Renown Tuning ™ Time Trial World Tour Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. I ran my first-round time trial on London River and clocked a best-lap of 1:13.42. Not my best, but it'll do for first round.👍
I of course used Terronium's awesome Like The Wind tune, Pro Handling, No assists, full damage, no seatbelts... I took a video of it (53.8 MB), if anyone is interested, but I have zero experience with putting videos online.

Edit: OK I put the video on my YouTube account here's the link...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW1SbsN81qs

Last edited:
Manny here beat me to it, but I was getting ready to say the first round begins today. :lol:

The first round ends on December 11th. Check the first page for full details.

Bugger to late for the TT Competition :(

Not necessarily. :D

Seeing as there are only three people participating, you can jump right into it.

You have until the 12th to set a lap time though, and currently Manny has the record.

Great I'll be in it, and I get to play with the Zonda. That was a good lap in the Merc, I'll see what I can do in the Zonda, haven't driven it on that track.

Great I'll be in it, and I get to play with the Zonda. That was a good lap in the Merc, I'll see what I can do in the Zonda, haven't driven it on that track.

:lol: LOL! Great minds... I just took the Merc for a spin on the LR track. 1:13.10 was the best I could get in the first go. This kind of surprised me actually. I honestly didn't think it was as quick as that. It's a totally different animal from the Zonda. A little more planning involved in driving that car if you know what I mean. A fun car!

Sigh. An hour spent and I can barely manage 1.15.37.

I've been playing GT5P pretty fanatically the last few weeks. I've lost all touch for the NFSS system, and I don't know whether I want it back. It's just feels so frustratingly random at times.

I don't think it helps that the Zonda R has been my least favourite car in the game for a long time. I think Manny's experience with the Merc is exactly why. The Zonda IS a faster car, but it's so ridiculously wayward that it's near impossible to actually get it round at even a semi-reasonable pace. Hence, the Merc is faster.

I'll try again later today and get a passing time.

That wasn't a bad time Manny, I did my time trial, well I did 2 I ran 1 then adjusted the steering a little bit and then ran another 1, the 1st one I got 1.14.050 the 2nd I ran I got 1.13.580 and I was hanging it all out to get that. So your time Manny was a good fast time. The run a long the main straight, up to that left hand hair pin and then try to stop the car is totally mad(close your eyes and hope you stop).

can i still jump into this competition? and if so a quick question, must we stick rigidly to like the wind setup, or can we tweek tuning a little bit?

That wasn't a bad time Manny, I did my time trial, well I did 2 I ran 1 then adjusted the steering a little bit and then ran another 1, the 1st one I got 1.14.050 the 2nd I ran I got 1.13.580 and I was hanging it all out to get that. So your time Manny was a good fast time. The run a long the main straight, up to that left hand hair pin and then try to stop the car is totally mad(close your eyes and hope you stop).

:lol: Yeah, braking there is an act of faith. The toughest thing about the Zonda in my opinion is getting right to the edge of lockup without locking the wheels. The tires are so different sounding from all the other cars. I call them Nerf tires. It's not immediately apparent when they're skidding versus when they're gripping. And of course the difference is critical at that hairpin...
Those are good times though for the little practicing you've done! 👍

My best on the LR track in the Zonda was a couple of days ago... 1:12.89 The odd thing about it was, I was having a conversation with my wife at the time and wasn't paying close attention! So, I don't know what I did right! :lol:

can i still jump into this competition? and if so a quick question, must we stick rigidly to like the wind setup, or can we tweek tuning a little bit?

Yeah. Jump in. As for the tweaking, can't really say I'd agree with it as you might be setting yourself up for a mismatch.

:lol: Yeah, braking there is an act of faith. The toughest thing about the Zonda in my opinion is getting right to the edge of lockup without locking the wheels. The tires are so different sounding from all the other cars. I call them Nerf tires. It's not immediately apparent when they're skidding versus when they're gripping. And of course the difference is critical at that hairpin...
Those are good times though for the little practicing you've done! 👍

My best on the LR track in the Zonda was a couple of days ago... 1:12.89 The odd thing about it was, I was having a conversation with my wife at the time and wasn't paying close attention! So, I don't know what I did right! :lol:

Perhaps another talk is in order? :P

ok cool, i will get back to you with a time (me thinks it wont be pretty lol ) i usually drive handling experienced with assists off

hope the little digital driver was wearing his little digital diaper or the seat may need a shampoo job. anyway after making the appropriate adjustments and some practice my absolute best time so far 1:14:480. felt lucky to get even that.

Just a bit of heads-up, you can run as many times as you see fit to achieve a good or better time until the 11th.

Also, if the first page was checked (it was a minor update) the one who takes pole position can set up the next session - the following parameters are available to the pole sitter.

