Renown Tuning ™ Time Trial World Tour Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL sorry :)

Anyhow, 3 more beers, but this time with the tune:

127.380 :(

This is about as drunk, but twice as much downforce as I usually use.

Here is an up date of my times on Brands Hatch GP with the Audi R8. Yesterday afternoon I managed 1.26.980 but still not able to get the power down up hill on the 4th corner. Last night, did another TT, but this time I lowered the rear tyre pressure by two clicks. It gave me more grip up the hill and lowered my lap time to 1.26.360.
Today I'm going for 1.25, I think the R8 can do a 1.25, its flying now. :)

Here is an up date of my times on Brands Hatch GP with the Audi R8. Yesterday afternoon I managed 1.26.980 but still not able to get the power down up hill on the 4th corner. Last night, did another TT, but this time I lowered the rear tyre pressure by two clicks. It gave me more grip up the hill and lowered my lap time to 1.26.360.
Today I'm going for 1.25, I think the R8 can do a 1.25, its flying now. :)

Not allowed, sir. :P

Yeah it's not hard to do better especially if you re-tune for better acceleration, put the brakes back further to pull the nose into corners, etc, it's doing a time without being able to optimise for that track specifically that is the challenge :)

Changing the settings in tune.

For the competition anyway; it presents a mismatch.

Thus far with Terronium's tune my best is 1:25.73.

This track is so unlike Road America it's amazing. This one is all finesse and timing. Roll off the brake roll onto the throttle... keep the momentum up, take the back sweepers as fast as possible with as little braking as possible. Kind of the opposite of Road America where it's slow in, fast out. Brands Hatch is much trickier than I thought before this competition.

glad to see round 3 is up
best time today 126.510
welcome BOXOX to the competition ,
i find best to take turns on this track initially with a shallow angle, preferably coming out of turns in 3rd gear, i switched to manual tranny for this track better control of corner exit speed

glad to see round 3 is up
best time today 126.510
welcome BOXOX to the competition ,
i find best to take turns on this track initially with a shallow angle, preferably coming out of turns in 3rd gear, i switched to manual tranny for this track better control of corner exit speed

Yes, I absolutely know the corners you did that for! I realized the same problem. Coming out of the corner 3 at the very lowest RPM of 4th gear kills the time doesn't it?

PS. Didn't you get into the 1:25's on BHGP when we were racing the other day. Of course it was hard to tell as you were all but out of sight ahead of me!

i think 124.00 is reachable, i blew a corner on above time, had a couple drinks too, ( picking up boxox's bad habits ) lol

i think 124.00 is reachable, i blew a corner on above time, had a couple drinks too, ( picking up boxox's bad habits ) lol

:lol:
Maybe we should have the Renown Tuning "Arrive Alive" Time Attack on New Year's Eve. Everyone get smashed then drive Spa! :lol:

:lol:
Maybe we should have the Renown Tuning "Arrive Alive" Time Attack on New Year's Eve. Everyone get smashed then drive Spa! :lol:

That would be fun. I can almost guarantee I'll have a lap time of 10+ minutes because I'll spend most of that time doing the track in reverse wondering why my time is never being recorded.

1.25.240 my best time today. it's much more work with manual tranny, but with practice my shifting is getting better. TERRONIUM you posted that this track was originally for motorcycles, some of these rising corners would have been hellish on a bike, lots of G forces

1.25.240 my best time today. it's much more work with manual tranny, but with practice my shifting is getting better. TERRONIUM you posted that this track was originally for motorcycles, some of these rising corners would have been hellish on a bike, lots of G forces

I can only imagine the neck stress. :dunce:

I had a feeling 1:26.5 wasn't going to be your best!;) The 1:25.24 is a good time. It'll be tough to beat unless my shifting gets better... and I don't feel like I'm becoming more coordinated. :lol: I'll focus on it after Christmas.

Back to it after Xmas, I have improved my time, not by much, but closer to a 1.25.
Best so far 1.26.030 and I have it back to T12's tune. Nitrovious's time will be hard to beat.

Back to it after Xmas, I have improved my time, not by much, but closer to a 1.25.
Best so far 1.26.030 and I have it back to T12's tune. Nitrovious's time will be hard to beat.

Yeah, that's going to be tough. I'll give it another go in the morning and see if I can't make it more exciting for him at least! :lol:

Well, I've run that track until all the little cyber fans quit waving their flags and went home. I must've put 300 miles on the poor beast today alone and I can't seem to wring another 1/100th of a second out of it no matter what I do.
So my Final Time on Brands Hatch GP will have to stand at 1:25.73 Well driven NITROVIOUS!

Round 3 Ends 11:59 tonight, if you're pushing for a better time - Push!

👍

It took me over 20 laps, but I got in the 1.25's just in time.
My Final Time on Brands Hatch GP will be " 1.25.870 "

Great fast lap NITROVIOUS... 👍

It took me over 20 laps, but I got in the 1.25's just in time.
My Final Time on Brands Hatch GP will be " 1.25.870 "

Great fast lap NITROVIOUS... 👍

That's a very respectable time MrB. Nicely done.👍

I think there was just something about this track that I didn't ever figure out. And believe me I tried everything. Auto, sequential manual, H-Pattern manual. I'd say 99% of my laps were in the 1:26.00 to 1:26.30 range.

Results will go up later on today.

Congrats to our new pole sitter NITROVIOUS.

Round 4 will be posted January 2nd, this will give NITROVIOUS enough time to think up an event and PM me with the details.

whew! still very close times all around. with these corners had 2 wheels on asphalt and 2 wheels on the grass most of the time, very close to cut corner penalty a few times lol.
great times you guys :) if anyone has any input or suggestions for next round, just PM me.
Hopefully we can make next round as good as the first three. :)

At the request of the pole sitter, round 2 is as follows...

1967 Corvette at Road America, using the RT tune.

The first page will be updated with full information tomorrow or Tuesday, round two begins right after the event is posted.

Round two ends on December 16th.

The final round (Round 5) will be a Green Hell time attack, the pole sitter of the fourth round determines all other parameters for the final event.

HI TERRONIUM, could you please elaborate a bit concerning last line of above text? thanks

HI TERRONIUM, could you please elaborate a bit concerning last line of above text? thanks

The final round is going to take place at the Nurburgring Nordschliefe, whomever takes pole position in the upcoming round decides what vehicle is to be used, whether it's upgraded (to any degree) and uses a tune, or if it's factory settings. Anything involving the race is up to whomever wins. If you want to change the entire event itself that's also available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back