EDIT: @johanhummer9 I ade a quick search and found out that my version of windows isn't he anniversary version for whatever reason. I still have version 1511 instead of 1607. So i'l try took that up.

Last edited:
'cause Settings -> Update & security -> Windows Update says "Your device is up to date. Last checked: Today, 19:52.

Advanced Options -> View your update history shows me what i'm guessing are all the updates, yet none are named or contain "Anniversary" in them :c

Updates are also set on automatic, and I have an official Windows 10 Pro (updated from a clean Win 7 Pro installation, as a dual boot specifically for Forza games)

My current build of W10 : 14393.105.

My pc also said the pc is up to date but i wasnt on the Anniversary update.

Here is a official link from microsoft to download the update manually:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history

The anniversary update is not out yet for automatic updates. You may need to install it manually.
Type "winver" in the search bar next to the start button. The anniversary Update will be Version 1607. If you are still on Version 1511 you can download the update assistant from Here. It will guild you through downloading and installing to the Anniversary update.

So, I preordered the FH3 Ultimate Edition on microsoftstore.com. However upon checking the order, I've noticed that it shows up as a 'Boxed Shipment'?? Yet in the email they sent me there's an option to 'Download Now'. I'm confused. I really hope that it's not a physical copy. Reason being is that I was going to livestream the game on the 23rd.

Edit: Just checked on Reddit. It's a physical copy, but apparently it'll be delivered on the 23rd. It better be, because I'll be chatting with Microsoft if it isn't. I paid for early access, so I expect early access.

Last edited:
Alright! Just finished installing the Anniversary update. And starting on the game's download :3

I hope it soon gets released as auto update, 'cause otherwise lots of players are gonna be wondering why they can't play the game...

Wait, so the full 46GB preload is available on W10? How do I start it? The store page just shows 'play' for me since I downloaded the small placeholder already a few days ago.

I've been wondering:

With the new widebody kits and bolt on fenders, does this mean we'll also be able to adjust the front and rear axle track widths? If we can't then I'll be disappointed.

I used AR because I was more pointing out the fact that the embargo date for those FH3 Previews is now confirmed for September 12th, rather than AR getting exclusive FH3 content.
It's fine, I just don't like AR12 very much. :P

@Ameer67 - AR12 is basically a partner for Turn 10 now. I know he's cringe-worthy, but getting the bigger-name players of the Forza games could be a great way to get the word out.

Well, it could be worse. (PewDiePie, Smosh, any other profane YouTube gaming person)

When I talked to Nick last month, he hinted that something like this would be coming.

It's a smart move, really: AR12 has a sizeable viewership, and if their exclusive content has stuff from the final game that isn't in the demo that's set to arrive the same day, it just builds on the hype.

Maybe you've been watching on mute all the time?
I actually don't mind his gameplay. Better than the other channels. Maybe that's just my opinion.
Also I guess we just pick the model up at stores when we get the game, I wasn't told about the model when I pre ordered the ultimate edition from GameStop
image.jpeg

I actually don't mind his gameplay. Better than the other channels. Maybe that's just my opinion.
Also I guess we just pick the model up at stores when we get the game, I wasn't told about the model when I pre ordered the ultimate edition from GameStop
View attachment 582729

I'm just sick of drift building everything. Or immediately full building everything. Why can't he appreciate a car stock or near-stock? Also, his DLC review and car reveal videos are ridiculous. He seems to not know anything about most cars and not even bother to look them up.

Back