Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,220 comments
I've purchased a headset and am hoping to spend more time doing online races. :cheers:

So, got to level 50 in FM3... "have a fap".

Seriously, they were frugal as hell with giving away credits, barely spending anything and I only got 1.6 million.

I already have 600,000 credits plus a garage worth millions in FM5 and I've only done the 2 intro races.:odd:

I get not wanting to force people to grind like crazy but the other extreme isn't exactly ideal either. Hopefully FH3 tones this down a little as I like seeing how long I can go without buying cars.

Y'know, I'm suddenly feeling less bad about the cars that are missing from either FH2 or FM6. My reason? Look at the S14 being a part of Forzathon.

My hunch is that the Forzathon events will replace the free cars that arrived every month in previous games. It's a nice way to re-introduce cars; vastly preferable to charging for them, and provides a nice incentive to do the events themselves.

I've purchased a headset and am hoping to spend more time doing online races. :cheers:

I already have 600,000 credits plus a garage worth millions in FM5 and I've only done the 2 intro races.:odd:

I get not wanting to force people to grind like crazy but the other extreme isn't exactly ideal either. Hopefully FH3 tones this down a little as I like seeing how long I can go without buying cars.
Yeah, they went from "you need credits? **** you lol" in FM2/3/4 and FH1, to a honestly decent amount in FM5, 70k every other race (so about every 4-5 laps lol) plus a million a month for Forza Hub was decent enough, needed to grind a bit for the IndyCars and other expensive cars, but a lot better.

The FH2 basically throw money at you and FM6 called out FH2 for their ****** throwing abilities and basically drowned you in credits.

CrSm-kTXEAEjq30.jpg
I wonder whether Keira is a festival organiser like Alice and Ben or if she's some kind of Aussie-themed GPS AI like Anna in the previous game.

I wonder whether Keira is a festival organiser like Alice and Ben or if she's some kind of Aussie-themed GPS AI like Anna in the previous game.

I think she's just one of your festival friends like Alice and Ben. Keira is such an Australian name to choose haha.

I wonder what cars/events I will miss when i'm on holiday in October,thankfully I'll have a shot at the Silvia though.

Where it says about roof racks and surprises, I wonder if the Jag F-Type coupe has the pushbike rack from Team Sky? Would be sweet.

You can thank the govt for that.
No, you can thank American Corporate greed for not giving a **** about Australian industry, and Australians' apathy to their own industry. No one bought the Falcon and Commodore. Too busy trying to be 'euro' buying piddly diesel hatchbacks built in Japan or Poland or wherever the **** they're made. American fat-cats that keep FordAus and Holden grovelling at their feet saw they weren't raking in money like FordUSA/FordEu or Chevrolet and decided to axe them. Goodbye over a century of auto industry and several thousand native jobs. ****, they coulda been smart about it and moved the Commodore to the Alpha platform to sell around the world as a cheap alternative to the CTS Cadillac, and Ford could've moved the Falcon to a stretched Mustang platform and sold it around the world. But **** foresight, right? Gotta get that immediate profit, future profitability be damned.

*end rant

Well, I am back in FH1 doing a new playthrough of the game on my Xbox One. One thing I could say is that I'm glad I never got rid of my 360, because I'm annoyed by the fact that this game on the Xbone won't allow me access to my downloaded dlc. I'm using the same xbox live account and I can't use any of my dlc; it's a shame.

Despite that though, this game still is a blast to play and seemed to held up well. I'm doing something I haven't done in a racing game and actually just modifying cars to playthrough multiple races. I usually just buy a car that's fast from the start and work from there.

Well, I am back in FH1 doing a new playthrough of the game on my Xbox One. One thing I could say is that I'm glad I never got rid of my 360, because I'm annoyed by the fact that this game on the Xbone won't allow me access to my downloaded dlc. I'm using the same xbox live account and I can't use any of my dlc; it's a shame.

Despite that though, this game still is a blast to play and seemed to held up well. I'm doing something I haven't done in a racing game and actually just modifying cars to playthrough multiple races. I usually just buy a car that's fast from the start and work from there.
Did you try and reinstall the dlcs under manage game on the Xbox 1 for Horizon?Did you transfer data from the cloud? Because both worked for me.

I was just spending some time on Storm Island on FH2 and it got me thinking about what kind of expansion they're going to do for FH3 (if they do an expansion, that is.) To me, the perfect expansion would be Tasmania. I would love to drive around Hobart and all the forests and beaches of Tas.

Did you try and reinstall the dlcs under manage game on the Xbox 1 for Horizon?Did you transfer data from the cloud? Because both worked for me.
Uh, no...I didn't know you could do that.

EDIT: I don't think I can transfer data from the cloud considering that all of my game data from the 360 isn't stored on the cloud, it's on my hard-drive. Also, it's not giving me an option to install/reinstall dlcs under manage game.

...okay, nevermind; I just had to install them again on the Xbox One.

Last edited:
How much do they charge for car passes usually? Because the Ultimate Edition is $139 on the Xbox store, or I can get a physical copy of the standard game for $89, just wondering if the extra money is worth it.

How much do they charge for car passes usually
Is 57(42 in SP+5 VIP+10 Allstars) cars worth it for you? Personally, i dont see the reason why i should spend extra 66%(even 75% in my country). M.b on sale with 40% off...

How much do they charge for car passes usually? Because the Ultimate Edition is $139 on the Xbox store, or I can get a physical copy of the standard game for $89, just wondering if the extra money is worth it.

The Ultimate edition also includes early access, which for us Australians is 4 days early instead of everyone else's 5 if you get it off of the Xbox Store. If you can find a physical Ultimate Edition copy still left in stock anywhere (good luck with that), then you would get 5 days early. For the Deluxe edition it's $119, which is season pass and VIP, but without the early access.

Was there refuelling in FH/FH2?
No.

I'm pretty excited for this to come out. I, like a lot of others here, am replaying the first horizon now. I loved the second one too, but For me Colorado was such a better location. I'm really excited for Australia, and I'm getting the ultimate edition as well. After getting it with Fm6, I'll be doing that with every forza game from now on. 👍

Edit: I didn't get the ultimate edition with Forza 6, I just bought the car pass then VIP etc seperately. I should of though. :sly:

Last edited:
I was just spending some time on Storm Island on FH2 and it got me thinking about what kind of expansion they're going to do for FH3 (if they do an expansion, that is.) To me, the perfect expansion would be Tasmania. I would love to drive around Hobart and all the forests and beaches of Tas.

I was thinking about that as well and posted my idea for a rallycross expansion in the DLC thread. I'm not super familiar with Australia's terrain so it's hard for me to think of much more than a RX or Porsche DLC.

Was there refuelling in FH/FH2?

Nope.

The Ultimate edition also includes early access, which for us Australians is 4 days early instead of everyone else's 5 if you get it off of the Xbox Store. If you can find a physical Ultimate Edition copy still left in stock anywhere (good luck with that), then you would get 5 days early. For the Deluxe edition it's $119, which is season pass and VIP, but without the early access.
I think the deluxe edition is really what I'm after, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Is it available in Australia?

I think the deluxe edition is really what I'm after, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Is it available in Australia?
The deluxe edition doesn't give you the car pass or the 4 day early access. It's just VIP, all stars car pack, and a preorder bonus car for $20 dollars more than the standard game, or $79.99 in US.

The ultimate edition is $99 here in the states.

I can't find any info about Australia, but the deluxe edition is digital download only, the standard and ultimate editions are disc or digital.

Back