Renown Tuning ™ Time Trial World Tour Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! Controller user over here. :P

I do have a wheel, but it isn't compatible with the 360.

Hey! Controller user over here. :P

I do have a wheel, but it isn't compatible with the 360.

Yeah, and don't think I didn't have you in mind in the above post! Then you take it a step further and somehow manage to tune these things! A flat-out mystery to me how you do it ... :boggled:

I was considering getting a 360 (for Forza), but hated the fact that there were only MS wheels to choose from. What a crock! I'm too spoiled with my G25... and still I drool over that Fanatec GT3! :drool: Serious $$$ there though!

Yeah, and don't think I didn't have you in mind in the above post! Then you take it a step further and somehow manage to tune these things! A flat-out mystery to me how you do it ... :boggled:

I was considering getting a 360 (for Forza), but hated the fact that there were only MS wheels to choose from. What a crock! I'm too spoiled with my G25... and still I drool over that Fanatec GT3! :drool: Serious $$$ there though!

The Fanatec is a great wheel, but for me, personally, I could never justify the price simply because I'm already up to my knees in steering wheels. :lol:

What I need is a Wheelstand Pro.

Great Vid Manny, good lap to, took it right to the edge on turn 12. :eek: what I like to see. Wish I had a video camera.

Yeah, that turn still trips me up sometimes! I know what I've got to do there, but knowing it, and doing it are two different things! :)

Thanks!

I honestly can't imagine how difficult it would be to do this without a wheel!

A lot of people say the force feedback in Shift isn't very good, but I've found that when the car is tuned correctly (like this Vette), the FFB is excellent! You can absolutely feel what the car is doing (or is about to do), through the wheel. You don't get that with a keyboard or joystick, so it's equally amazing to me the times you put up! 👍
i also use a standard sixaxis ps3 controller , never tried a wheel so i guess i don't know what im missing . i spent a couple hours on track this morning and my best time has dropped a little bit 2.09.220 the target time is within reach can one of us hit it?

i also use a standard sixaxis ps3 controller , never tried a wheel so i guess i don't know what im missing . i spent a couple hours on track this morning and my best time has dropped a little bit 2.09.220 the target time is within reach can one of us hit it?

looks as though the target time has been beaten ( well ) please disregard

Um, yeah you pretty much obliterated the target time dude. Well done! 👍

The Road America time to beat just dropped... my Final Time for this track is 2:08.86...

And just for grins... turn up the volume... :)

Manny you just beat me posting my time that I thought was a winner. Not as good as your time, very very fast m8t. I just could not get into the 2.08's no mater how hard I tried. I have one picture of how hard I was trying and even got more air under the front left wheel.

This is my final time because I won't get another run in before the closing time.

"Final Time" 2.09.030

Look how much load the back wheel is under, it looks like its flat.:eek:

Manny you just beat me posting my time that I thought was a winner. Not as good as your time, very very fast m8t. I just could not get into the 2.08's no mater how hard I tried. I have one picture of how hard I was trying and even got more air under the front left wheel.

This is my final time because I won't get another run in before the closing time.

"Final Time" 2.09.030

Look how much load the back wheel is under, it looks like its flat.:eek:

Wow, you've gone and bent the frame haven't you! :lol:

I just knew, seeing the times you've posted elsewhere, you'd bust your previous time.

The time I made up was all in the two big straights. I saw this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-xlHUxOYlY and I realized I wasn't getting good exit speed on the two corners before the two long straights. So I tried to brake earlier, slower into the corner, early apex & it made all the difference. Although I almost 🤬 when I saw the time on that final lap.

NITROVIOUS
VERY WELL DONE MANNY! great video too i love Joe Satriani too. no way will i beat that time

Thanks! Yeah, Satriani is great driving music. I once got pulled over for speeding while listening to that very song. :lol:

Seems this project I'm working on is really diverting my attention from everything else.

Round 2 has ended. Keep a look out for an official update later on today.

I did few laps in GT5 but it's just a demo, not worth playing. I'll take part in Green Hell competition, who wouldn't ? :sly:

First page has been updated, congratulations to everyone who finished. Once again it's up to the pole sitter to determine the event of the next round.

Welcome to the third round of the RT Time Trial World Tour Competition.

Round 3 brings us to Brands Hatch GP, a track that began as a motorcycle circuit. A further congratulations goes to everyone who remained in the competition, so without further ado Round 3 is as follows...

The competition is open to all players of NFS Shift but there are rules and regulations and as such will be described down below...

1. This competition is limited to the use of the 2008 Audi R8 4.2 FSI Quattro
2. You must use the settings provided by RT Audi R8
3. All assists must be turned OFF, except for ABS I can't judge that as I have it on myself, use such of your own volition.
4. Handling model must be set to Professional.
5. Damage effects must be set to Full.
6. Transmission is another to be decided amongst yourself.
7. NOS is not allowed.

- Target time is 1:26.030 and the Secondary time to remain in the competition is 1:26.960.

Round 3 begins December 21st. Round 3 ends 11:59 December 28th.

- I must remind everyone wanting to participate that the competition is Open to everyone, despite missing the first two rounds and it will remain open until the final round. So, if you're looking to participate, please do.

- Paid for in part by Renown Tuning.