- Tier
- Car Rating (Should one desire to)
- Track
- Vehicle
- Upgrade restriction (works conversion or no works conversion), or you can simply vouch to use your own tune or one of mine (should you use your own be sure to post the setup so others can use it)
- The pole sitter sets the contending lap around their track, while I will set the secondary "still in contention" lap time.
- Everything will be handled by Renown Tuning, all the pole sitter has to do is provide me with the information.

Should this gain even a small interest on a regular basis time trial competitions will become a regular occurrence.

EDIT: Another thing, when you're absolutely happy with the time you've set be sure to label it as "Final Time" in either boldfaced text, or a colored text (easy on the eyes).

Just a bit of heads-up, you can run as many times as you see fit to achieve a good or better time until the 11th.

Also, if the first page was checked (it was a minor update) the one who takes pole position can set up the next session - the following parameters are available to the pole sitter.

- Tier
- Car Rating (Should one desire to)
- Track
- Vehicle
- Upgrade restriction (works conversion or no works conversion), or you can simply vouch to use your own tune or one of mine (should you use your own be sure to post the setup so others can use it)
- The pole sitter sets the contending lap around their track, while I will set the secondary "still in contention" lap time.
- Everything will be handled by Renown Tuning, all the pole sitter has to do is provide me with the information.

Should this gain even a small interest on a regular basis time trial competitions will become a regular occurrence.

EDIT: Another thing, when you're absolutely happy with the time you've set be sure to label it as "Final Time" in either boldfaced text, or a colored text (easy on the eyes).

Oh, OK. That’ll make it more interesting. 👍

Do you mind if we post our improved Lap Times here as we run them, until the deadline? My reasoning being that it’ll give us something to shoot for when someone improves the target time.

Be my guest.

In that case the time to beat has dropped to 1:12.300, which is now the London River track record for me. (And my wife wasn't even in the house!) It was a smooth lap that I WISH I'd gotten a video of. There is more time there to be shaved off though...

Final Time: 1:14.11

It was and awful lap, scruffy and loose. But I honestly don't find the car that enjoyable to drive. Although credit where credit is due, it's a lot better tuned with Terronium's settings than stock.

Still, it looks like Manny has this one in the bag so I'm hoping to see his famed Beemer for the next race...

To fast Manny, I tried to beat your 1.12.300 but I couldn't without destroying the car.:crazy: That time was to fast but I did shave a little bit off my last time, so my "final time" is 1.13.120 that's about my limit.:P

NITROVIOUS can i still jump into this competition? and if so a quick question, must we stick rigidly to like the wind setup, or can we tweak tuning a little bit?
I use Terronium's tunes and they are good. I will not change anything in the tunes because if you change one setting without changing some others you can bugger the tune up all together. The only setting I will play with is the steering wheel parameters, mainly the gas pedal, trying to stop the wheel spin and the Zonda gets some out of the slow corners.👍

To fast Manny, I tried to beat your 1.12.300 but I couldn't without destroying the car.:crazy: That time was to fast but I did shave a little bit off my last time, so my "final time" is 1.13.120 that's about my limit.:P

I can't explain the 1:12.3 myself. I'm routinely getting in the 12.8 to 13.5's, now but, I haven't been able to get below 1:12.80 again. I assume it was just one of those lucky flukes where everything just went right.

I use Terronium's tunes and they are good. I will not change anything in the tunes because if you change one setting without changing some others you can bugger the tune up all together. The only setting I will play with is the steering wheel parameters, mainly the gas pedal, trying to stop the wheel spin and the Zonda gets some out of the slow corners.

I gotta say this particular tune is amazing to me. I wouldn't touch any part of it. I did dial back the accelerator sensitivity to 40% so I could give it part-throttle more easily through the slower turns and that helped a lot.

I gotta say this particular tune is amazing to me. I wouldn't touch any part of it. I did dial back the accelerator sensitivity to 40% so I could give it part-throttle more easily through the slower turns and that helped a lot.

I dialed my accelerator back to 35% and that was a lot better out of the slower corners. 👍

Last day to set your fastest lap time around London River.

Round 1 ends 11:59 Eastern time.

Seems I need to set a faster lap time next time around.

You know, the keep up my reputation. :lol:

I'm kidding.

Round 1 has now ended. Check the first page for results, it is now the pole sitters game.

Paid for in part by Renown Tuning. Go! Go! Go! Or something.

Instead of opening subsequent new events as new threads I've decided to keep everything nice and flush and store everything here. Notice the title change.

👍

I just got my Zonda R, is it late for me to join?

No. But you won't be able to use the Zonda anymore.

Once Manny gives me the lowdown on the new event he has in mind for round 2, I'll pass that information onto you and everyone reading the thread and wanting to participate. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back