Last edited:
I need practice with this track, best time so far 1.27.080. Having trouble with the 4th corner, the left hand one that goes up hill off the short track, getting to much wheel spin.
Also two right hand corners around the back of the circuit. The ones that you are travelling up hill to a crest that is in the middle of the corner then drops down away from you, I'm losing the front end over those crests. I may need to just slow down for all three corners.💡

I need practice with this track, best time so far 1.27.080. Having trouble with the 4th corner, the left hand one that goes up hill off the short track, getting to much wheel spin.
Also two right hand corners around the back of the circuit. The ones that you are travelling up hill to a crest that is in the middle of the corner then drops down away from you, I'm losing the front end over those crests. I may need to just slow down for all three corners.💡

Ah, welcome to my world! NITROVIOUS flat out spanked me on that track. Once again we're both playing catch-up with him. :ouch:

I've come to believe that the 4th corner is all touch. You kind of roll off the brake and onto the throttle so as not to upset the balance. If I do it right, I can see it in my times... unfortunately I only occasionally get it right! :lol:

I've come to believe that the 4th corner is all touch. You kind of roll off the brake and onto the throttle so as not to upset the balance.

I think that is my problem I have a lead foot :guilty: trying to get the power down to quick and stepping the back out. I'll have to squeeze the throttle on to keep the back in line 👍

boxox, why don't you join the (TT Competition), It would be great to have more drivers, it doesn't mater how fast you are or slow, its just great fun.
The more drivers we get, the greater the fun and the competition is. 👍

boxox, why don't you join the (TT Competition), It would be great to have more drivers, it doesn't mater how fast you are or slow, its just great fun.
The more drivers we get, the greater the fun and the competition is. 👍

I agree. 👍 Far too few people involved!

I am too used to running it on the PC with mods I think, but I will give it a go. You get about 3-4 decent slides out of the car before the suspension snaps off once you turn full damage on :)

129.973 (which it helpfully rounds down to 970 hooray) with the RT PI/upgrades but not the RT tune (I am dumb). And that's after 3 beers and with the horrible benchmarking setup I only realised was turned on by lap 2. 126 might be reachable after all!

It is weird going back to not having to mind the tyres other than heating them up ..

129.973 (which it helpfully rounds down to 970 hooray) with the RT PI/upgrades but not the RT tune (I am dumb). And that's after 3 beers and with the horrible benchmarking setup I only realised was turned on by lap 2. 126 might be reachable after all!

It is weird going back to not having to mind the tyres other than heating them up ..

I'm such a lightweight anymore... after three beers I'd be lucky to make it around once! :lol:

To be fair this doesn't really count as beer, it's just james squire golden ale, if I still had some of that belgian stuff from last week I would probably be asleep by now.

You get about 3-4 decent slides out of the car before the suspension snaps off once you turn full damage on.

Do you get real damage on the PC, I have tried everything on the PS3, with damage on full to try and damage the cars, but apart from visual damage, there was nothing to impede the performance or handling of the cars.
I wish they had made the damage in Shift the same as Grid. If you hit a wheel on something, you can damage that wheel and the handling of the car suffers. If you well and truly over do it you can total the car.:dunce:

Yep. There's a damage mod by yodastar - really doesn't do a lot to "mod" the game, just turns on some flags that are disabled by default.

So in the general physics setup file you have the following settings:

<data class="ImpactTweaker" id="0xC16660">
<prop name="Name" data="Tyre Wear" />
<prop name="Distance Threshold" data="0.7" />
<prop name="Magnitude Minimum" data="10" />
<prop name="Magnitude Scale" data="8000" />
<prop name="Level Scale (Novice/Norm/XP/Pro)" data="1;1;1;1" />
<prop name="Random Chance" data="1" />
</data>
<data class="ImpactTweaker" id="0xC166A0">
<prop name="Name" data="Suspension" />
<prop name="Distance Threshold" data="1" />
<prop name="Magnitude Minimum" data="100" />
<prop name="Magnitude Scale" data="400" />
</data>
<data class="ImpactTweaker" id="0xC166E0">
<prop name="Name" data="Detach Wheel" />
<prop name="Distance Threshold" data="1" />
<prop name="Magnitude Minimum" data="1200" />
<prop name="Magnitude Scale" data="1" />
<prop name="Random Chance" data="0.5" />
</data>
<data class="ImpactTweaker" id="0xC16720">
<prop name="Name" data="Engine" />
<prop name="Distance Threshold" data="0" />
<prop name="Magnitude Minimum" data="160" />
<prop name="Magnitude Scale" data="4000" />
</data>
<data class="ImpactTweaker" id="0xC16760">
<prop name="Name" data="Front Aero" />
<prop name="Magnitude Minimum" data="200" />
</data>
<data class="ImpactTweaker" id="0xC167A0">
<prop name="Name" data="Rear Aero" />
<prop name="Magnitude Minimum" data="200" />
</data>
<data class="ImpactTweaker" id="0xC167E0">
<prop name="Name" data="Sharp Object Damage" />
<prop name="Distance Threshold" data="0.7" />
<prop name="Magnitude Minimum" data="0" />
<prop name="Magnitude Scale" data="100" />

All of those are 0'd out by default, and a general 'invulernability' command is turned on. Switching damage on in-game, without enabling these, puts a ceiling on the total damage you can sustain and only allows suspension damage from the feel of things.

The damage system is very clearly the same Gmotor2 style stuff as in GTR2, but MUCH better and fine-grained, and much more tied to the visual damage model. It's a real shame they turned it off.

Let's keep this to conversing over lap times and things related to the current round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back